- Apr216pm - 8pmApril Discovery Lab-Climate ChangeVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin Molly Mitchell of the Center for Coastal Resources Management and the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the April Discovery Lab!
- Apr2312pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Selected Early Research Results From the 2010 Gulf Oil Spill: Intuitive Outcomes, Surprises, Unresolved Issues and Advice for Researchers During Disaster Response" by John Harding, Northern Gulf Institute, hosted by Carl Friedrichs
- Apr3012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Sedimentation in Hinchinbrook Entrance, Alaska, USA: Correlations with Wave Energy on the Gulf of Alaska Continental Shelf" by Nicole Marshall, VIMS
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May13pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Jonathan GrabowskiVIMS - Andrews Hall, Andrews Hall 326Dr. Jonathan Grabowski Associate Professor, College of Science Northeastern UniversityShow More...
- May62pmScience Under Sail: Drifters and JelliesOff-Campus, Embarks from Yorktown WaterfrontJoin VIMS graduate students Brandon Conroy and Josh Stone as they collect zooplankton and discuss the wonderful variety of Bay "drifters" and the important role these creatures play in marine ecology and food webs.
- May132pm - 4pmScience Under Sail: Trash TalkOff-Campus, Embarks from Yorktown WaterfrontJoin VIMS researcher Dave Stanhope as he discusses marine debris, from lost crab pots to plastic microbeads, and learn how scientists are working toward practical solutions.
- May202pm - 4pmScience Under Sail: Fishes near and farOff-Campus, Embarks from Yorktown WaterfrontJoin VIMS graduate student Mark Stratton as he casts a net to see what's swimming beneath the Alliance. Learn how fish are preserved and catalogued as you participate in a "show and tell" of preserved fishes from places near and far.
- May272pm - 4pmScience Under Sail: Shifting SandsOff-Campus, Embarks from Yorktown WaterfrontJoin Dr. Grace Cartwright of the Virginia Institute of Marine Science as she explains how sand, silt, and rocks move around our rivers and oceans. You'll also get an up-close look at scientific tools used for this research.
- May3010am - 3pmMarine Science DayVIMS - Watermen's HallVIMS' annual open house is a fun-filled event for the whole family.
- Jun1210:30am - 12pm
- Jun166pm - 8pmJune Discovery Lab-ShipwrecksVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin Shannon Ricles of NOAA's Monitor National Marine Sanctuary and the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the June Discovery Lab!
- Jun1910:30am - 12pm
- Jun257pmJune After Hours Lecture: Filming the Giant SquidVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Edith Widder, leader of the first expedition to film the giant squid Architeuthis, as she describes her unique approach to capturing live footage of this elusive deep-sea predator.
- Jun2610:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Jul910:30am - 12pm
- Jul1010:30am - 12pm
- Jul1410:30am - 12pm
- Jul146pm - 8pmJuly Discovery Lab-Marine DebrisVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin VIMS Professor Rob Hale and the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the July Discovery Lab!
- Jul1710:30am - 12pm
- Jul2210:30am - 12pm
- Jul2410:30am - 12pm
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug710am - 12:30pm
- Aug1410am - 12:30pmAll events in August 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science