10th Annual iREP Africa Weekend: Dining & Dialogue
Dining & Dialogue is the kick off event to the iREP Africa Weekend! There will be a FREE dinner as well as a lecture by a guest speaker, aligned with our theme of the year "sankofa," meaning to "remember your roots." More...
- Oct9All dayOffice of Academic AdvisingSwem LibraryAcademic Advising on First Floor of Swem Library in Room 169
- Oct9-Oct13Fall Break Backpacking in the SmokiesStudent Recreation CenterDe-stress over Fall Break by trekking through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! No experience is required, however, you will be carrying your own gear over challenging terrain, so participants should have good physical fitness.
- Oct9-Oct13Fall Break Climbing with the Tribe Adventure ProgramStudent Recreation CenterLet's go to the New River Gorge in West Virginia to get in some great climbing! Camping at American Alpine Club campground at night and climbing during the day. If you're looking for an adventure filled Fall Break, this trip's for you!
- Oct9-Dec4Study Abroad Advising in Swem LibrarySwem LibraryPeer advisors from the Reves Center are in Swem Library
- Show More...
- Oct125am-Oct1311:59pmFlat Hat Media Day 2015Off-Campus, Washington D.C.Interested in journalism and communications? Want to make the most of Fall Break? Join us for The Flat Hat's second annual Media Day. Tour prominent D.C. publications and network with alumni working in media.
- Oct138:30am - 9:30amTED Talk TuesdaySwem Library, Cox Media RoomLeaders inspire others in many ways. Come learn about "Everyday Leadership" in a funny and inspiring talk by Drew Dudley. Steve Cole will facilitate our discussion.
- Oct143:30pm - 5:30pmMedia in Practice: Student ShowcaseBlow Memorial Hall, #332Come and listen to past and current students as they share their internship/job experiences in the film/media industry. Listen to the available opportunities to you and network with fellow students! Everyone is welcome!
- Oct146pm - 7:30pmHigher Education SalonSchool of Education, Holly RoomA conversation about contemporary issues in Higher Education hosted by the Higher Education faculty at the School of Education.
- Show More...
- Oct147pm - 9pmQueer Climates on Campus: An LGBTQ Discussion PanelSadler Center, Tidewater AAn LGBTQ discussion panel between students and professors, talking about the atmosphere of inclusion on campus, with an emphasis on tips and strategies to cope with discrimination and how to get more involved with activism.
- Oct1512pm - 1:30pmRape Culture 101: Perspectives for Faculty and StaffSadler Center, Chesapeake A&BThis workshop (Bring Your Own Lunch!) focuses on terms, definitions, examples, what is happening on colleges around the country as well as the work done here at W&M, and how faculty and staff can be involved in such work.
- Oct153pm - 4pmStudent Advocacy Training: For Gender Violence ReductionSadler Center, CommonwealthIncrease your effectiveness as a student advocate to reduce gender violence and meet like-minded peers in this exciting workshop presented by Dr. Stephanie Gilmore. This workshop is for students only (undergraduate, graduate or exchange).
- Oct154:30pm - 6pmGil Hochberg, The Right to Look: On the Visual Politics of the Israeli Occupation of PalestineMorton Hall, Room 220Prof. Hochberg will discuss her new book *Visual Occupations" (Duke), which discusses how controlling what can be seen and should be unseen, or "the rights to visuality," is a crucial means by which Israel is able to maintain its occupation of West Bank.
- Oct155pm - 6pmAdvice for Planning Your Spring Semester ClassesSwem Library, First Floor Research AreaPresentation by Academic Advising to provide assistance and insight into planning classes for the spring semester.
- Oct157:30pm - 9:15pmMedia Analysis: What Role Do the Media Play in Promoting and Combating Gender ViolenceSwem Library, Ford Media Classroom (Basement)In this workshop facilitated by Dr. Stephanie Gilmore, see and hear examples of how the media create or even disarm a rape culture. By the end of the workshop, participants will have created a relationship-positive Spotify song list!
- Oct16-Oct18Fall Foliage Bike TourStudent Recreation CenterEnjoy the scenic heart of Virginia's Shenandoah Valley as you join us for the 25th annual Fall Foliage Bike Festival. The Fall Foliage Bike Festival offers a full weekend of riding, sightseeing and warm Virginia hospitality.
- Oct163pm - 6pmDay for Prospective StudentsSchool of Education, Matoaka WoodsThinking of Graduate School? Then experience William & Mary. Visit the campus, meet faculty, current students and alumni. Discover why you should pursue your graduate degree with us.All events in October 2015
- Oct67pm-Oct252pmHerCampus at William & Mary: Breast Cancer and Domestic Violence Awareness MonthSadler Center, Sadler CenterJoin the ladies of HerCampus @ W&M during the month of October for fun activities, each in support and remembrance of those affected by Domestic Violence and Breast Cancer. The month's activities are themed around empowerment, fitness and uniting as one.
- Oct2-Dec4Relaxation Sessions - Reservation RequiredBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
- Oct111am-Oct221pmWMCI Presents: Chinese CookingOff-Campus, Baptist Campus Ministry House, 244 S. Boundary StreetLearn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine! Classes occur Thursdays, 11am-1pm, from October 1st to 22nd.
- Sep175:15pm-Dec311:59pmADD/ADHA Support Group Meets Every ThursdayBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240ADD/ADHA Support Group is an opportunity to meet with other students to discuss the challenges and emotions associated with living with ADD/ADHD.
- Aug267pm-Dec28:30pmCru Weekly MeetingJames Blair Hall, Room 205Interested in getting involved in a Christian ministry? Wanting to solidify your beliefs as separate from your parents'? Seeking answers? Have questions? Join us Wednesday nights in James Blair 205 at 7pm for Cru. Small groups meet throughout the week.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|