Monday, October 7th
- Oct77am - 8amSmall Group Training: Real Women Lift WeightsStudent Recreation CenterCheck out W&M's NEW Small Group Training Program! Join one of our certified instructors or trainers in a 5-class series designed to meet your specialized fitness goals or interests!
- Oct77:30am - 8:20amSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Morgan. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Oct78:15am - 9:15amYogilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Ling. A combination of two of our most popular classes: Yoga and Pilates!
- Oct711:15am - 11:45amMindfulness MeditationBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Learn to be in the present moment, reduce stress and anxiety, increase memory, and feel at peace.
- Oct712pm - 12:45pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Jenny & Beth.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Oct712pm - 1pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Room 107Emphasis on sharpening long-term memory skills, learning novel review techniques, mastering the art of note-taking, rising to the top in a lecture course and strategically organizing study materials.
- Oct71pm - 2pmTai ChiSadler Center, Tidewater BPractice the art of Tai Chi, using slow, smooth body movements to achieve a state of relaxation of both body and mind. No appointment required.
- Oct73pm - 4pm"Research opportunities in the Lake Victoria watershed"VIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/BDr. Winnie Nkalubo, senior fisheries scientist at the National Fisheries Resources Research Institute in Jinja, Uganda, will present a research talk entitled "Research opportunities in the Lake Victoria watershed."
- Oct74:15pm - 5:15pmSmall Group Training: TRX Boot CampStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioSeries runs October 2 to October 21 every Monday and Wednesday from 4:15 to 5:15pm. Join one of our certified instructors or trainers in a 5-class series designed to meet your specialized fitness goals or interests! Sign up at the Rec Center front desk.
- Oct74:15pm - 5:15pmYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Kendall.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Oct75pmState Department Internship / Harriman Scholarship Info SessionBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201Hear from students who have interned at State, learn about the application process and how to make yours stronger, and learn about the Harriman Scholarship. Monday, October 7 at 5 p.m., Blow Hall 201.
- Oct75pm - 6:30pmDepartment of State Information SessionBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201Department of State Internships information session, Monday, Oct. 7th , 5:00-6:30 p.m. in Room 201 of Blow Hall.
- Oct75:30pm - 6:20pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Kaylie. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Oct75:30pm - 6:30pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Terry & Emily.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Oct75:30pm - 6:30pmPeninsula Health District Information SessionCohen Career CenterLearn about internship opportunities at the Peninsula Health District. Representatives will highlight programs and take your questions. A William & Mary student will discuss his health district internship experience as well.
- Oct76pm - 7:30pmArt & Art History Distinguished Lecturer: painter Jerome WitkinAndrews Hall, Room 101Well-known contemporary figurative painter Jerome Witkin is the Department of Art & Art History's Distinguished Lecturer for Fall 2013. Mon., Oct. 7 at 6:00 p.m. in Andrews 101. All are welcome.
- Oct76:30pm - 7:20pmPilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Maren.
- Oct76:45pm - 7:35pmZumbaStudent Recreation Center, Multi-Purpose StudioWith Anna. Zumba fuses Latin rhythms and easy to follow moves to create a dynamic workout system that will get you hooked! Come try out this total body cardio and toning workout that is more fun than it is work! Join the party!
- Oct77pmBiology Club Speaker PanelCohen Career CenterLearn how the web of life makes sense of everything from medicine to biotechnology and marine science
- Oct77:30pm - 8:30pm3-2-1Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Paul.
- Oct77:45pm - 8:05pmPower PilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Anna.
- Oct78:30pm - 9:30pmCardio Dance PartyStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Alana.
- Oct3-Oct17Two Truths and a Lie: Summer Sketchbook Project at Andrews GalleryAndrews Hall, Andrews GalleryTwo Truths and a Lie Summer Sketchbook Project Oct 3 - 17, 2013 Reception: Th, Oct 3 from 5 - 7p
- Sep10-Oct10W&M Mason School of Business's GMAT Prep Course Begins TodayMiller Hall (Mason School of Business)
- Sep4-Nov6Group Fitness Instructor Training Course- Fall 2013Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studio and Conference RoomThis 10-week course will be held on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:15pm in the Student Recreation Center. Register online while space is available.
- Sep2-Oct7Intramural Sports Officials TrainingStudent Recreation CenterBecome an intramural sports official!
- Jun10-Oct17Presidents of the College of William & MarySwem Library, Exhibit case located by Brown Board Room, 3rd floorThis exhibit is part of a continuing series about the presidents of the College of William & Mary. It provides a history of the College as seen through the eyes of its presidents.
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Apr17-Oct16Blockades, Books, and Bassinets: Children playing, learning, and surviving during the Civil WarSwem Library, Special Collections lobbyThrough materials like diaries, letters and photos, Blockades, Books, and Bassinets illustrates the lives of children of various ages, stages, and locations during this period. These are the stories of Charley, Willie, Nell, Lizzie, and many others.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary