Friday, October 18th
- Oct188am - 4pmTIAA CounselingSadler Center, Colony Room
- Oct188:15am - 9:15amYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Ling.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Oct1811am - 12pmTime Management WorkshopCampus Center, Room 107Workshop to learn about time management strategies - students will create their own study plans in a group setting.
- Oct1812pmUsing our Powers for Good: Putting our Privileges to Work as AlliesBlow Memorial Hall, LoungeJoin us for a community discussion with Margie Cook of the Center For Student Diversity on what it means to use your own privileges to be an ally -- to join with those we want to help to create more justice for more people.
- Oct1812pm - 12:45pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Jenny & Beth.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Oct1812pm - 1pmNIH Career Talk - Dr. Robert EskayCohen Career CenterWilliam & Mary alum and scientist, Dr. Robert Eskay will discuss his career path, his position at NIAAA (National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism), and student opportunities at the NIH.
- Oct1812pm - 1:15pmHazing Prevention Webinar 1: "What is Hazing Anyway?"Campus Center, Conference Room 220The Hazing Prevention Coalition is offering a series of webinars to promote education and awareness on hazing prevention. Come learn with us how to make W&M a "home without hazing."
- Oct1812pm - 1:30pmProfessor Jennifer AltamuroAlan B. Miller Hall, Miller 3059Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
- Oct181pm - 6pm"The Early Modern Atlantic World in a Global Context"Tyler Hall, Room 102Lyon Gardiner Tyler Distinguish Lectures in History Fall 2013
- Oct183pm - 4pmChemistry Fall SeminarISC2 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127Paul Floreancig, University of Pittsburgh presents "Stereoselective Synthesis with Non-Stereoselective Reactions"
- Oct183pm - 4pmCompass: Finding an InternshipCohen Career Center, Presentation RoomFreshmen & Sophomores, it's no secret that one of the best ways to explore career options is by doing an internship. This workshop can assist you with strategies to land your preferred internship.
- Oct183pm - 4pmThe Challenge of Cyberphysical SystemsMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 20P. R. Kumar, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, will present a historical account of paths leading to the present interest in cyberphysical systems and outline several foundational research topics that underlie this area.
- Oct184pmBiology Seminar: Timothy Van Meter (W&M)Washington Hall, Room 201"Cracking the chromatin code in neurogenesis and neural cancers"
- Oct184pm - 5pmPhysics ColloquiumSmall HallSpeaker: Prof. Eugene Mele from the University of Pennsylvania Title of Talk: Topological Physics in Band Insulators
- Oct184:15pm - 5:15pmBody CombatStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Morgan and Terrence. Body Combat is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed.
- Oct184:30pm - 5:20pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Ally G. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Oct185:30pm - 6:30pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Paul and Terry.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Oct185:30pm - 7:30pmChina Night: Mahjong and Chinese CultureRowe House, Room 314A demonstration of Mahjong, the most popular board game in China
- Oct187:30pm - 9:30pmEwell Concert Series: The IngramettesEwell Hall, Ewell Recital HallPart of the Ewell Concert Series Admission is free.
- Oct17-Oct18Tenth Annual Brigham-Kanner Property Rights ConferenceLaw SchoolThe event features panels with the nation's leading scholars and practitioners and the award of the 2013 Property Rights Prize to Professor Thomas W. Merrill of Columbia Law School. Sponsored by the William & Mary Property Rights Project.
- Sep4-Nov6Group Fitness Instructor Training Course- Fall 2013Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studio and Conference RoomThis 10-week course will be held on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:15pm in the Student Recreation Center. Register online while space is available.
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary