- Statehood and Secession: The Referendum on CataluLaw School, Room 141Professor Javier Guillen Carames will give a public presentation on Statehood, Succession, the Right to Self-Determination and the Referendum on Cataluna. Sponsored by the Program in Comparative Legal Studies & Post-Conflict Peacebuilding.
- Election Night Watch PartyOff-Campus, Brickhouse Tavern at 755 Scotland StreetThe Election Law Society is hosting an election night watch party for all you politicos out there!
- 60th Annual William & Mary Tax ConferenceNov. 5, W&M Law School; Nov. 6 & 7 Kingsmill ResortThe 60th Annual William & Mary Tax Conference, titled "Sophisticated Tax Planning for Closely Held Businesses," will be held Nov. 5 - 7.
- ISIS and the Islamic State: The Rise of a Security Threat and the American-led ResponseLaw School, Room 127How significant is the ISIS threat? What role does the United States play in addressing that threat? Join the Human Security Law Center for lunch on Nov. 6 to discuss these issues and more with Dr. Daniel Masters.
- Wythe Lecture: Professor Lee EpsteinLaw School, Room 124Professor Lee Epstein of Washington University in Saint Louis will present the Wythe Lecture titled "Why We Should Study and Teach Judicial Behavior" on November 6 at 3:30 PM in Room 124. Free and all are welcome.
- 2014 Alumni Association Board MeetingLaw School, TBDA meeting of the Alumni Association Board will have their Fall meeting in November
- Law Admission Program for W&M Alumni FamiliesLaw School, McGlothlin Courtroom, Law SchoolWilliam & Mary Law School's Admission Office is offering W&M alumni families a program that will provide information and address questions about the law school admission process. The event is scheduled for Saturday morning, November 8, 2014.
- National Peer Educator Certification (2 Days)Blow Memorial Hall, Room 332No matter what health or safety information you wish to share with peers, this nationally recognized certification will improve your efforts. Note: Both days (12-6PM) are required to pass the certification. The $20 fee covers all materials.
- Sexuality and Spirituality - It's a Match Made in Heaven: A Thrive EventAndrews Hall, Room 101Join Al for a conversation about his journey to reconcile the sacred and the spiritual, and how both can contribute to meaningful,interactions and relationships. This event is a part of the Student Assembly Health & Safety Department's Thrive Initiative.
- A Rested Development : A Thrive EventSadler Center, Commonwealth AuditoriumGet the sleep you need for the energy that you value!
- Retaining Copyright for Your PublicationsSwem Library, Open ClassroomJoin Swem Library for a presentation on protecting your copyright. Jim Heller, Professor of Law and Director of the Wolf Law Library, and Paul Hellyer, Reference Librarian at the Wolf Law Library will speak.
- The Immigration Roundtable at W&M - PART III Labor & MigrationLaw School, Room 127Professor Angela Banks and the Immigration Law & Service Society present the third installment of the Immigration Roundtable at W&M. Professor Cindy Hahamovitch of W&M's own History Department will lead a discussion on Labor and Migration.
- BLSA L. Douglas Wilder Speaker Series Presents: Tillman BreckenridgeLaw School, Room 127Professor Tillman Breckenridge, Managing Attorney at W&M's Appellate and Supreme Court Clinic and Counsel at Reed Smith, LLP, will be presenting "Perseverance and Active Citizenship: Doing Your Part to Improve Lives." Free and open to the public.
- EXCEL (Extraordinary Cakes, Extraordinary Living) Series: A Thrive EventBlow Memorial Hall, Room 332Come savor your favorite Extraordinary Cupcake, learn two brief flourishing tips from the Authentic Excellence Initiative from Kelly Crace, and take a 2nd cupcake for the road. Cost of cupcakes: Listening to Kelly for 10 minutes.
- John and Arthur Walker: Soviet Spies in AmericaLaw School, Room 141Judge and former Assistant U.S. Attorney Tommy Miller will speak on the prosecution he led against former Naval Officers stationed in Norfolk who acted as spies for the Soviet Union.
- Popcorn & Pop Culture: Episode 1Campus Center, Room 159The Center for Student Diversity will launch its first Popcorn and Pop Culture: "Celebrities Claiming Racial Identities" directed by Professor Artisia Green. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Lunch Talk with Jeff Ambroziak (Birthplace of 3D Maps of the Universe)Law School, Room 124
- Immigration Law and LGBT RightsLaw School, Room 127Joy Alegria Haynes, of Haynes Novick Immigration, will be speaking about the intersection of immigration law and LGBT rights. The talk will be Monday, November 24th at 12:50pm in Room 127. Lunch will be provided!
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Law School