Wednesday, March 29th
- Mar299am - 4:45pmK-12 Education Interview DaySchool of Education
Schools and districts from Virginia and beyond will be on campus to interview students and candidates for teaching jobs as well as for some school counselor, school psychologist, and administrator positions.
- Mar2912pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/B
Graduate students Taylor Goelz and Joseph Matt update the VIMS community on their research.
- Mar2912pm - 1pmNational Institutes of Health Information SessionCohen Career Center
Learn about student programs at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the application process, and what makes a competitive applicant.
- Mar2912:50pmJudge Katzmann on The Unmet Legal Needs of the Immigrant PoorLaw School, Room 124
Judge Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will discuss immigrant access to legal representation.
- Mar2912:50pm - 1:50pmMVLS & WLS Present: A Discussion on Sexual Assault in the Military with Lt. NicholLaw School, Room 141
Join the Military and Veterans Law Society and the Women’s Law Society for a conversation with Lt. Nichol about sexual assault in the military. Lt. Nichol will also discuss her experience as a woman in the JAG Corps. Zaxby's will be served for lunch!
- Mar291pm - 7pmBlood DriveTrinkle Hall
The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive on Wednesday, March 29th from 1:00PM-7:00PM in Trinkle Hall.
- Mar292pm - 9pmEDM Club Chipotle Profit Share
Electronic Dance Music Club is teaming up with everyone's favorite Mexican Grill, Chipotle. Come get a drug-free, yet still addicting Burrito and be sure to tell them you're with EDM Club/show them the flyer! 50% of proceeds support the club
- Mar293:30pm - 4:30pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to enhance students' study skills, time-management skills, and active learning skills.
- Mar295pm - 6pmDiscussion on Poverty and the Affordable Care ActSadler Center, James Room
- Mar295:30pm - 6:30pmGraduate Student Association of Arts and Sciences MeetingSadler Center, Colony Room
Monthly Meeting of GSA. Discuss graduate student events, funding opportunities, and concerns.
- Mar296pm - 9pmCollege of William and Mary Baseball vs Old Dominion, Plumeri Park
- Mar297pm - 7:30pmAtwater Lecture Series: Judy SmithPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall
Judy A. Smith, whose career inspired the TV show “Scandal,” will present the 2017 Atwater Lecture at William & Mary’s Phi Beta Kappa Hall on March 29. She is to discuss her work in crisis management and community leadership.
- Mar297pm - 9pmAMP / Marquee Speaker: Judy SmithPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall
Judy Smith, crisis management specialist and the inspiration for the hit show Scandal, will speak about her life and career. Known for representing individuals such as Monica Lewinsky and Michael Vick, Smith has had an extensive and successful career.
- Mar297pm - 9pmBoard Games NightSadler Center, Games Desk Area
Do you like free pizza?? Do you like board games? Do you not care a whole lot about board games but like to hang out with your friends eating free pizza while watching them play board games? Sadler Center Games Desk is hosting an open board games night!
- Mar297pm - 10pmForks Over Knives ScreeningISC2 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127Forks Over Knives (2011) is an American advocacy film that advocates a low-fat, whole-food, plant-based diet as a way to avoid or reverse several chronic diseases. "Here is a film that could save your life." - Roger Ebert
- Mar297:30pm - 8:30pmMaster of Accounting Program Virtual Information Session
Undecided on your career path after graduation or looking to change careers? Join us virtually to learn about the accounting profession, careers in accounting and William & Mary's Master of Accounting Program.
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|