- Bethany Bradley -- University of MassachusettsWashington Hall, Room 201"Plant invasions & global change, lessons from biogeography"
- Megan Kobiela - Thesis DefenseISC1 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127"Does methylmercury affect risk-taking behaviors in zebra finches? Tradeoffs between eating and being eaten"
- Guest Speaker, Dr. Allen Craig, "Preventing and Treating Infectious Disease on the Front Lines"Small Hall, Room 110The W&M Minor in Public Health is sponsoring a speaker series. The first speaker, Dr. Allen Craig, will be presenting "Preventing and Treating Infectious Disease on the Front Lines: Perspectives from a CDC Epidemiologist" on Thursday, November 8.
- William & Mary Minor in Public Health Speaker SeriesSmall Hall, Room 110Allen Craig, MD, MPH Centers for Disease Prevention and Control Resident Advisor, President's Malaria Initiative, Zambia
- Careers in the Pharmaceutical IndustryCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BLearn about the variety of exciting career opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, both in and out of the lab.
- Investigating Microbial Interactions with Plastic Debris in the Open OceanVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumDr. Tracy Mincer, Assistant Scientist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, discusses his studies of microbial interactions with plastic debris in the open ocean.
- Daniel Thornhill -- Defenders of WildlifeMillington Hall, Room 117"Population genetics and the adaptive radiation of reef coral endosymbionts"
- Green Science CareersCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BThe term "Green" is becoming a part of our everyday language. Learn how you can use your science degree to break into the green industry and make a difference.
- Michelle Beck -- Virginia TechWashington Hall, Room 201"The effects of environmental conditions on social interactions and reproductive output in two species of songbirds"
- Thesis Defense: Dan RamosSadler Center, James Room
- What to do with a Science MajorCohen Career Center, Conference RoomThere are many potential career paths to pursue with a science degree. Learn about your options and how to best prepare to travel your chosen path.
- NOAA's National Marine Sanctuaries: Preserving America's Maritime Heritage ResourcesVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumMaritime Archaeologist John Wagner describes NOAA's National Marine Sanctuaries and their role in preserving America's maritime heritage resources.
- Jonathan McMurry -- Kennesaw State UniversityWashington Hall, Room 201"Regulation of Nitric Oxide Synthase: The Underappreciated Role of MAP Kinases"
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Biology