Tuesday, March 14th
- Mar1412pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar SeriesVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 426
Speaker is Louis Plough, University of Maryland, UMCES
- Mar1412pm - 1pm“African Americans in Jamaica in the Post-Emancipation Period ," with Dr. Erna BrodberMorton Hall, Room 237
Africana Studies will host a brown bag talk by Dr. Erna Brodber on her current research: “African Americans in Jamaica in the Post-Emancipation Period ," Tuesday, March 14, at 12 noon in Morton 237. Lunch will be provided.
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar146pmMerrimac Mentors Interest MeetingBlow Memorial Hall, Room 333
Interested in community service, mentoring, and the justice system? Come learn about Merrimac Mentors! We work with middle and high school age students at Merrimac Juvenile Detention Center on a weekly basis and are seeking mentors for fall 2017.
- Mar146pm - 9pmPOSTPONED Baseball vs Norfolk State, Plumeri Park
- Mar146:30pmLearn about the history of lynching in the South: Film Screening and DiscussionTucker Hall, 127 A (Theater)
Viewing and discussion of An Outrage: A documentary film about lynching in the American south.
- Mar146:30pm - 8pmTom Perriello Meet+Greet, Q&ASadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Come meet Tom Perriello, progressive candidate for Virginia Governor! As one of 2 states with an election this year, the Virginia governor's race a is crucial. Come hear Perriello's platform, ask hard-hitting questions, meet and chat with Perriello.
- Mar148pm - 9pmEBA | Skype With An Entertainment Professional: Christian DamonTucker Hall, Room 111
Interested in pursuing a career in talent booking? If so, the Entertainment Business Association has the perfect networking opportunity for you! EBA will be Skyping with Christian Damon, a Junior Agent at Spin Artist Agency based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|