- Mar2912:50pmJudge Katzmann on The Unmet Legal Needs of the Immigrant PoorLaw School, Room 124
Judge Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will discuss immigrant access to legal representation.
- Mar2912:50pm - 1:50pmMVLS & WLS Present: A Discussion on Sexual Assault in the Military with Lt. NicholLaw School, Room 141
Join the Military and Veterans Law Society and the Women’s Law Society for a conversation with Lt. Nichol about sexual assault in the military. Lt. Nichol will also discuss her experience as a woman in the JAG Corps. Zaxby's will be served for lunch!
- Mar294pm - 5pmA Forest Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Student Recreation Center, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar3012:50pm - 1:50pmJJC Comment Writing/Bluebooking SessionLaw School, Room 119
Members of the Board of each of the five journals will explain what the "Comment" is and provide general information related to academic citations. This event is not mandatory, but will help you understand more of what is expected during the competition.
- Mar3112:50pm - 1:50pm"How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking": Lecture by Professor Mehrsa BaradaranLaw School, Room 133
Professor Mehrsa Baradaran of the University of Georgia School of Law will present a lecture titled "How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking." The event is sponsored by the Center for the Study of Law and Markets. Free and all are welcome.
- Apr1-Apr2Virginia Law Related Education Institute Mock Trial CompetitionLaw School, Lobby & McGlothlin Courtroom
This weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, April 1 & 2, the Center for Legal and Court Technology (CLCT) will host mock trial teams from Virginia high schools in a tournament sponsored by the Virginia Law Related Education Institute.Show More...
- Apr110am - 12pmAli's Run 5K Run/WalkLaw School, Lobby
The 13th Annual Ali's 5K Run/Walk sponsored by the Bone Marrow Drive organization at William & Mary Law School. This race is in memory of Ali Kaplan to benefit the national bone marrow donor program through Be the Match Foundation's bone marrow registry.
- Apr412:50pmUS Trade Policies: Where We've Been, Where We Are Going and How To Get Back On TrackLaw School, RM 127
Human Security Law Center invites you to join us for former U.S. Ambassador to Belize, Vinai Thummalapally's talk on US Trade Policies: Where We've Been, Where We Are Going and How to Get Back On Track. Pizza will be served.
- Apr512pm - 1pmSecond Spring 2017 eLearning Workshop - "Beyond Blackboard"Swem Library, Ford ClassroomBeyond Blackboard: Expanding Your Web-Based Teaching, Strategies, and Tools
- Apr69:30am - 10:30amSecond Spring 2017 eLearning Workshop - "Beyond Blackboard"Swem Library, Ford Classroom"Beyond Blackboard": Expanding Your Web-Based Teaching, Strategies, and Tools
- Apr612:50pm - 1:50pmWLS and Skadden Present: Career Advice from Women in PracticeLaw School
Join WLS and a panel of female attorneys from Skadden’s DC office for a discussion of different career paths and what it is like to be a woman in the legal profession. Baker’s Crust will be served for Lunch!
- Apr612:50pm - 2pmData Privacy and Cybersecurity Talk with Jay Sinha '12Law School, Room 124
Jay Sinha '12, Senior Privacy Consultant at Booz Allen Hamilton, will be speaking during the lunch hour to talk about his career in privacy and cybersecurity law and the future of the profession. His presentation will be in Room 124 at 12:50 on 4/6.Show More...
- Apr78:30am - 5pmThe Past, Present and Future of the Middle East: The James A. Bill Memorial ConferenceSchool of Education, Dogwood Room
The James A. Bill Memorial Conference honors the Reves Center's Founding Director and brings renowned scholars and experts from the fields of international relations, diplomacy, journalism and history to share insights and perspective on the Middle East.
- Apr79am - 3:30pmConference: "Morality, Markets, and Contract Law"Law School, Room 127
The Center for the Study of Law and Markets will host its first conference on April 7 titled "Morality, Markets, and Contract Law."
- Apr89:30amBLSA's Annual Oliver Hill Scholarship BrunchOff-Campus
The W.C. Jefferson Black Law Students Association at William & Mary is excited to announce our 22nd Annual Oliver Hill Scholarship Brunch. This year's brunch will be held at Kingsmill Resort on Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 9:30am.
- Apr102pm - 3pmThe Washington Home of the Philippine Suffrage MovementAndrews Hall, Room 101
“The Washington Home of the Philippine Suffrage Movement”
A lecture honoring the esteemed group of women Filipino suffragists and independence fighters
Monday, April 10
2:00 -3:00 PM
Andrews Hall, Room 101
*Free Banh Mi Sandwiches to First 30 Attendees!
- Apr105:30pmRethinking the Holocaust: Lecture by Professor Jeremy Black, University of ExeterTucker Hall, 127A
The Reves Center presents historian and author Jeremy Black for a lecture entitled Rethinking the Holocaust.
- Apr1310am - 1pmTools for Going "Beyond Blackboard" - Second Spring 2017 eLearning LabSwem Library, Ford Classroom
Faculty are invited to attend our second eLearning Lab where we will be taking a hands-on approach to explore and discuss digital tools that allow you to go "Beyond Blackboard: Expanding Your Web-Based Teaching, Strategies, and Tools".
- Apr2112pm - 1pmMarginality by Design: An Asian American PerspectiveMorton Hall, Room 314
Marginality by Design: An Asian American Perspective
by Dr. Chinua Akimaro Thelwell
Addressing social marginalization in Asian American Studies
DATE | Friday, April 21
TIME | 12 -1 PM
LOCATION | Morton 314
*Free Banh Mi Sandwiches to First 30 Attendees
- May133pmLaw School Graduation Awards CeremonyOff-Campus, Kimball Theatre, Merchants SquareCommencement Weekend Law School Event
- May134:45pm - 6pmLaw School Awards ReceptionWren Yard, (Rain location: Law School Lobby)
Commencement Weekend Event for Graduating Law Students
- May134:45pm - 6pmLaw School Reception Honoring the Class of 2017Wren Yard
Open to all Class of 2017 graduates, their families & friends. Business attire or business casual.
- May148:15amLaw School Diploma CeremonyMartha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka, (Rain Site: Kaplan Arena)
Commencement Weekend Event for graduating law students and guests.
Reception at Law School to follow. If you have questions regarding this ceremony please contact the Law School directly.All events in May 2017
- Mar289am-Apr411:59pmPublic Service Fund General Board ApplicationsLaw School
PSF is accepting applications for the 2017-2019 General Board!
|Calendar View List View Today|