- Jul291:30pm - 4:30pmActivity Days in VIMS' Visitor CenterVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Visitor's Center/LobbyJoin us every Wednesday this summer for VIMS Activity Days!
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Jul3110:30am - 12pm
- Aug710am - 12:30pm
- Aug810am - 11:30amInside to SeasideVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Visitor's Center/LobbyJoin us for this fun and educational summer program at VIMS!Show More...
- Aug1110am - 11:30amInside to SeasideVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Visitor's Center/LobbyJoin us for this fun and educational summer program at VIMS!
- Aug1410am - 12:30pm
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug2810am - 12:30pm
- Sep1110:30am - 12pm
- Sep156pm - 8pmSeptember Discovery Lab-EchinodermsVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin Dr. Jonathan Allen and the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the September Discovery Lab!
- Sep1810:30am - 12pm
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct39am - 12pmTaskinas Creek Canoe TripYork River State ParkJoin Virginia Institute of Marine Science guides on a canoe trip exploring Taskinas Creek at York River State Park.
- Oct168pm - 10pmTeen Beach NightVIMS - Watermen's HallBring a flashlight and join us for a fun night exploring the shallows.Show More...
- Oct206pm - 8pmOctober Discovery Lab-Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the October Discovery Lab!
- Oct238pm - 10pmBeach NightVIMS - Watermen's HallBeach Night gives adults a chance to be kids again.
- Oct2410am - 11:30amTeeth, Tentacles, and TailsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, LobbyJoin us for this fun and educational event offered during the Virginia Science Festival!
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.All events in October 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science