- Apr212pm - 7pm2015 Undergraduate Science Research SymposiumSadler Center, James and York rooms and Tidewaters A&BThis event is an opportunity for undergraduates students in the sciences to share their research.
- Apr225pm - 6:30pmEARTH DAY: Sea Level Rise PanelOff-Campus, Williamsburg Community BuildingJoin the Committee on Sustainability and our local partners for an educational and open panel discussion on sea level rise with professionals from VIMS, NPS, & NASA! Free food and exhibits.
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May211am - 2pmPedal the ParkwaySadler Center, TerraceCome ride down the car-free Colonial Parkway with the Bicycle Initiative! Ride is approximately 26 miles long, and is at a leisurely pace. Riders of all stripes and levels are encouraged to come.
- May68:30am - 8:40pmFirst Joint VIMS and William & Mary Postdoctoral Research SymposiumVIMS - Watermen's HallJoin us for the first joint VIMS and William & Mary postdoctoral research symposium, showcasing the exciting work of our postdocs. All are welcome to attend. Please register for this event by April 22.Show More...
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.All events in October 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Environmental Science and Policy