Friday, March 24th
- Mar24-Mar25"Big Data, National Security, and the Fourth Amendment"National Center for State Courts - Holton RoomPlease join the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal for its annual symposium. The symposium will feature panels and individual presentations from several prominent legal scholars in the field of data security.
- Mar24-Mar25W&M Challenge Course Facilitator TrainingStudent Recreation Center
Learn the (low) ropes! Join the Campus Recreation Team as a Challenge Course Facilitator!
- Mar24-Mar25Women's Leadership Summit Marketing CompetitionAlan B. Miller Hall
Celebrate International Women's Day with the 2017 Women's Leadership Summit Annual Marketing Competition!
- Mar248am-Mar251:30pm16th Annual Graduate Research SymposiumSadler CenterThe annual Graduate Research Symposium (GRS) is a unique educational and networking event, encouraging exchange between disciplines and bringing together students from William & Mary and regional universities.
- Mar249am - 4pmSOE Graduate Research Symposium - All are welcome!School of Education
Come hear Carol Bobby, CEO for CACREP, and Roxie Patton, Associate Director for the Center for Student Diversity at W&M speak at the symposium this Friday! There will also be break out sessions and poster talks related to social justice. Sign up here!
- Mar2410am - 1pmMen's Swimming and Diving vs NCAA Championships Friday PrelimsIndianapolis, Ind.
- Mar2412pm - 3pm
- Mar242pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium and EXTREEMS-QED Lecture: Toru Kan (Tokyo Institute of Technology)Jones Hall, Room 301Title: On the structure of stationary solutions of bistable reaction-diffusion equations on a dumbbell-shaped domain
- Mar242pm - 3:30pmForced to Flee: The 6th Anniversary of the Syrian Civil WarTyler Hall
No Lost Generation is presenting a lecture given by a member of Save the Children on the effect of the Syrian War on refugee children.
- Mar242pm - 5pm
- Mar242pm - 5pm
- Mar243pm - 4pmChemistry Spring SeminarISC2 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127
Stephen Ammann of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, presents "Palladium(II)/Sulfoxide-Promoted Formation of Oxygenated Heterocycles". Stephen works In Prof. M. Christina White's Research Group.
Refreshments before the Seminar
- Mar243pm - 4pmFulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) Grant Information SessionBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Grants fund a year of teaching abroad in one of over 60 countries.
- Mar243:30pm - 5pmGraduate Research Symposium Professional Development FairSadler Center, Chesapeake C
Getting ready for that next step? The Cohen Career Center and GRS are here to help at the Graduate Research Symposium!
- Mar243:30pm - 5pmPhilosophy Colloquium: Pamela Hieronymi, Professor, Dept. of Philosophy, UCLA, "Reasoning First"James Blair Hall, Room 205
Pamela Hieronymi, Professor of Philosophy, UCLA, will give a colloquium presentation entitled, "Reasoning First." All are welcome!
- Mar244pm - 5pmAn Encore Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Wren Yard, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar244:30pmLaw Student vs Faculty Basketball GameOff-Campus
Come out for the 5th Annual Student-Faculty Basketball Game to see students take on professors in a different kind of court setting
Where: Walsingham Academy
When: Friday, 3/24 at 4:30pm
W&M Law PSF will sell tickets for $5 throughout the week of March 20
- Mar245:30pm - 7:30pmW&M International - A Conversation with Ambassador John BeyrleCarnegie Endowment for International Peace | 1779 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
- Mar245:30pm - 8:30pmTransfer & More Reunion Spring 2017Off-Campus, Brickhouse Tavern
Reunite with current and past Transfer & More Students and Orientation Aides this Friday, March 24th at Brickhouse Tavern (755 Scotland Street Williamsburg, VA 23185) from 5:30-8:30 pm. Free food will be served!
- Mar246pm - 9pmCollege of William and Mary Baseball at UNCWWilmington, N.C.
- Mar246pm - 9pmMen's Swimming and Diving vs NCAA Championships Friday FinalsIndianapolis, Ind.
- Mar246pm-Mar266pmClimb and Camp Elizabeth's FurnaceOff-Campus
Join TAP as we travel to Jefferson National Forest for a day of epic rock climbing and an evening of camping under the stars.
- Mar246:30pm"Alternate Realities" Victor Haskins faculty recitalEwell Hall
An epic evening of intense, improvisation-based, audiovisual performance centered around the themes of deception, oppression, and finding the truth.
- Mar247pm-Mar259pmAMP / Blockbuster: MoonlightSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
AMP is proud to present this year's Oscar winner for Best Picture--Moonlight!
- Mar247:30pmAn Evening of DancePhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallW&M Dance and Orchesis Modern Dance Company present An Evening of Dance.
- Mar248pm - 9pm7th Grade Sketch Comedy presents: Corndog Millionaire!Campus Center, Little Theater
This Friday, $1.00 can grant you all the millions. 7G is having their last show of the year that will include exclusively all-new, original sketches, and we think you should see them
March 24th. Little Theater. 8pm. $1 Admission.
- Mar2212pm-Mar294pmIntramural Weight Lifting Tournament RegistrationStudent Recreation Center
The intramural weight lifting competition take place in the Student Recreation Center.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|