Wednesday, November 6th
- Nov67am - 8amSmall Group Training: Real Women Lift WeightsStudent Recreation CenterCheck out W&M's NEW Small Group Training Program! Join one of our certified instructors or trainers in a series designed to meet your specialized fitness goals or interests!
- Nov67:30am - 8:20amSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Jill. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Nov68:15am - 9:15amYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Ling.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Nov68:30am - 10amScholarly Publishing: Economics, Open Access and Academic CultureSadler Center, Tidewater ASwem Library will welcome Lee Van Orsdel, dean of University Libraries at Grand Valley State University, to campus for several sessions on open access topics Nov. 6-7. This session focuses on new models for open access publishing.
- Nov612pm - 12:45pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Jenny & Beth.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Nov612pm - 2pmLunch and Learn: The Humanities and Open AccessSwem Library, Ford ClassroomFaculty across the humanities, Provost Michael Halleran and other university administrators will discuss how the OA movement is impacting research in the humanities, and consider ways in which scholars and publishers are responding. Lunch provided.
- Nov64pm2014-2015 Student Activities Fee Budget Workshop (No. 1 of 3 workshops)Campus Center, Little TheatreMandatory Pre-Budget Workshop for student organizations applying for Student Fee Funding for 2014-2015.
- Nov64pm - 5pmCompass: Resume Writing 101Cohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BFreshmen & Sophomores, Resume Writing 101 will introduce you to the concepts of writing strong professional documents and give you the tips you need to get started.
- Nov64pm - 6pmWriting a Research Paper: Strategy and TacticsSwem Library, Ford ClassroomAlthough most students have written response papers based on assigned readings, many do not have much experience with assignments requiring substantial outside research.
- Nov64:15pm - 5:15pmBody CombatStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Joanna and Terrence. Body Combat is the empowering cardio workout where you are totally unleashed.
- Nov64:15pm - 5:15pmSmall Group Training: TRX Boot CampStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioThis series runs from Oct. 23 to Nov. 6 and meets every Mon. & Wed. from 4:15 to 5:15pm. Join one of our certified instructors or trainers in a series designed to meet your specialized fitness goals or interests! Sign up at the Rec Center front desk.
- Nov65pm - 5:45pmRefWorks WorkshopSwem Library, Learning CenterSwem Library will be hosting a workshop on RefWorks. Learn how to capture citations from our journal databases and library catalog, export them to RefWorks, and create your list of references formatted in appropriate bibliographic style.
- Nov65pm - 6pmCompass: Crafting Your Cover LetterCohen Career Center, Presentation RoomFreshmen and sophomores, please join us for a workshop to prepare you for college-level cover letter writing.
- Nov65:30pm - 5:50pmPower PilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Ally H.
- Nov65:30pm - 6:20pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Morgan. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Nov66pm - 7pmFocus ON: Goldwater ScholarshipsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201Goldwater Scholarships provide undergraduate tuition funding for excellent students who plan to go into careers in the sciences, math, and engineering. Sophomore and juniors are eligible to apply.
- Nov66pm - 7pmStepStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Kim. Otherwise known as "Freestyle Step", this is a high-intensity workout using an adjustable platform with simple basic footwork. A fun and effective workout for all fitness levels!
- Nov66:30pm - 7:30pmYogilatesStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Kendall. A combination of two of our most popular classes: Yoga and Pilates!
- Nov67pmMen's Soccer vs. James MadisonWILLIAMSBURG
- Nov67:15pm - 8:15pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Paul and Emily.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Nov68pmOpera in Williamsburg presents "Il Trovatore"Kimball TheatreOpera in Williamsburg presents Verdi's magnificent "Il Trovatore," live fully-staged opera with a superb international cast. The W&M Stage Combat Student Association will participate in the performances.
- Nov68pm - 9pmThe Civil War in Seven SongsEwell Hall, Ewell Recital HallUsing themes such as patriotism, home, freedom, bravery, loss, and hope, this program, performed by Carson Hudson and Amy Miller, is a compact and moving study of the catastrophe that overtook America in the 1860s. Free admission.
- Nov68:30pm - 9:30pmYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Sarah.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Nov1-Nov30Hot Stones Complementary with 90 Minute MassagesStudent Recreation CenterThrough November, enjoy Hot Stones added for Free to any 90 Minute Massage Session.
- Sep4-Nov6Group Fitness Instructor Training Course- Fall 2013Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studio and Conference RoomThis 10-week course will be held on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:15pm in the Student Recreation Center. Register online while space is available.
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary