- Aug2812pmGeology Department MeetingMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 219Open to all those interested in the department. Introduction of professors and majors, dates of department field trips and more!
- Aug282pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium and EXTREEMS-QED Lecture: Sze-Bi Hsu (National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan)Jones Hall, Room 301Title: Modeling and Analysis on the growth of Bacteria in a Chemostat with Application to Microbiology and Aquatic Ecology
- Aug283pm - 4pmColloquiumMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020Meet and greet new students and faculty!
- Aug2911am - 1pmBike to Panera with the Bike Initiative!Sadler Center, TerraceDid you know you can get around Williamsburg solely by bike? Ride to New Town & Monticello Marketplace (with a stop at Panera!) with the Bike Initiative, W&M's Bike Advocacy Group! The pace will be slow and the distance short. Meet on the Terrace at 11.
- Aug315:30pm - 7:30pmDeloitte Consulting Straight Talk PanelCohen Career Center, Presentation RoomWilliam & Mary Undergraduate Recruiting Deloitte Federal Consulting Straight Talk Panel Class of 2016 - all majors!Show More...
- Aug317pm - 8pmKochabend in the German HouseGiles Hall (Randolph Complex), German HouseEnjoy a dinner of Currywurst with German House Tutor Kim Mutmann.
- Sep16pmAfrican Cultural Society's first meeting of the yearPleasants Hall (Randolph Complex)Come out to ACS's first meeting of the year! The meeting will be held in the Africana House, 2nd floor of Pleasants Hall across from the Commons Dining Hall.
- Sep17pm - 9pmSpotlight Show Choir Fall AuditionsCampus Center, Little TheaterCome and try out for W&M's only Show Choir! Please prepare a verse and chorus of a song and be prepared to dance! See you guys there!
- Sep2-Sep30Ceramicists and Sculptors in Two DimensionsAndrews HallAn exhibition where sculptors and ceramicists employ a variety of approaches, methodologies and materials through the act of drawing.
- Sep24pmGeology Departmental Seminar--Dr. Mike BreedingMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 219Modern Gemology: Identification of gemstones and deciphering the origin of their color
- Sep24pm - 6pmWMSURE Opening SessionBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
- Sep26pm - 6:50pm3x3x3 on this year's Common Book for the Class of 2019Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallThree faculty members from three academic disciplines offer three views on this year's Common Book for entering freshmen: Island of the Colorblind, by Oliver Sacks.
- Sep27pm - 7:50pm3x3x3 on this year's Common Book for entering freshmenPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallThree faculty members from three academic disciplines offer three views on this year's Common Book for entering freshmen: Island of the Colorblind, by Oliver Sacks.
- Sep27pm - 8:40pmFilmabend: "Friendship" (2010)Swem Library, Botetourt"Friendship" (2010) tells the story of a young East German man who travels to San Francisco to try to find his father who fled the DDR.
- Sep312:50pm - 1:50pmImmigration Law & Service Society Interest MeetingLaw School, Room 137Join ILSS for our first meeting of the year during lunch on Thursday, September 3 in Law School Room 137.Show More...
- Sep34pm - 6pmCeramicists and Sculptors in Two Dimensions ReceptionAndrews HallReception for the artists and their exhibitions.
- Sep35pm - 6pmBridges to Community Interest Meeting for Volunteer Trip to NicaraguaWashington Hall, Room 301Interested in volunteering in Nicaragua over winter break? Bridges to Community is a week-long Branch Out trip dedicated to building houses for much deserving Nicaraguan families while living and working in the community. Applications are due Sept. 15.
- Sep4All dayColloquium Reserved for AubinSmall Hall, Room 110
- Sep4All day
- Sep412pmGeology Brown BagMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 230"Bashing bedload vs. blocks and boulders: A fluvial smackdown"
- Sep412pm - 1pmAfricana Studies First Friday Series, Fall Open HouseMorton Hall, Room 314Please join us for poetry readings by Professor Hermine Pinson titled, "Reading and Writing Poems for the Spirit and the Flesh."
- Sep41:15pm - 4:15pmMegan Kathleen Ivory, Physics - Oral Exam for the Ph.D.Small Hall, Room 122Megan Kathleen Ivory, Physics - Final Oral Exam for the Ph.D. Title: Experimental Apparatus for Quantum Pumping with Bose-Einstein Condensates
- Sep44pmFall Seminar: Rachel Horak (American Society for Microbiology)Andrews Hall, Room 101Using biogeochemistry, microbial physiology, and the "omics" to understand the changing nitrogen cycle in the Pacific Ocean
- Sep511am - 3pmBike Initiative Ride to Chickahominy Riverfront ParkSadler Center, TerraceCome ride with the Bike Initiative and Campus Rec to Chickahominy Riverfront Park for food, games and friends! This is a slow, 25 mile ride--perfect for novices (really!). Helmets required. Need a bike? Contact us in time and we'll get you a loaner.
- Sep51pm - 6pmPhilosophy Conference Honoring Alan H. Goldman (Kenan Professor Emeritus)James Blair Hall, Room 223The Department of Philosophy will host a mini-conference honoring Alan H. Goldman, William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of Humanities and Professor of Philosophy Emeritus, upon the occasion of his retirement from W&M.All events in September 2015
- Aug253pm-Sep411:59pmAdd/Drop Period BeginsStudents can add courses to their current schedule up to a maximum of 18 credits, drop courses from their schedule, select pass/fail (academic juniors and seniors only)
- Aug19-Sep4Faculty Applications: Schroeder Center Undergraduate Research Assistant ProgramMorton Hall, Room 141William & Mary faculty are invited to apply for Schroeder Center funding to hire undergraduate research assistants on their health policy-related projects this semester.
- Jun2312:01am-Oct712pmChurchill Scholarship Campus Application DeadlineAll parts of the Churchill Scholarship application must be submitted by noon on Wednesday, October 7.
- Jun2312:01am-Sep2112pmFulbright Full Grant Application DeadlineAll parts of the Fulbright Full Grant application must be submitted on line by noon on Monday, September 21.
- Jun2312:01am-Sep1412pmFulbright ETA Grant Application DeadlineAll parts of the Fulbright ETA Grant application must be submitted on line by noon on Monday, September 14.
- May21-Oct6The Menokin ExhibitSwem Library, Ground Floor, Botetourt Gallery"Through Their Eyes: A Photographic Journey" showcases images of Menokin from photographers Hullihen Williams Moore (2012-2014) and Frances Benjamin Johnston (1930). "Re-imagining A Ruin" provides an overview of The Menokin Glass House Project.
- Dec1-Sep30Scholarship on Display: Economics DepartmentSwem Library, Bright Gallery, 2nd Floor RotundaScholarship On Display is a rotating exhibit series showcasing faculty work from academic departments at the College of William & Mary. This installment features publications and research from current faculty members in the Economics Department.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Arts & Sciences