Thursday, March 21st
- Mar21-May28Chinese Classes in Summer 2013TBDElementary and intermediate level Chinese classes will be offered in the summer of 2013! Registration is already started.
- Mar213:30pm - 5pmLanguage and Space in Mopan Maya: A talk by Eve Danziger, UVa (Thursday, Blow 201, 3:30 pm)Blow Memorial Hall, Room 201On Thursday, 21 March, Eve Danziger will share new research on linguistic relativity and cultural concepts of space. Join us in Blow 201 at 3:30 for her talk, "What's 'That'? Pointing gestures and culture-specific spatial conceptualization in Mopan Maya."
- Mar215pmPast as Tradition, Past as HistoryJames Blair Hall, Room 206"Past as Tradition, Past as History: Sanskrit Narratives in Kashmir's Persian Historical Tradition, 17th-19th centuries" delivered by Chitralekha Zutshi, William & Mary Department of History.
- Mar215pmProfessor Irina Paperno Lecture: How We Used to Live: Survivors of the Soviet regime"Washington Hall, Room 201On Thursday, March 21st, Professor Irina Paperno (U. of California) will be giving a talk entitled, "How We Used to Live: Survivors of the Soviet regime." The talk will be held in Washington 201, from 5-6 p.m.
- Mar215pm - 6pmLecture "How We Used to Live: Survivors of the Soviet regime"Washington Hall, Room 201Professor Irina Paperno (U of California, Berkeley) Lecture "How We Used to Live: Survivors of the Soviet regime remember their everyday lives, in memoirs, diaries, blogs."
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Global Studies