- Sep2911:30am - 6pmMermaid Cup Golf Tournament POSTPONEDOff-Campus, Kiln Creek Golf Club, 1003 Brick Kiln Blvd., Newport News, VA 23602
Get your team together and join us at Kiln Creek for the Peninsula AGC/ VIMS 2nd annual Mermaid Cup golf tournament. Have a fun day and "Play for the Bay"--proceeds benefit the VIMS Foundation. Postponed due to weather. Event will be rescheduled.
- Sep2912pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326“Novel Pathways to Dinitrogen Via Metal-Mediated Ammonium Oxidation" by Julie Krask, VIMS
- Sep297pm - 8pmSeptember After Hours Lecture - Harmful Algal BloomsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS professor Kim Reece discusses harmful algal blooms, otherwise known as "red tides," that are of growing concern in coastal waters worldwide, including Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep3010:30am - 12pmVIMS Public TourVIMS - Watermen's HallReserve a space for our weekly public tours to learn more about VIMS!
- Oct612pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA by Candice Piercy, USACE Engineer Research and Development Center
- Oct186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science.Show More...
- Oct2012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Particle Size, Optics, Organics, and Settling Velocity in York River Surface Waters” by Kelsey Fall, VIMS and "Differentiation of Suspended Flocs and Resilient Pellets of Similar Size Using a Particle Image Camera System” by Grace Massey, VIMS
- Oct277pm - 8pmOctober After Hours Lecture - EelsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mary Fabrizio as she describes efforts to study juvenile eels in light of recent declines in landings of adult American eels along the Atlantic coast.
- Nov1712pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA by Alison O'Connor, VIMS
- Dec112pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"The Effect of Resuspension and Deposition on Biogeochemical Cycles in the Northern Gulf of Mexico: Numerical Modeling Results" by Julia Moriarty, VIMS and “Burial of Objects on Sandy Beds by Wave- and Current-Induced Scour” by Carl Friedrichs, VIMSAll events in December 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science