- Aug257pm - 8pmAugust After Hours Lecture - Climate, coral reefs and resilienceVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS alumna Britt Parker, climate coordinator with NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program, explores how climate change and ocean acidification threaten coral reefs worldwide.
- Aug2610:30am - 12pm
- Aug3110:30am - 12pm
- Sep210:30am - 12pm
- Sep77:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Antarctic organisms can acclimate to rapid climate changeVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)
Dr. Suckling will discuss the uniqueness of the Antarctic marine environment and provide a background into how organisms are adapted well to this cold water environment in relation to warmer regions of the globe.
- Sep910:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Sep1610:30am - 12pm
- Sep2310:30am - 12pm
- Sep2412pm - 4pmVIMS Eastern Shore Lab Marine Life DayVIMS - Seawater Facility (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Join us for a fun and educational day learning about marine life found on Virginia's Eastern Shore and beyond at VIMS' Eastern Shore Laboratory in Wachapreague!
- Sep297pm - 8pmSeptember After Hours Lecture - Harmful Algal BloomsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS professor Kim Reece discusses harmful algal blooms, otherwise known as "red tides," that are of growing concern in coastal waters worldwide, including Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep3010:30am - 12pm
- Oct186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science.Show More...
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science