- Mar65pmGreen Fee Proposals DueTBD, online submissionIf you want to see your sustainability project funded, submit a proposal!
- Mar2112pm - 4:30pmGroup Ride to Charles City Courthouse GrilleSadler Center, TerraceJoin us for a leisurely 30 mile ride down the flat Capital Trail to Charles City Courthouse Grille, one of the finest restaurants of the Tidewater area. We'll meet at the Sadler Terrace and drive out to Chickahominy Riverfront park.
- Mar267pmMarch After Hours Lecture: Beautiful swimmers: blue crabs in Chesapeake BayVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS Professor Rom Lipcius as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary celebration with a look at the history and future of blue crabs in Chesapeake Bay.
- Apr1312pm-Apr1812pmEarth Week!Sadler Center, All over CampusThe Bicycle Initiative joins the Committee on Sustainability for Earth Week 2015 with a week of events, including a speaker, ride to a sustainable farm, and more. Come join us! A detailed calendar for Earth Week will be released closer to the date.
- Apr148pm-Apr165pm2015 Energy and Sustainability ConferenceOff-CampusA regional conference held in Richmond that brings together leaders in the green business, tech, and many other fields to network and explore!Show More...
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May211am - 2pmPedal the ParkwaySadler Center, TerraceCome ride down the car-free Colonial Parkway with the Bicycle Initiative! Ride is approximately 26 miles long, and is at a leisurely pace. Riders of all stripes and levels are encouraged to come.
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.All events in October 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Environmental Science and Policy