- Feb196pm - 8pmLantern FestivalPreston Hall (Randolph Complex), Chinese HouseCelebrate the traditional Lantern Festival at the end of the two-week-long Chinese New Year in Chinese House! Come make and eat delicious dessert dumplings known as tangyuan, and test your intellect with fun Chinese riddles!
- Mar14-Apr4PipaRowe HouseThe William & Mary Confucius Institute presents a class on the ancient Chinese instrument--Pipa, which is similar to a gourd flute. All skill levels welcome!
- Mar15-Apr7An Introduction to China's World Heritage SitesRowe HouseWilliam & Mary Confucius Institute presents a course on China's World heritage Sites. Students will explore cultural, historical and geographic elements of China using photos and research. Government will also be discussed.
- Mar17-Apr7Chinese Cooking ClassRowe HouseTaught by local Chef Ed McMahon, the WMCI Chinese Cooking classes are an excellent way to experience Chinese culture. The class will teach students how to prepare various authentic Chinese foods.
- Mar173:30pm - 5pmLecture by Loubna El AmineReves Center for International Studies, Reves RoomShow More...
- Mar313:30pm - 5pmChinese Language CompetitionTucker Hall, Room 127
- Apr101pm - 5pmWorld Taiji and Qigong DaySadler CenterEvery April, millions of people around the world gather to celebrate World Taiji and Qigong Day. Celebrate with WMCI this year!
- Apr114pm - 5:30pmWhat Love Has Got to Do with Politics: Passion and Love in Chinese FilmBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201Stanford Professor Ban Wang comes to campus to host this lecture about cultural views of romance in China.All events in April 2016
- Feb3-Feb29Chinese Level IRowe HouseWMCI Community Class. Open to All Skill Levels!
- Feb2-Apr12Taiji WorkshopSadler Center, Chesapeake BWMCI community-favorite Beginner Yang Style Taiji Workshop. Learn the ancient Chinese technique meant for exercise and meditation.
- Feb2-Feb25Chinese CalligraphyRowe HouseWilliam & Mary Confucius Institute presents a community course on the ancient art of Chinese calligraphy. All skill levels welcome!
- Feb2-Feb25An Introduction to Chinese FestivalsRowe HouseA William & Mary Confucius Institute community course. Learn about various traditional Chinese festivals while partaking in customary ceremonies and reading about traditional cusines.
- Feb1-Apr6Chinese Painting I + IIRowe HouseWilliam & Mary community course. Join the staff of the WMCI for two courses on Chinese painting! All skill levels welcome.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Global Studies