Friday, August 16th
- Aug16All day
- Aug16All day
- Aug168:15am - 10amNew Faculty OrientationSadler Center, Tidewater Rooms A & BDuring this session, new faculty members will receive information on various benefits.
- Aug1610am - 12pmNative American Fishing TechniquesOff-Campus, York River State ParkThis VIMS program, hosted by York River State Park, will showcase traditional fishing techniques used by local tribes as well as the species they typically caught.
- Aug1610:30am - 12pmSummer Public Tours @ VIMSVIMS - Watermen's Hall, LobbyReserve a space for our weekly Friday morning public tours to get a behind-the-scenes look at VIMS and learn more about our mission to protect and restore Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug1611am - 3pmBenefits FairSadler Center, Chesapeake A, B, CSome of the vendors that will be participating are: Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Aetna, Delta Dental, VRS, TIAA-CREF, Fidelity, Minnesota Life and Legal Resources of Virginia. Please come and visit the vendors for valuable information.
- Aug1612pm - 1pmSustainability Policy ForumDC Campus Carnegie Endowment for International Peace 1779 Massachusetts Ave. N.W. Washington D.C. 20036Learn from the Most Sustainable Country in the World! Culling from Cuba's success as the ONLY sustainable country in the WORLD, this roundtable discussion will offer a blueprint to all earth care workers how to create/maintain sustainable communities.
- Aug1212:01am-Aug2812pmHispanic Studies Placement TestWashington HallThe Hispanic Studies section will offer an OPTIONAL language placement test before the fall semester begins. The test will be available through Blackboard and students may self-enroll in the "Spanish placement test" between August 12-28.
- Jun10-Oct17Presidents of the College of William & MarySwem Library, Exhibit case located by Brown Board Room, 3rd floorThis exhibit is part of a continuing series about the presidents of the College of William & Mary. It provides a history of the College as seen through the eyes of its presidents.
- Jun10-Aug23Junior Tennis Camps at McCormack-Nagelsen Tennis CenterMcCormack-Nagelsen Tennis Center
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Apr17-Oct16Blockades, Books, and Bassinets: Children playing, learning, and surviving during the Civil WarSwem Library, Special Collections lobbyThrough materials like diaries, letters and photos, Blockades, Books, and Bassinets illustrates the lives of children of various ages, stages, and locations during this period. These are the stories of Charley, Willie, Nell, Lizzie, and many others.
- Mar1-Aug23Lost & Found at W&MSwem Library, Read & Relax area, 1st floorOver the years some College artifacts, library possessions and personal items that had been lost have been returned to the College. Many lost treasures now make their home in Swem Library's Special Collections. A new exhibit displays some of these items.
- Feb27-Aug26Jefferson Hall Fire: 30th AnniversarySwem Library, Case next to Tribe TutorZoneThrough photos and interviews, the Jefferson Hall Fire exhibit captures the devastating results of a fire that broke out in one of the College's dormitories in 1983.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary