Tuesday, March 21st
- Mar21All day
- Mar212:30pm - 4pmDachuan Liu, Computer Science - Dissertation DefenseWren Building, Room 301
Dachuan Liu, Computer Science - Dissertation Defense
Title: An Investigation of Power Saving and Privacy Protection on Smartphones
Advisor: Dr. Haining Wang /as/graduate/_images/students/dachuan-liu.jpg
- Mar213pm - 6pmMelissa R. Beebe: Physics Dissertation DefenseSmall Hall, Room 122
Melissa Beebe, Final Oral Examination for the Ph.D. Degree, Title: "Highly-Correlated Electron Behavior in Niobium and Niobium Compound Thin Films."
- Mar213:30pm - 5pmCOLL 400 Brown BagSwem Library, Ford Classroom
Join CLA Fellows for a Brown Bag discussion on COLL 400. Refreshments will be provided.
- Mar215:30pm - 8:30pmCollege of William and Mary Baseball at Virginia TechBlacksburg, Va.
- Mar216pm - 7pmSupport GroupBlow Memorial Hall
- Mar216pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: SharksVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabSharks are scary, fascinating, ancient, and diverse fishes, with more than 450 living species. Stop by our lab to learn more about these misunderstood creatures, the dangers they face, and how you can help! Waitlist now open.
- Mar217pm - 8pmBalloon Release for Loved OnesSunken Garden
Please join us in the Sunken Garden as we remember and celebrate those loved ones we have lost or who are facing severe illness challenges.
- Mar217pm - 9pmAMP/Movie Screening: SonitaSadler Center, Tidewater A
"Sonita" is a documentary that follows the story of 18 year old Sonita, a refugee from Afghanistan living in Tehran, who dreams of becoming a famous rapper. Her family, however, intends to sell her as a bride worth $9,000.
- Mar20-Mar23RHA's "Hark Upon the Halls"
Residence Hall Association will be hosting info sessions in each upperclassmen hall from March 20-23. All students interested in living in any of these halls are encouraged to stop by and ask the current residents and RAs any questions they may have.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|