- Sep65:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake BLearn to reduce physical pain and relieve stress through the ancient Chinese martial art of taiji from an experienced master.
- Sep125:10pmBeginner Chinese Level IRowe House, Room 101Learn the basics of Mandarin grammar and syntax with the goal of conducting simple conversations.
- Sep125:10pm - 6:10pmHulusi WorkshopRowe House, Room 101Learn to play the hulusi, an ancient folk instrument from southern China that is easy to learn and beautiful to listen to.
- Sep126:10pmPipa WorkshopRowe House, Room 101Learn to play the pipa, a Chinese lute-like instrument, from a master pipa player.
- Sep223:30pm - 5pmI Ching LectureReves Hall, Reves RoomProfessor Zhen Liu will discuss I Ching philosophy from 3:30pm-5:00pm in the Reves Room, on the first floor of the Reves Center. This event is free and open to the public!
- Oct611am - 1pmChinese Cooking ClassBaptist Collegiate Ministry, 244 S. Boundary Street, Williamsburg, VALearn to cook delicious and authentic Chinese cuisine! Dr. Ed McMahon has been teaching traditional Chinese cooking for over 20 years and has earned a certificate from a Chinese culinary institute.Show More...
- Oct175:10pm-Nov26:10pmChinese Board GamesRowe House, Room 101Learn to play traditional Chinese board games such as Chinese Chess, Mahjong, and more!
- Nov32pm - 3:20pmRobert Hegel, "Journeys to the West: The Many Adventures of China's Monkey King"Sadler Center, Chesapeake CGuest lecture on Monkey King and its transformation in fiction, theater, various media and religious belief in the past 1500 years.All events in November 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Global Studies