Wednesday, April 12th
- Apr12-Apr13Open Textbook NetworkSwem Library, Ford Classroom
Are you concerned about the impact of high textbook costs on your students? Are you looking for more customizable solutions to your traditional textbook? Join us for an open textbook workshop, review a textbook and receive a $200 stipend for your efforts!
- Apr129am - 10amCrucial Conversations for Instructional FacultySadler Center, Tidewater B
Being able to speak frankly and constructively with our instructional faculty colleagues makes for good relationships and is responsive to the Faculty Handbook's preference that issues be handled, when possible, at a local level.
- Apr1211am - 12:30pmUniversity Teaching Project WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
How Does W&M’s Evaluation of Teaching Work?
Can We Make It Work Better?
Wednesday, April 12th, 11 am to 12:30 pm, Blow 201
- Apr1211am - 1pmSouthern SmashCrim Dell Meadow
Come smash scales (literally) on April 12th!
- Apr1212pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
Graduate students Olivia Phillips and Gail Schwieterman update the VIMS community on their research.
- Apr1212pm - 1:30pm"Transitional Justice and Support for Democracy. Evidence from Post-war West Germany"Tyler Hall, Room 322
Lecture by visiting scholar Giovanni Capoccia, Professor of Comparative Politics in the Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford, where he is a Fellow of Corpus Christi College.
- Apr1212pm - 1:30pmA Porch Talk on the Bray School with Valerie TrovatoSadler Center, Chesapeake C
Lemon Project Porch Talk with free food and refreshments. Please register.
- Apr1212:30pm - 1:30pm100th Anniversary of Women @ W&M Brown Bag DiscussionSadler Center, York Room
What happened in 1918 that caused William & Mary to defy history and enhance its future? Jayne Barnard, Co-chair of the Advisory Committee for the 100th Anniversary Year, will tell that story and discuss key goals for the 100th Anniversary year.
- Apr122pm - 9pmChipotle Fundraiser for the Bosnia ProjectOff-Campus, Chipotle at 143 Richmond Road in Williamsburg
Eat at Chipotle on April 12th between 2:00pm and 9:00pm and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Bosnia Project! Don't forget to tell the cashier you're supporting the Project!
- Apr123:30pm - 4:30pmPrep for Finals WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to teach students how to get ready for finals at William & Mary.
- Apr123:30pm - 6:30pmWilliam & Mary Men's Tennis vs VCUWilliamsburg, Va., Millie West Tennis Facility
- Apr124pm - 6pmWMSURE Managing the Student-Faculty Research RelationshipsSwem Library, Ford Classroom
Join our faculty panel: Professors Elizabeth Harbron, Jamie Settle, and Francis Tanglao-Aguas. Come get ideas on how to maximize your research relationship with your professors. Please register here.
- Apr125pmCampus COLL 300 Presentation: "Inclusion and the University"Sadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Emiko Soltis, Executive Director of Freedom University, and several Freedom University students give the third of three campus COLL 300 presentations scheduled for Spring 2017.
- Apr125pmWe Are HumanSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Inclusion and the University: Conversations with Students from Freedom University
- Apr125pm - 6pmBecoming an EMT - Information PanelCohen Career Center
- Apr125pm - 8pmWilliam & Mary Baseball at Norfolk StateNorfolk, Va.
- Apr126pm - 9pmThe Project on International Peace and Security's Annual Research SymposiumOff-Campus, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, Choate Room; 1779 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington D.C.
Join the PIPS undergraduate research fellows as they present innovative solutions to emerging international security challenges.
- Apr127pm - 8pmMedical Scribing PanelSmall Hall, Room 111
Interested in medical scribing? Come out to our panel featuring W&M students who have gotten involved with scribing at various places during their time here. They will discuss how they got involved and about the experiences they've gained.
- Apr127pm - 9pmAMP & Debate Society/ Talking to THAT Relative: A WorkshopWashington Hall, Room 201
Have that one uncle that you just can't find common ground with at the dinner table? Join AMP & the Debate Society Wednesday, April 12 at 7PM in Washington 201 for a workshop on how to have discourse with the dissenting. Refreshments will be provided!
- Apr127:30pm - 9pmDC Metro - Fairfax County Book ClubKilroy’s Restaurant | 5250-A Port Royal Road, Springfield, VA
- Apr10-Apr14Certificate in Business ManagementAlan B. Miller Hall
The Certificate in Business Managment is a five-day program created to address core functional business areas allowing participants to broaden their professional skills and enhance their career potential.
- Apr10-Apr13Intramural Tennis Singles TournamentCommons Tennis Courts
The intramural tennis singles tournament will begin.
- Apr7-Apr14Non-Majors' ExhibitionAndrews Hall, Andrews Foyer
Please visit the Andrews Common Area/Foyer and see the exhibition of art by students who are non majors within our department and W&M community.
A reception will be held on April 13, 4-6pm.
All are invited.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|