Thursday, March 16th
- Mar169amStaff Assembly MeetingSadler Center, Chesapeake BThe Staff Assembly meets monthly, hosting one general meeting each fall and spring. All monthly and general meetings are open.
- Mar1610am - 1pmWomen's Swimming and Diving vs NCAA Championships Thursday PrelimsIndianapolis, Ind.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar1612pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326
"Oceanography and ecological physiology: an interdisciplinary approach to global change biology" by Emily Rivest, VIMS
- Mar1612:30pm - 1:30pmOral Presentation Skills Workshop for Graduate StudentsEwell Hall, Ewell Recital Hall (107)
Attend this workshop to improve your presentation skills prior to the Graduate Research Symposium!
- Mar1612:30pm - 1:30pmWake Forest Masters of Management Info. SessionCohen Career Center, Presentation Room
Interested in a Master's in Management? Our 10-month Master of Arts (MA) in Management program is designed specifically for recent liberal arts, sciences and engineering graduates who want to excel in today's marketplace.
- Mar163:30pm - 4:45pmThe Contemporary Effects of the Acadian Diaspora, a guest lecture by Barry AnceletWashington Hall, Room 301
The Acadian Expulsion carried out by the British from what is now Nova Scotia in 1755 dispersed the Acadians throughout much of the Atlantic world. How is Acadian identity and culture expressed today in Maritime Canada, Louisiana, and even France?
- Mar164pm - 7pmBaseball vs University of Massachusetts LowellWilliamsburg, Va., Plumeri Park
- Mar164:30pm - 6:30pm"Who's Your Daddy? A Paternity Crisis after the Peloponnesian War"Andrews Hall, Room 101
AIA Lecture presents: Professor Kelcy Sagstetter from the US Naval Academy discusses concerns about fatherhood following the Peloponnesian War. Free and open to the public.
- Mar165pm - 6pmFulbright Academic Grant Information SessionJames Blair Hall, Room 201
Fulbright Academic Grants fund a year of study or research abroad. Come hear Hakan Seyalioglu '07 discuss his Fulbright experience studying Mathematics in Hungary, and get all the information you need to start putting together a competitive application.
- Mar165:30pmCampus Cursive Interest MeetingTyler Hall, Room 134
Come join William & Mary's newest club and write letters to our campus, community, and individuals all over the world! Brighten someone's day with an act of kindness and hear what Campus Cursive is all about.
- Mar166pm - 9pmWomen's Swimming and Diving vs NCAA Championships Thursday FinalsIndianapolis, Ind.
- Mar166pm - 9pmGoogle Code RetreatCohen Career Center
Put your coding skills to the test in this hands-on workshop with a William & Mary alum and Googler.
- Mar166:30pm - 8pmAtlanta - March Happy HourBarcelona Wine Bar, Inman Park | 240 North Highland Ave Northeast
- Mar167pmFaculty Reading on THE EVIL ONETucker Hall, Tucker Theatre, Tucker 127A
THE EVIL ONE is a brand new anthology of short fiction and a love note to the career of Texas cult rocker Roky Erickson, originally of The 13th Floor Elevators. There will be readings from Tom Batten, Hermine Pinson, Andrew Blossom, and Brian Castleberry.
- Mar167pm - 8:30pmCharleston - Third ThursdayAmericano | 819 Coleman Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
- Mar167:30pmAsuncionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Studio TheaterW&M Theatre presents Asuncion written by Jesse Eisenberg.
- Mar168pm - 10pmBelay ClinicStudent Recreation CenterEarn your belay certification in only 2 hours!
- Mar168pm - 11pmAMP / Top O' the Mornin' to BrewSadler Center, Lodge 1
Golden tunes. Talented performers. Festive Decorations. Delicious snacks. All in all, a spectacular Homebrew full of W&M students and music awaits you!
Admission is as always free. The more the merrier in our opinion.
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|