- Jun297pm - 8pmJune After Hours Lecture - The Nunnally Ichthyology CollectionVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as collections manager Dr. Sarah Huber shares some of the most unusual specimens in the collection, along with preservation techniques.
- Jul57:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Skating By? A coastal elasmobranch and climate changeVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Find out how climate change is affecting our oceans and how a local species is responding to environmental change.
- Jul710:30am - 12pm
- Jul186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sport FishingVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Willy Goldsmith will explain how he tracks & monitors survival rates of open-ocean fishes such as tunas & billfishes after catch-and-release fishing + what his findings mean for recreational fisheries. Click the title for more info.
- Jul277pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture - Virginia Game Fish Tagging ProgramVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS Marine Recreational Specialist Susanna Musick shares why this program is important to us all. You’ll also learn the “do’s and don’ts” for handling the fishes you release.
- Aug1110:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Aug226pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)VIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Sarah Pease will discuss the HABs that occur in Chesapeake Bay during summer, and how these blooms impact humans and the environment. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Sep810:30am - 12pm
- Oct176pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science. Registration Required. Click event title for more information.All events in October 2017
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science