- Judicial Backlash and Same-Sex Marriage: Lunchtime Talk with Prof. Reva SiegelLaw School, Room 133
Reva Siegel, Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Professor of Law at Yale Law School, will give an informal lunchtime talk entitled "Judicial Backlash and Same-Sex Marriage" on Wednesday, March 1st at 12:50 PM at the Law School in room 133. RSVP now.
- Cutler Lecture: Yale Law School Professor Reva SiegelLaw School, Room 119Professor Reva Siegel of Yale Law School will present the Cutler Lecture titled “On the Basis of Sex” – Analyzing (Pregnancy) Discrimination under Young v. UPS on Wednesday, March 1, at 3:30 PM in room 119. The lecture is free and all are welcome.
- Changing the World: How Today’s Youth are Engaging Globally. Lecture by Shari Villarosa J.D. '79Tucker Hall, 127A
The Reves Center announces that William & Mary Law School Alumna Ambassador Shari Villarosa will deliver the 2017 McSwain-Walker lecture.
- Law Cappella AuditionsLaw School
- Thy Try "Introducing Open Development Cambodia"Law School, Room 141
Join CLSS for a presentation over pizza with Thy Try, director of Open Development Cambodia.
- 2017-2018 Mervis Lecture: The Honorable Pierre N. LevalLaw School, Room 127
The Honorable Pierre N. Leval will deliver the 2017-18 Mervis Lecture on March 14. Admission is free and all are welcome to attend. He is a United States Circuit Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Tom Perriello Meet+Greet, Q&ASadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Come meet Tom Perriello, progressive candidate for Virginia Governor! As one of 2 states with an election this year, the Virginia governor's race a is crucial. Come hear Perriello's platform, ask hard-hitting questions, meet and chat with Perriello.
- LLSA General Interest MeetingLaw School, Room 138
LLSA General Interest Meeting
- Law Cappella Auditions (March 16)Law School
- Making a Living, Making a Difference SymposiumSadler Center
Interested in a career where you can make a living, but also make a difference? Be sure to attend the Making a Living, Making a Difference Symposium. Meet 36 alums, learn about their careers, & get advice for pursuing a similar career. Sign up here.
- Green Fee Proposals Due
Fund your sustainability idea, research, program or initiative! Projects should relate to sustainability environmentally, socially, and/or economically, those featuring the intersectionality of these factors are encouraged.
- The Practice of Health Law, a Conversation with Peter MelletteLaw School, Room 127
Peter Mellette, founding partner of Mellette PC, will share insights from his career as a health care lawyer in Williamsburg. Mellette PC is a law firm that specifically caters to the needs of health care providers.
- The International Student ExperienceReves Center for International Studies
Learn about W&M's international students.
- Joint Journal Competition General Interest MeetingLaw School, Rooms 119 and 120
For everyone interested in joining a journal next year, please come out to the Joint Journal Competition (JJC) General Interest Meeting! We'll be discussing what journal is, your responsibilities, and how to join.
- MLSA and ILS Host: Coffee, Cake, and IslamLaw School, Room 119
Please join MLSA for a special event: we are hosting a group from a local mosque in Richmond who will answer questions about what it means to be Muslim, their experiences as Muslims in America, and topics unique to being a Muslim attorney.
- "Big Data, National Security, and the Fourth Amendment"National Center for State Courts - Holton RoomPlease join the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal for its annual symposium. The symposium will feature panels and individual presentations from several prominent legal scholars in the field of data security.
- 16th Annual Graduate Research SymposiumSadler CenterThe annual Graduate Research Symposium (GRS) is a unique educational and networking event, encouraging exchange between disciplines and bringing together students from William & Mary and regional universities.
- Welcome Meeting for: Muslim Law Students AssociationLaw School, Computer Training Lab in Library Basement
Please join MLSA for our first meeting!
- An Encore Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Wren Yard, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Law Student vs Faculty Basketball GameOff-Campus
Come out for the 5th Annual Student-Faculty Basketball Game to see students take on professors in a different kind of court setting
Where: Walsingham Academy
When: Friday, 3/24 at 4:30pm
W&M Law PSF will sell tickets for $5 throughout the week of March 20
- Public Service Fund General Board ApplicationsLaw School
PSF is accepting applications for the 2017-2019 General Board!
- Judge Katzmann on The Unmet Legal Needs of the Immigrant PoorLaw School, Room 124
Judge Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will discuss immigrant access to legal representation.
- MVLS & WLS Present: A Discussion on Sexual Assault in the Military with Lt. NicholLaw School, Room 141
Join the Military and Veterans Law Society and the Women’s Law Society for a conversation with Lt. Nichol about sexual assault in the military. Lt. Nichol will also discuss her experience as a woman in the JAG Corps. Zaxby's will be served for lunch!
- A Forest Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Student Recreation Center, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- JJC Comment Writing/Bluebooking SessionLaw School, Room 119
Members of the Board of each of the five journals will explain what the "Comment" is and provide general information related to academic citations. This event is not mandatory, but will help you understand more of what is expected during the competition.
- "How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking": Lecture by Professor Mehrsa BaradaranLaw School, Room 133
Professor Mehrsa Baradaran of the University of Georgia School of Law will present a lecture titled "How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking." The event is sponsored by the Center for the Study of Law and Markets. Free and all are welcome.
- Feb2711am-Mar32pmSEALS Cutest Pet ContestLaw School, Lobby
SEALS is now accepting entries for the annual Cutest Pet Contest! To enter send 1) your name, 2) your pet's name, and 3) a photo of your pet to to email@example.com by 02/19. Voting will take place in the law school lobby from 02/27-03/03.
|Calendar View List View Today|