- Lecture on Black Culture and Japanese Modernism (Keiko Nitta)James Blair Hall, Room 205A public lecture entitled "Black Bottom of Modernity: Racial Imagination in Japanese Modernism" by Prof. Keiko Nitta, Rikkyo University
- Cashing in on Culture: Indigenous Communities and TourismSmall Hall, Room 111Dr. Regina Harrison, Professor of Spanish, Quechua and Comp. Lit. will give a talk titled "Cashing in on Culture: Indigenous Communities and Tourism"
- Lecture - The Sun Is Not So Central: by photographer Michael CherneyAndrews Hall, Room 201Having grown up in New York and now based in Beijing, Michael Cherney, photographer, calligrapher and book artist, combines photography with classical ink painting, viewing present day environment and landscape in China through the lens of art history.
- Chinese Paper-Cut Art ExhibitionSadler Center, Lounge area of the second floorCome and view the New-Realism style paper-cut artworks that integrate traditional Chinese techniques with Western painting.
- Info Session for Potsdam Summer ProgramWashington Hall, Room 315Learn more about the William & Mary summer program in Potsdam, Germany!
- W&M Summer Study Abroad Open HouseSadler Center, Tidewater AJoin the Global Education Office in celebrating International Education Week & the Summer 2014 application launch! Find out about each W&M summer program, speak with former students and learn about scholarship opportunities! Lunch will be provided!
- First-Hand Advice for Studying AbroadSwem LibraryCome meet with advisors from the Global Education Program Office to discuss your Study Abroad options and see what you have been missing!
- The Bellini Colloquium: Rubbish, documentary, psychoanalysis and contemporary ChinaWashington Hall, Room 315This presentation "Rubbish!" is part of a project that engages with fashion, documentary and new media to address rubbish as the repressed underside of Chinese consumer culture in the post-socialist era.
- Chinese Tea CeremonyRowe HouseCome and enjoy the Tea Ceremony at the Confucius Institute!
- Pan-Asian Culture Council Fall Fashion ShowSadler Center, Lodge OneFall Fashion Show Collaboration with several Asian Culture Student Groups: Korean-American Student Assoc., Japanese Culture Assoc., Chinese Student Org., Filipino-American Student Assoc., South-Asian Student Assoc.
- W&M Global Film Festival: Journeys & PassagesOff-Campus, Kimball TheatreOn Friday, Nov. 22, the William & Mary Global Film Festival will launch its 2014 theme, "Journeys and Passages," with a double feature from Chilean director Sebastian Silva and starring Michael Cera.
- The Hopkins-Nanjing Center Information SessionCohen Career Center, Presentation Room
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Global Studies