- Jun285pm - 7pmWMSURE Library ResourcesBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Learn how to use Swem Library smarter not harder. WMSURE librarian Natasha McFarland will present an engaging interactive session to ensure that your research is supported by the full resources of the library.
- Jun298:30am - 4pmOrganizing Supply Chain Operations to Counter Risk and Security ThreatsWashington Center, Suite 705
In this one-day small group symposium, we will examine cyber threats in the context of supply chain operations, interweaving IT issues with operating issues to develop insights into countering cyber threats in the current environment.
- Jun297pm - 8pmJune After Hours Lecture - The Nunnally Ichthyology CollectionVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as collections manager Dr. Sarah Huber shares some of the most unusual specimens in the collection, along with preservation techniques.
- Jun3010am - 12pmHan Li, Computer Science - Dissertation DefenseMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 002
Han Li, Computer Science - Dissertation Defense
Title: Data-Driven Radiometric Photo-Linearization Ph.D. Candidate: Han Li
Advisor: Dr. Pieter Peers
- Jun302pm - 4pmDilshan Premathilake, Applied Science - Ph.D. Dissertation DefenseISC3 (Integrated Science Center), Room 0280
Dilshan Premathilake, Applied Science - Ph.D. Dissertation Defense
Title: "Vertically oriented graphene electric double layer capacitors."
Advisor: Dr. Ronald Outlaw
- Jul55pm - 7pmPlanning for Summer - The RemixBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Join us as we take stock of our summer research progress. We’ll make a plan for all that you want to accomplish during the rest of the summer. We’ll also help you schedule in some more fun.Show More...
- Jul57:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Skating By? A coastal elasmobranch and climate changeVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Find out how climate change is affecting our oceans and how a local species is responding to environmental change.
- Jul710:30am - 12pm
- Jul125pm - 7pmLinkedIn & Social MediaBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Kelly O’Shaughnessy (Career Center) will give you information about using social media to promote yourself and your research. This workshop will also provide an introduction to the LinkedIn platform. Bring your laptop so we can get your profile set up.
- Jul181pm - 2pmDefense Seminar - Bianca Santos (M.S.)VIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumThesis Title: "Integrating Empirical Data and Ocean Drift Models to Better Understand Sea Turtle Strandings in Virginia"
- Jul195pm - 7pmPresenting ResearchBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Profs. April Lawrence, Christina Baker, Daniel Parker, and Tom Linneman will give you tips to assist you in preparing posters and talks that present your research.
- Jul265pm - 7pmUnderrepresented Scholars in the AcademyBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Join Profs. Natoya Haskins and Jacqui McLendon for a workshop about the experiences of underrepresented students and faculty in higher education.Show More...
- Jul277pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture - Virginia Game Fish Tagging ProgramVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS Marine Recreational Specialist Susanna Musick shares why this program is important to us all. You’ll also learn the “do’s and don’ts” for handling the fishes you release.
- Jul30-Aug4Institute for Special Education AdvocacyLaw School, TBA
The Institute for Special Education Advocacy is presenting its seventh annual five-day training program hosted by the Law School and co-sponsored by the PELE Special Education Advocacy Clinic and Wrightslaw. Visit the website for more information.
- Aug25pm - 7pmWMSURE End of Summer PresentationsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Join us for end of the summer WMSURE presentations from students and mentors and an end of the summer celebration!
- Aug1110:30am - 12pm
- Aug289am - 5pmMandatory A&S New Graduate Student OrientationSadler CenterALL new/incoming Arts & Sciences graduate students are required to attend both the New Student Orientation (9:30am-noon) and the afternoon training from noon-1:35 pm (up to the start of the breakout sessions specific to Teaching Assts./Fellows).
- Aug2810am - 3pmChinese Placement Exam/Placement AdvisingWashington Hall, Room 316
Incoming students (freshmen and transfer) wishing to continue the study of Chinese are required to take the Chinese placement exam with the Chinese instructors, who will help you determine which class is appropriate for your background and ability.
- Aug311pm - 3pmMeet the GreensCrim Dell Meadow
Kick-off My 1st W&M Weekend with Meet the Greens! Talk to student orgs, committees, professors, offices, departments, and local businesses about research, internships, and projects. Learn more about sustainability at W&M with FREE FOOD, MUSIC, and FUN!
- Sep810:30am - 12pm
- Sep135pm - 6:30pmCampus COLL 300 (IN/EXclusion)- Lazmi Naryan TripathiSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Sep1510am - 11:30amDiversity Networking BrunchCohen Career Center, Full buildingOpen to all students who self-identify as diverse, this brunch and mini-career fair provides an opportunity for employers to interact with students of diverse backgrounds and provide a more intimate setting for networking.
- Sep1512pm - 4pmFall Career & Internship FairSadler Center, Tidewater, Chesapeake
Looking for a job or internship? Meet employers at the annual Fall Career & Internship Fair put on by the Cohen Career Center.
- Sep155pm-Sep163pmSupreme Court PreviewLaw School, Room 119
The Institute of Bill of Rights Law will host the 2017 Supreme Court Preview on September 15-16, 2017 at the William & Mary Law School.Show More...
- Oct96pm - 7:30pmRaft Debate - A W&M TraditionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallDescribed as a "delicate balance of comedy and lecture," the annual Raft Debate features four W&M faculty members from diverse disciplines, stranded on a desolate island with only a one-person life raft for escape to civilization.All events in October 2017
- Jun12-Jul28Schroeder Center - Brock Institute (SC-BI) Summer Fellowship ProgramTyler Hall, Room 433
|Calendar View List View Today|