- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug2911am - 1pmBike to Panera with the Bike Initiative!Sadler Center, TerraceDid you know you can get around Williamsburg solely by bike? Ride to New Town & Monticello Marketplace (with a stop at Panera!) with the Bike Initiative, W&M's Bike Advocacy Group! The pace will be slow and the distance short. Meet on the Terrace at 11.
- Sep511am - 3pmBike Initiative Ride to Chickahominy Riverfront ParkSadler Center, TerraceCome ride with the Bike Initiative and Campus Rec to Chickahominy Riverfront Park for food, games and friends! This is a slow, 25 mile ride--perfect for novices (really!). Helmets required. Need a bike? Contact us in time and we'll get you a loaner.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Environmental Science and Policy