Wednesday, March 22nd
- Mar2212pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/B
Graduate students Zoemma Warshafsky and Dan Crear update the VIMS community on their research.
- Mar2212pm - 1pmA Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (with a Faculty/Staff Focus)Wren Yard, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar2212pm-Mar294pmIntramural Weight Lifting Tournament RegistrationStudent Recreation Center
The intramural weight lifting competition take place in the Student Recreation Center.
- Mar222pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium: Robert Martin (University of Cape Town)Jones Hall, Room 131
Title: Hardy spaces and operator theory in several variables
- Mar223:30pm - 4:30pmNote-Taking WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to enhance students' note-taking skills in and outside the classroom.
- Mar225pm - 6pmThe Career Benefits of Working in Food Service in College: A Panel DiscussionCohen Career Center
Hear from successful young alums who worked in food service while in school tell why working in food service can be invaluable in securing an internship, a full-time job and in developing skills that help throughout your whole career.
- Mar226pm - 9pmCollege of William and Mary Baseball vs VMI, Plumeri Park
- Mar226pm - 9pmMen's Swimming and Diving vs NCAA Championships Wednesday FinalsIndianapolis, Ind.
- Mar227pm - 9pmClimate Connections lecture series at The Science Museum of VirginiaOff-Campus, The Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 West Broad Street Richmond, VA 23220-2057
Climate Connections 2017 five-part lecture series featuring VIMS speakers on March 8, 15, and 22.
- Mar227pm - 9pmMarch JazznessWren Building, Great HallCome enjoy a night of jazz in the Wren Building featuring jazz professors and students. Donations are accepted but the event is entirely free!
- Mar227pm - 9pmTack Faculty Lecture - The Illusion of ControlISC3 (Integrated Science Center), Theatre 1221
Peter Vishton, professor of psychology, will present "The Illusion of Control: Understanding and getting more out of your unconscious mind" on March 22, 2017 in Theatre 1221 of the new ISC3 (Integrated Science Center).
- Mar227pm - 10pmCollege of William and Mary Women's Lacrosse vs LibertyWilliamsburg, Va., Martin Family Stadium at Albert-Daly Field
- Mar20-Mar23RHA's "Hark Upon the Halls"
Residence Hall Association will be hosting info sessions in each upperclassmen hall from March 20-23. All students interested in living in any of these halls are encouraged to stop by and ask the current residents and RAs any questions they may have.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|