Monday, March 27th
- Mar27All day
- Mar27All day
- Mar2712pm - 1pmBiological Sciences SeminarVIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom
Speakers and topics:
Karrina Nunez - "A high-resolution model for simulating the impact of climate change on tidal marsh habitats"
Miguel Semedo - "Impacts of manure fertilization and antibiotics on greenhouse gas emissions from grasslands"
- Mar271pm - 1:50pmEconomic Crimes and National Security Law in IndiaLaw School, Room 127
Sargam Hans, LL.M. '17, is an attorney licensed to practice in Delhi, India. Sargam will share her experience of dealing with economic crimes and corporate espionage in India on March 27, 2017 (Monday) in room 127 at 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
- Mar271:30pm - 4:30pmHao Shi: Physics Dissertation DefenseSwem Library, Ford Room
Hao Shi, Final Oral Examination for the Ph.D. Degree, Title: Computational Studies of Strongly Correlated Quantum Matter."
- Mar272pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium: Andrew Zimmer (University of Chicago)Jones Hall, Room 131
Title: Metric spaces of non-positive curvature and applications in several complex variables
- Mar272pm - 4pmA Historian's Response: Standoff at Standing RockOff-Campus, Stryker Center near the Williamsburg Public Library, Room 128
Join us for the first of our biannual lecture series at the Stryker Center to hear Professor of History, Andrew Fisher, discuss the crisis at Standing Rock. This event is free and open to the public with a discussion and Q&A to follow.
- Mar274:30pm - 6:30pmGeorgian Papers Programme Open HouseSwem Library, Botetourt Gallery
Join us for the Georgian Papers Programme Open House on Monday, March 27 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in Swem Library’s Botetourt Gallery.
- Mar275pmThe American Studies Program Lecture SeriesTucker Hall, Auditorium
The American Studies Program presents distinguished scholar George Lipsitz (University of California, Santa Barbara). His lecture is on “Truth Forever on the Scaffold, Wrong Forever on the Throne: ..."
- Mar2212pm-Mar294pmIntramural Weight Lifting Tournament RegistrationStudent Recreation Center
The intramural weight lifting competition take place in the Student Recreation Center.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|