- Aug3110:30am - 12pm
- Sep210:30am - 12pm
- Sep77:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Antarctic organisms can acclimate to rapid climate changeVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)
Dr. Suckling will discuss the uniqueness of the Antarctic marine environment and provide a background into how organisms are adapted well to this cold water environment in relation to warmer regions of the globe.
- Sep910:30am - 12pm
- Sep1610:30am - 12pm
- Sep2310:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Sep2412pm - 4pmVIMS Eastern Shore Lab Marine Life DayVIMS - Seawater Facility (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Join us for a fun and educational day learning about marine life found on Virginia's Eastern Shore and beyond at VIMS' Eastern Shore Laboratory in Wachapreague!
- Sep297pm - 8pmSeptember After Hours Lecture - Harmful Algal BloomsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS professor Kim Reece discusses harmful algal blooms, otherwise known as "red tides," that are of growing concern in coastal waters worldwide, including Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep3010:30am - 12pm
- Oct186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science.
- Oct277pm - 8pmOctober After Hours Lecture - EelsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mary Fabrizio as she describes efforts to study juvenile eels in light of recent declines in landings of adult American eels along the Atlantic coast.All events in October 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science