Friday, October 25th
- Oct25All dayMcCormack-Reboussin Research ScholarshipWashington HallRising seniors who are majoring in French & Francophone Studies should consider applying for the McCormack-Reboussin research scholarship (worth $12,000). Funds may be applied to research-related expenses (including travel), as well as to tuition.
- Oct257am - 12pm
- Oct258:15am - 9:15amYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Ling.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Oct259am - 4pmRegistrar's Office Welcome Back Homecoming 2013University Registrar's Office, Blow Hall
- Oct2510am - 11am
- Oct2510:30am - 1:30pmSandy Kelly Alumni Tennis TournamentMillie West Tennis Facility (formerly Busch Courts)
- Oct2511:30am - 12pm
- Oct2511:30am - 12pm
- Oct2511:30am - 1pmOlde Guarde LuncheonCampus Center, Trinkle Hall
- Oct2512pm - 12:45pmYogilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Elizabeth. A combination of two of our most popular classes: Yoga and Pilates!
- Oct2512pm - 1pmCompass: Going to Grad SchoolSadler Center, James RoomFreshmen & Sophomores, come to this workshop to learn about the different types of graduate programs, how to research them, basic information about admissions testing and the application process.
- Oct2512pm - 1pmDART Information SessionSadler Center, York RoomCome discuss careers in the field of community organizing with the Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center.
- Oct2512pm - 1:15pmPre-Business Accounting Career ExplorationCohen Career Center, Presentation RoomAre you planning on applying to the Business School in February? Do you want to learn more about your options in the field of Accounting? If your answer is yes to one or both of those questions, this event is right for you!
- Oct2512pm - 1:30pmCareers in Community Organizing for Social JusticeSadler Center, York RoomTalita Sueldo '12, Community Organizer with The Direct Action & Research Training (DART) Center, will be hosting an information session on Friday, October 25 at 12:00pm in the Sadler Center - York Room to discuss careers in the field of community.
- Oct2512pm - 1:30pmProfessor Ritu AgarwalAlan B. Miller Hall, Miller 3059Professor and Robert H. Smith Dean's Chair of Information Systems Decision, Operations and Information Technologies Department, University of Maryland
- Oct2512:30pm - 2pm2013 Scholarship LuncheonMason School of Business Courtyard
- Oct2512:45pm - 2pm"In the Balance: Law and Politics on the Roberts Court"Law School, Room 127Lunch Talk and Book Signing with author and Constitutional Law expert, Harvard Law Professor Mark Tushnet Friday, October 25, 2013, 12:45 - 1:45, Room 127 Sponsored by the Institute of Bill of Rights Law Books will be available for purchase.
- Oct251pm - 3:30pmSwem Library Welcome Back ToursSwem Library, Lobby
- Oct251pm - 5pmConfucius Institute Open HouseRowe House, 314 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Oct251:30pm - 2:30pmChancellor's ForumSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Oct252pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium: Zhifu Xie, Virginia State UniversityJones Hall, Room 301Title: A new variational method with SPBC and periodic solutions of the Newtonian N-body problem
- Oct252pm - 4pmComputer Science Alumni ReceptionFirst Floor Lobby, McGlothin Street Hall
- Oct252pm - 4pmEnglish Department Alumni Homecoming ReceptionTucker Hall Foyer
- Oct252pm - 5pmAnthropology Alumni ReceptionWashington Hall, Room 103
- Oct253pm - 4pmBehind-the-Scenes Tour of Swem's Special CollectionsSpecial Collections Research Center, 1st Floor
- Oct253pm - 4pmHillger-Roberts-Kranbuehl Chemistry SeminarISC2 (Rogers Hall), Room 1127Jennifer Mass, University of Delaware/Winterthur presents "Don't Fade Away: Saving the Vivid Yellows of Matisse, Munch and Van Gogh"
- Oct253pm - 4pm
- Oct253pm - 4pmPhysics Colloquium "AT 3PM"Small Hall, Room 110T. R. Gentile, National Institute of Standards and Technology Title of Talk: Polarized 3He spin filters for neutron science
- Oct253pm - 4:30pm2013 Boswell Lecture: The Unfolding of the Self/Friend in Early Modern IsfahanTyler Hall, Room 102
- Oct253:30pmIt's good to be the Secretary: The state of Virginia's environmentVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumVirginia's Secretary of Natural Resources Doug Domenech will discuss the state of the Commonwealth's environment.
- Oct253:30pm - 4:30pmRussian & Post-Soviet Studies Annual Homecoming Alumni TalkWashington Hall 302
- Oct253:30pm - 5pmPhilosophy Homecoming ReceptionPhilosophy Department Common Room, James Blair Hall, Room 127
- Oct254pm - 5:30pmReunion Parade WatchesLocation determined by Class Year. See event page for more details.
- Oct254:15pm - 5:15pmBody CombatStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Morgan and Terrence. Body Combat is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed.
- Oct254:30pm - 5:20pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Ally G. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Oct254:30pm - 5:30pm
- Oct255pm - 6:30pmModern Languages & Literature Wine & Cheese Homecoming ReceptionCohen Career Center, Rooftop Terrace; Rain Plan- First Floor Presentation Room
- Oct255:30pm - 6pmPep RallyZable Stadium End Zone near Randolph Gate
- Oct255:30pm - 6:30pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Paul and Terry.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Oct256pm - 7pmBANDEMONIUM RehearsalSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Oct256pm - 7:30pmSunset CeremonyWren Courtyard (Rain plan: Sunken Garden Tent)
- Oct256pm - 11pmFriday Night Block PartyAlumni House and Richmond Road
- Oct256pm - 11pm
- Oct256:30pm - 8pmBranch Out Alternative Breaks Homecoming Reception & ReunionBlow Hall, Room 201
- Oct256:30pm - 9pmMason School of Business 1st Reunion Party for Class of 2013Durdin Patio (Outside of Boehly Cafe)
- Oct258pm - 9:30pmW&M Bands Presents: Bandemonium!Sadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Oct258:30pm - 9:30pmBotetourt Chamber Singers Homecoming ConcertWren Chapel
- Oct258:30pm - 9:30pmHomecoming ConcertWren Chapel
- Sep4-Nov6Group Fitness Instructor Training Course- Fall 2013Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studio and Conference RoomThis 10-week course will be held on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:15pm in the Student Recreation Center. Register online while space is available.
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary