- Feb2012pm - 1pmDisney Science Internships – Information SessionCohen Career Center
The Disney Science Internship Coordinator will highlight gap year programs and explain the application process. (Skype session)
- Feb215:30pm“Filipino Seekers of Fortune”: Popular Music and Empire in Colonial Asia.Ewell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Ethnomusicology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Feb215:30pm - 8pmSarajevo Roses: Film Screening and Q&A with the Producer-DirectorTucker Hall, 127A
The Bosnia Project will screen the documentary Sarajevo Roses, followed by a Q&A with its director, Roger M. Richards. Produced over twenty-four years, Sarajevo Roses is a cinematic essay told by five citizens who survived and now struggle to rebuild.
- Feb216pm - 8pmDesigning Conference PostersTyler Hall, Room 217
Designing Conference Posters - Two-hour, hands-on workshop February 21, 2017
RSVP is required. Please email [[cyroberts, Chasity Roberts]] by February 17, 2007.
- Feb228am - 9amProtecting User Security and Privacy in Emerging PlatformsMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Feb225pmCampus COLL 300 Presentation: "Resistance, Activism, and Protest: Time for a Rebirth!"Sadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
Eric Sawyer gives the first of three campus COLL 300 presentations scheduled for Spring 2017.Show More...
- Feb23-Feb26William & Mary Global Film FestivalOff-Campus, Kimball Theatre 428 West Duke Of Gloucester Williamsburg, VA 23185
The W&M Global Film Festival is celebrating its 10th anniversary with four days of films, special guests, workshops, and receptions from February 23 to 26.
- Feb234:30pm - 6:30pm"Memory and Forgetting in the Time of Augustus"Andrews Hall, Room 101
In this year's Jones Lecture, Professor Karl Galinsky from the University of Texas at Austin explores the concept of memory during the reign of Augustus. Free and open to the public.
- Feb235:30pmMusic, Money, and Marginalization: The Triple Bottomline of Tween Twerking in YouTube Videos.Ewell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
- Feb235:30pmTechnologized Voices, Listening, and Power in the Music of Laurie AndersonEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Core Lecturer in Music Humanities, Department of Music, Columbia University
- Feb248am - 9amOn efficient algorithms for quantum constraint satisfaction problemsMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Feb2412pm - 4pm23rd Annual Undergraduate Science Research SymposiumSadler Center, Tidewaters A&B, York & James Rooms
William & Mary and The Roy R. Charles Center present the 23rd Annual Undergraduate Science Research Symposium.
Please join us on Friday, February 24 as students in the sciences present their research!
The full schedule is available online. Show More...
- Feb243:30pm - 5pmPhilosophy Colloquium: Ross Cameron, UVA, "Why I Cannot Travel in Time and Meet my Younger Self"James Blair Hall, Room 221
Ross Cameron, Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Virginia, will speak on "Why I Cannot Travel in Time and Meet my Younger Self." All interested are welcome! For more on Professor Cameron, see his website, below.
- Feb243:45pm - 5pmBiology Seminar: Dustin Glasner (UC Berkeley)Andrews Hall, Room 101
"Unraveling the role of dengue non-structural 1 protein in viral pathogenesis and disease"
- Feb244pm - 5pmGilman Scholarship Application Writing WorkshopReves Center for International Studies, GEO Conference Room, 2nd Floor
This workshop will give tips on writing strong essays and submitting a competitive application to the Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship. If you receive a Federal Pell Grant, you are strongly encouraged to attend this workshop.
- Feb254pm - 7pmArjun Malhotra's Senior RecitalEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Arjun Malhotra Senior Recital
- Feb257:30pm - 9pmA Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a PrayerSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Feb262pmW&M Wind Ensemble - Global Film Festival – Silent Film ShowcaseKimball Theatre
Global Film Festival – Silent Film Showcase
$5 general admission Global Film Festival
- Feb268pmWilliam & Mary Choir - Pre-Tour ConcertCatholic Campus Ministry Chapel (10 Harrison Ave.)
- Feb278am - 9amData Secrecy in Emerging Computing PlatformsMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Feb275pmW&M La Plata Study Abroad Program Information SessionWashington Hall, Room 315
Learn about W&M's Study Abroad Program in La Plata, Argentina.
- Feb28All dayMovie Screening: Loving (2016)Swem Library, Botetourt Theatre, ground floor
Free and open to the public. There are two showtimes: 12:30pm and 7pm on 2/28.
- Feb2811:30am - 2:30pmStudy Abroad Open House: Learn about Non-W&M Semester ProgramsReves Center for International Studies, Global Education Office Conference Room on the 2nd Floor
Want to study Neuroscience in Copenhagen? Global Health in Switzerland? Climate Change in the Arctic? Sustainable Development in Costa Rica? Classical Studies in England? There are lots of study abroad programs! Let us help you pick the right one!
- Feb2812pm - 1pmAdapt Your Course for COLL 300: A How-to DiscussionSwem Library, Research Room
Come learn about adapting existing courses to fulfill the COLL 300 attribute requirement.Show More...
- Feb285pmSeville Study Abroad Program Information SessionWashington Hall, Room 308
Learn more about William & Mary's semester study abroad program in Seville, Spain!All events in February 2017
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:10pm-Feb236:10pmA Sample of ChinaRowe House, Room 101
Come and learn the basics of four of China’s art forms: calligraphy, paper cutting, Chinese knotting, and musical instruments. Gain hands-on experience where you can make your own artwork!
- Jan26-Feb21Brittany Nelson "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space" ExhibitionAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Artist, Brittany Nelson, exhibits her work entitled "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space"
Reception will take place February, 9, from 4 - 6pm in hall outside of the Andrews Gallery.
Open to the public, please come!
- Jan252pm-Mar155pmFerguson-Blair Publishing Institute Scholarship Application - Deadline: Tuesday, 3/15/17Cohen Career Center, Room 111
The William Cross Ferguson and Harry L. Blair Scholarship in Publishing is an annual scholarship which is awarded to a graduating senior or recent graduate of William & Mary. Apply via Tribe Careers at: http://tinyurl.com/FergScholarship2017
- Dec5-Mar17RESEARCH FUNDING A&S GRADUATE STUDENT RESEARCH GRANTSStetson HouseA&S Graduate students are encouraged to apply for support [maximum of $300] from the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (OGSR) that will allow them to collect data at museums or archives, conduct research, and travel to field work sites.
- Dec5-Mar17OGSR/GSA SUPPLEMENTAL CONFERENCE TRAVEL FUNDINGStetson HouseThrough a collaborative effort between the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (OGSR) and the GSA, a limited number of awards are available to assist selected Arts & Sciences graduate students who are attending or presenting at a research conference.
|Calendar View List View Today|