Wednesday, March 29th
- Mar299am - 4:45pmK-12 Education Interview DaySchool of Education
Schools and districts from Virginia and beyond will be on campus to interview students and candidates for teaching jobs as well as for some school counselor, school psychologist, and administrator positions.
- Mar2912:50pm - 1:50pmMVLS & WLS Present: A Discussion on Sexual Assault in the Military with Lt. NicholLaw School, Room 141
Join the Military and Veterans Law Society and the Women’s Law Society for a conversation with Lt. Nichol about sexual assault in the military. Lt. Nichol will also discuss her experience as a woman in the JAG Corps. Zaxby's will be served for lunch!
- Mar291pm - 7pmBlood DriveTrinkle Hall
The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive on Wednesday, March 29th from 1:00PM-7:00PM in Trinkle Hall.
- Mar292pm - 9pmEDM Club Chipotle Profit Share
Electronic Dance Music Club is teaming up with everyone's favorite Mexican Grill, Chipotle. Come get a drug-free, yet still addicting Burrito and be sure to tell them you're with EDM Club/show them the flyer! 50% of proceeds support the club
- Mar294pm - 5pmA Forest Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Student Recreation Center, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar297pm - 7:30pmAtwater Lecture Series: Judy SmithPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall
Judy A. Smith, whose career inspired the TV show “Scandal,” will present the 2017 Atwater Lecture at William & Mary’s Phi Beta Kappa Hall on March 29. She is to discuss her work in crisis management and community leadership.
- Mar297pm - 8pmHealth Careers Club Presents: Social Disparities in Health and Medicine PanelSmall Hall, Room 111
Come out as we discuss the social disparities that exist in the medical field today! Our panelists, Dr. Robert Scholnick, Dr. Elyas Bakhtiari, and Dr. Alison Scott, will bring unique perspectives from across disciplines.
- Mar297pm - 9pmAMP / Marquee Speaker: Judy SmithPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall
Judy Smith, crisis management specialist and the inspiration for the hit show Scandal, will speak about her life and career. Known for representing individuals such as Monica Lewinsky and Michael Vick, Smith has had an extensive and successful career.
- Mar297pm - 9pmBoard Games NightSadler Center, Games Desk Area
Do you like free pizza?? Do you like board games? Do you not care a whole lot about board games but like to hang out with your friends eating free pizza while watching them play board games? Sadler Center Games Desk is hosting an open board games night!
- Mar297pm - 10pmForks Over Knives ScreeningISC2 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127Forks Over Knives (2011) is an American advocacy film that advocates a low-fat, whole-food, plant-based diet as a way to avoid or reverse several chronic diseases. "Here is a film that could save your life." - Roger Ebert
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|