Wednesday, March 1st
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Mar18am - 9amLow-cost Training and Evaluation of Search EnginesMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Mar112pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/B
Graduate students Jennifer Beckensteiner and Vaskar Nepal update the VIMS community on their research.
- Mar112pm - 1pmAdapt Your Course for COLL 300: A How-to DiscussionSwem Library, Research Room
Come learn about adapting existing courses to fulfill the COLL 300 attribute requirement.
- Mar112:50pm - 1:50pmJudicial Backlash and Same-Sex Marriage: Lunchtime Talk with Prof. Reva SiegelLaw School, Room 133
Reva Siegel, Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Professor of Law at Yale Law School, will give an informal lunchtime talk entitled "Judicial Backlash and Same-Sex Marriage" on Wednesday, March 1st at 12:50 PM at the Law School in room 133. RSVP now.
- Mar13pm - 6pmPOSTPONED Baseball at VMILexington, Va.
- Mar13:30pm - 4:30pmCutler Lecture: Yale Law School Professor Reva SiegelLaw School, Room 119Professor Reva Siegel of Yale Law School will present the Cutler Lecture titled “On the Basis of Sex” – Analyzing (Pregnancy) Discrimination under Young v. UPS on Wednesday, March 1, at 3:30 PM in room 119. The lecture is free and all are welcome.
- Mar13:30pm - 4:30pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to enhance students' study skills, time-management skills, and active learning skills.
- Mar14pm - 5pmFederal Resume & Applications WorkshopCohen Career Center, Presentation Room
The federal resume looks significantly different than that you use to apply to other jobs. Learn how to build a resume that meets federal agencies expectations as well as tips and insights about the federal application process.
- Mar14pm - 6pmWMSURE Writing Strategy and TacticsSwem Library, Ford Classroom
This panel workshop, featuring Dr. Sharon Zuber of the Writing Resource Center and Prof. Paul Heideman, will offer practical guidance about what students should and should not do when writing for courses and research. Please register here.
- Mar15pm - 6pmGetting to the HEART of It: Human Trafficking’s Effect in WilliamsburgSadler Center, James Room
Campus and community organizations alike are stepping up to address human trafficking internationally, domestically, and right here in our local community.
- Mar15:30pmChanging the World: How Today’s Youth are Engaging Globally. Lecture by Shari Villarosa J.D. '79Tucker Hall, 127A
The Reves Center announces that William & Mary Law School Alumna Ambassador Shari Villarosa will deliver the 2017 McSwain-Walker lecture.
- Mar16pm - 7:30pmFear 2 Freedom Celebration EventCampus Center, Trinkle Hall
Assemble After-Care Kits to be provided to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Mar17pm - 9pmWomen's Basketball vs DrexelWilliamsburg, Kaplan Arena
- Mar17pm - 10pm
- Mar17:30pmAsuncionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Studio TheaterW&M Theatre presents Asuncion written by Jesse Eisenberg.
- Mar17:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Mudskippers, the Lords of the MudflatsVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Mudskippers are amphibious fishes native to the Indo-West Pacific and tropical west Africa. This presentation will focus on the biology and ecology of this remarkable group of fishes.
- Mar18pm - 9pmWham Bam Exam-Cram JamSadler Center, Lodge 1
Come on down to Lodge 1 to hear the best big band in town play some sweet tunes!
- Feb2711am-Mar32pmSEALS Cutest Pet ContestLaw School, Lobby
SEALS is now accepting entries for the annual Cutest Pet Contest! To enter send 1) your name, 2) your pet's name, and 3) a photo of your pet to to firstname.lastname@example.org by 02/19. Voting will take place in the law school lobby from 02/27-03/03.
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|