Thursday, August 29th
- Aug2912pm - 12:45pmYogaStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Elizabeth.This ancient art is a great way to get fit both mentally and physically. Utilizing stretching, breathing and strengthening movements, yoga is a perfect way to revitalize and energize your body.
- Aug2912pm - 1pmMajor & Career Exploration Program Information SessionCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BThe Major and Career Exploration (MACE) series is a six-week, non-credit seminar open only to first-year's and sophomores that examines common issues students face in the first and second year of college. Application Deadline Friday, Sept. 6, 5pm.
- Aug293:30pm - 4:30pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Room 107Emphasis on sharpening long-term memory skills, learning novel review techniques, mastering the art of note-taking, rising to the top in a lecture course and strategically organizing study materials.
- Aug295pm - 7pmWMSURE Class of 2017 First-Year Welcome Meeting and Book ChatSwem Library, Ford ClassroomThis event is for first-year WMSURE students. Find out information about the opportunities provided for WMSURE students, including research experiences. We will also chat about the summer book,The Craft of Research.
- Aug295pm - 10:40pmAudition noticePhi Beta Kappa Memorial HallAuditions for Dancing at Lughnasa and the Two Character Play
- Aug295:30pm - 6:30pmBODYPUMPStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioWith Paul.The original barbell class that strengthens your entire body.
- Aug295:30pm - 6:30pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioWith Kaylie. Awesome music, motivation, and enthusiastic coaching lead participants through Spinning(TM) routines that are designed to simulate situations similar to cycling outdoors!
- Aug297pmCoastal insurance: The cause and effects of rising ratesVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Skip Stiles of Wetlands Watch as he describes his group's street-level study of how changes in private homeowner's insurance may affect coastal communities.
- Aug297pm - 8:30pm
- Aug297:30pmVirginia Symphony concertLake Matoaka AmphitheatreThe Virginia Symphony, which includes about 10 members of William & Mary music faculty, will perform a free concert at the Lake Matoaka Amphitheatre on Aug. 29 at 7:30 p.m.
- Aug26-Aug30Symphony Orchestra AuditionsEwell Hall, Recital Hall or Room 207
- Jun10-Oct17Presidents of the College of William & MarySwem Library, Exhibit case located by Brown Board Room, 3rd floorThis exhibit is part of a continuing series about the presidents of the College of William & Mary. It provides a history of the College as seen through the eyes of its presidents.
- May10-Nov10States' Rights v. Civil RightsSwem Library, Marshall Gallery, 1st floor RotundaConceived as a demonstration of American Cold War consensus, the Civil War centennial revealed how divided the country remained 100 years after Fort Sumter.
- Apr17-Oct16Blockades, Books, and Bassinets: Children playing, learning, and surviving during the Civil WarSwem Library, Special Collections lobbyThrough materials like diaries, letters and photos, Blockades, Books, and Bassinets illustrates the lives of children of various ages, stages, and locations during this period. These are the stories of Charley, Willie, Nell, Lizzie, and many others.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary