- Mar123pm - 4pmThe Dalai Lama in Retirement: Prospects for Tibet in the 21st Century?Reves Center for International Studies, Reves Room
- Mar123pm - 4pmThe Dalai Lama in Retirement: Prospects for Tibet in the 21st Century?Reves Center for International Studies, Reves RoomReves Hall Global lecture by Kevin Vose, Walter G. Mason Associate Professor of Religious Studies.
- Mar125pm - 6pmVoices of "Tradition": Examining the Socio-Political Role of Women's Music in Gujarat, IndiaTucker Hall, 127AThis lecture on Indian music is based on recent research by ethnomusicologist Niyati Dhokai.
- Mar1312:50pm - 1:50pm"Islam in the Iraq Constitution"Law School, Room 141Haider Ala Hamoudi, Associate Professor of Law at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, is the 2014 Kraemer Scholar-in-Residence.
- Mar133:30pmSeventh Annual Schmidt LectureBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201The Sociology Department's Schmidt Lecture on Technology and Society: Competing Visions of the Internet and Why They Matter. This year's speaker is Stephanie Ricker Schulte. Thursday, March 13th at 3:30pm in Blow Hall 201.Show More...
- Mar135pm"Nationalism and the Myth of Turkic-Muslim Unity in Central Asia"Tucker Hall, 127aProfessor Russel Zanca (Northeastern Illinois University)
- Mar135pmNationalism and the Myth of Turkic-Muslim Unity in Central Asia talk by Russell ZancaTucker Hall, 127AThe presentation assesses what it means to speak of successes and failures according to both Central Asian and international standards and norms, and questions whether citizens are motivated or mobilized by nationalist conceptions of Turkic-Muslim unity.
- Mar143:30pm - 5pm"Understanding the Sunni-Shi'a Split: From Theology to Law"Andrews Hall, Room 101Haider Ala Hamoudi, Associate Professor of Law at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, is the 2014 Kraemer Scholar-in-Residence.
- Mar17All day
- Mar192pmThe World Bank: Post-Neoliberalism?Sadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Mar207pmW&M alum Elizabeth Winder, a poet and biographer and Catherine Bowman to SpeakTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre 127AWilliam & Mary alum Elizabeth Winder, a poet and biographer, will join former Writer-in-Residence Catherine Bowman in a program focusing on Sylvia Plath.
- Mar217pmChinese Traditional Music ConcertEwell Hall, Recital HallWilliam & Mary Confucius Institute presents its first concert of Chinese traditional and folk music in Ewell Recital Hall at 7 pm on Friday, March 21st.
- Mar24All day
- Mar2510:30am - 12pmGreat Decisions in Foreign Affairs: China & Foreign AidOff-Campus, Williamsburg Regional Library TheaterIR Scholar Austin Strange & AidData Director Brad Parks will present on China Aid to Africa.
- Mar283pm - 5pmChinese Speech ContestWashington Hall, Room 201Show More...
- Mar285:30pm - 6:30pm"Putinism's Challenge to Democracy"Andrews Hall, Room 101
- Mar303pm - 4pm"Soft Vengeance of a Freedom Fighter"Hennage Auditorium - Colonial WilliamsburgJoin us for a talk by the Honorable Albie Sachs, Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa (retired).
- Mar3112:50pm - 1:50pm"Working with Mandela: The Constitutional Process in Post-Apartheid South Africa"Law School, Room 141Join us for a talk by The Honorable Albie Sachs, Justice of the Constitutional Court of South Africa (retired).
- Apr112:01am - 5pmCall for Summer 2015 W&M Study Abroad Program DirectorsApply onlineApplications are now open for Summer 2015 W&M Study Abroad Program Directors. Deadline is 4/1/2014.
- Apr411am - 12pm"Calabar Reconsidered: Archaeology and the Art of Nsibidi in Central Africa"Andrews Hall, Room 1012014 Africana-Mellon Distinguished Lecturers
- Apr7All day
- Apr107pmClaudia Emerson, 2006 Pulitzer Prize Winner, to SpeakTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre 127AClaudia Emerson, who received the 2006 Pulitzer Prize in Poetry for her book Late Wife: Poems (LSU Press, 2005) will read from her work.
- Apr142pmThe Global South's New Developmental Tigers?Tucker Hall, 127A
- Apr15All dayGates Scholarship for Study Abroad Application DeadlineMerit-based scholarship for International Relations and Global Studies majors interested in studying abroad in Fall 2014 and Academic Year 2014-2015.All events in April 2014
- Mar10-Mar28Keio/W&M Cross-Cultural Collaborations Program: Peer Assistant Deadline 3/28Apply onlineApply to become a Peer Assistant (August 4-19, 2014 in Williamsburg and DC) and work with 40 students from Keio University in Japan.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Global Studies