Thursday, April 20th
- Apr20All dayMen's Gymnastics at NCAA PreliminariesWest Point, N.Y.
- Apr20All day
- Apr209am - 3pm2017 Engaged Scholarship SymposiumSwem Library, The Research Room
Thursday, April 20
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SWEM | The Research Room (1st floor)
Featuring the research of Sharpe Community Scholars and other engaged research presentations!
- Apr2011amW&M Earth Week: Intergenerational Painting and Planting
- Apr2012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Sedimentary records of earthquakes and glacial activity in Prince William Sound, Alaska" by Lizzy Clyne, VIMS
- Apr2012pm-Apr2110pmW&M Study in DC Day: Bringing Washington to WilliamsburgSadler Center
Looking for a way to CAPITAL-ize on DC during your time at William & Mary? Learn more as we bring Washington to Williamsburg! Find staff, faculty, and former students all over campus for more information on ways to Study in DC! EVERYTHING IS FREE!
- Apr202pm - 6:30pmHollywood Made in ChinaWashington Hall, Room 201
Dr. Aynne Kokas will discuss how the growth of China’s media market is transforming Hollywood from the inside out. Dr. Kokas will give the same talk twice:
Thursday, April 20, 2017
2:00-3:20pm, Washington Hall 201
5:00-6:20pm, Washington Hall 307
- Apr203pm - 6pmAMP / Smoothie Bike with W&M SustainabilitySadler Center, Terrace
Blend your own smoothie via human-powered bike with AMP Sustainability and W&M Sustainability.
- Apr203pm - 6pmKappa Alpha Theta's Philanthropy: Dunk-A-ThetaOff-Campus, 155 Richmond Road
- Apr203:30pm - 5pmChristina Baker presents: (Re)EnActments of Belonging: Performances of Mexicanidad in Cabaret & FilmWashington Hall, Room 315
This presentation focuses on how the Mexican contemporary cabaret group, Las Reinas Chulas, uses performative means to critique definitions of mexicanidad (or, Mexicanness) proliferated by Mexico’s Golden Age Cinema (1930-1960) and its on-screen idols.
- Apr206pm - 7pmThe Intersections of Poverty and Race with Professor HowardPleasants Hall (Randolph Complex), 2nd Floor
This talk led by Professor Howard will focus on how race and poverty interact and intersect in the United States.
- Apr206pm - 8:30pmAtlanta - April Happy HourMarlow's Tavern in Midtown | 950 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30309
- Apr207pmHOPE Presents: Take Back the NightAndrews Hall, Room 101
Join HOPE and the William & Mary community at Take Back the Night, a night that is dedicated to the support and healing of survivors of sexual assault. The event will feature personal testimonies, poetry, and a candlelight vigil.
- Apr207pm - 8pmSalsa ShowcaseSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Come out to see Salsa Club's Annual Salsa Showcase! Club members will be performing self-choregraphed bachata, merengue, cha cha, and salsa routines. FREE Admission! Bring your friends for a nice evening of Latin dancing.
- Apr207pm - 8:30pmCharleston - Young Alumni Third ThursdayThe Rooftop at Vendue | 19 Vendue Range, Charleston, SC 29401
- Apr207pm - 9pmTake Back the Night: A Faculty/Staff ResponseAndrews Hall, Room 101
Join other members of W&M's faculty and staff as we support students and ourselves on this important evening focused on supporting survivors and preventing future sexual assaults from occurring. This is a two-part event (see within).
- Apr207:30pmBaskervillePhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Main StageW&M Theatre presents Baskerville written by Ken Ludwig.
- Apr208pmCandlelight Concert Series - Gallery Players ConcertBruton Parish Church
The Gallery Players, W&M's conductor-less chamber ensemble, will be presenting concerts including Dvorak Serenade for Strings, Mozart Divertimento in D Major, and Piazzolla's Primavera Porteña.
Admission is free.
- Apr18-Apr25Rewriting Modern Chinese Literature: An Undergraduate ConferenceWashington Hall, Room 302
Undergraduate students present their research on modern Chinese literature and culture.
- Apr17-Apr20Intramural Tennis Doubles TournamentCommons Tennis Courts
The intramural tennis doubles tournament will take place.
- Apr15-Apr22Earth Week 2017!Sadler Center
Join W&M Sustainability in celebrating Earth Week 2017: Sustainability for All!
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|