- Oct14-Nov6Exhibition: Feast of PlanesAndrews Hall, Andrews GalleryAndrews Gallery Exhibition: Curated by John Lee, Assistant Professor, Painting October 14- November 6, 2015 Reception: October 29, 4-6 pm
- Oct1412:50pmWOTUS: Waters of the United States and Clean Water Act Jurisdiction -- Where are We Now?Law School, Room 124Lunchtime talk by Peggy Strand (1976 W&M Law alum) co-sponsored by the Student Environmental & Animal Law Society and The Virginia Coastal Policy Center.
- Oct143:30pm - 5:30pmMedia in Practice: Student ShowcaseBlow Memorial Hall, #332Come and listen to past and current students as they share their internship/job experiences in the film/media industry. Listen to the available opportunities to you and network with fellow students! Everyone is welcome!
- Oct147pm - 9pmQueer Climates on Campus: An LGBTQ Discussion PanelSadler Center, Tidewater AAn LGBTQ discussion panel between students and professors, talking about the atmosphere of inclusion on campus, with an emphasis on tips and strategies to cope with discrimination and how to get more involved with activism.
- Oct147pm - 10pmRussian Film Series: We Are From the Future (dir. Andrei Maliukov, 2008)Washington Hall, Room 201The film depicts four amateur archeologists and trophy hunters from St. Petersburg who, in 2008, are transported back in time to a World War II battle in 1942, during which they learn more about themselves and the war.Show More...
- Oct1512amUPTALK THE FEMINIST ZINELudwell Apartments (100-700), 202 bPLEASE SUBMIT ESSAYS PHOTOS AND POEMS ETC TO UPTALKTHEZINE@GMAIL.COM by oct 15
- Oct1512pm - 1:30pmRape Culture 101: Perspectives for Faculty and StaffSadler Center, Chesapeake A&BThis workshop (Bring Your Own Lunch!) focuses on terms, definitions, examples, what is happening on colleges around the country as well as the work done here at W&M, and how faculty and staff can be involved in such work.
- Oct1512:50pm - 1:50pmElection Law Society Presents Stacy SchollLaw School, Room 133Join the Election Law Society Thursday, October 15th during the lunch hour in room 133, Stacy Scholl will be talking about her role at the Democracy Fund and her experience with military and overseas voting. We will be providing FREE Panera for lunch.
- Oct153pm - 4pmStudent Advocacy Training: For Gender Violence ReductionSadler Center, CommonwealthIncrease your effectiveness as a student advocate to reduce gender violence and meet like-minded peers in this exciting workshop presented by Dr. Stephanie Gilmore. This workshop is for students only (undergraduate, graduate or exchange).
- Oct153:30pm - 4:30pmPhysics SeminarSmall Hall, Room 122Elena Long (UNH), nucleon form factors, structure functions, and the tensor polarization
- Oct154:30pm - 6pmCANCELLED!!! Gil Hochberg, The Right to Look: the Israeli Occupation of PalestinMorton Hall, Room 220PROF. HOCHBERG'S TALK HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- Oct155pm - 6pmAdvice for Planning Your Spring Semester ClassesSwem Library, First Floor Research AreaPresentation by Academic Advising to provide assistance and insight into planning classes for the spring semester.
- Oct156pmManaging your research data, it's not just for scientists!Swem Library, Graduate Student Commons, 2nd floorGraduate Students: Join us Thursday, October 15 at 6 p.m. in the new Graduate Student Commons at Swem Library for pizza and drinks! Learn about managing your research data!
- Oct157pmLecture by Artist/Activist Sue CoeTucker HallArtist and Activist Sue Coe to speak on Thursday, Oct.15 @ 7pm in the Tucker Theatre and conduct a printmaking workshop the following day, Friday, Oct.16, 2-4pm with Brian Kreydatus, Matoaka Studio.
- Oct157pm[AMP] Joel Dinerstein: Is Cool Dead?Andrews Hall, Room 101Show More...
- Oct157:30pm - 9:15pmMedia Analysis: What Role Do the Media Play in Promoting and Combating Gender ViolenceSwem Library, Ford Media Classroom (Basement)In this workshop facilitated by Dr. Stephanie Gilmore, see and hear examples of how the media create or even disarm a rape culture. By the end of the workshop, participants will have created a relationship-positive Spotify song list!
- Oct1612pm - 1pmAnchored in ALV: COLL 200 Brownbag LunchSwem Library, Ford ClassroomIdeas from faculty and CLA Fellows who have taught COLL 200 courses that are anchored in ALV.
- Oct162pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium and EXTREEMS-QED Lecture: Hui Zhao (Penn State University)Jones Hall, Room 301Title: Mitigating The U.S. Drug Shortages: Pareto-Improving Contract Design Speaker: Hui Zhao, Smeal College of Business, Penn State
- Oct162pm - 4pmWorkshop by Artist/Activist Sue Coe w/ Prof. Brian KreydatusMatoaka Art StudioArtist and Activist Sue Coe to conduct a printmaking workshop with Brian Kreydatus, Matoaka Studio
- Oct163pm - 4pmChemistry Fall SeminarISC1 (Integrated Science), Room 1127
- Oct164pmFall Seminar: Bernard Lohr (Unviversity of Maryland, Baltimore County)Tucker Hall, 127ATBA
- Oct164pm - 5pmColloquium - Eden FigueroaSmall Hall, Room 110Prof. Eden Figueroa, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Stony Brook University, title of Talk: Building an elementary quantum processor using single photons and atoms
- Oct165pm - 7pmExhibition: CAFO Culture Visualizing Factory Farming in VirginiaOff-Campus, 1781 Jamestown Rd. Williamsburg, VAOctober 16 - 30, 2015 Free and open to the public Opening reception: 1781 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA October 16, 2015 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Oct166:30pm - 8pm10th Annual iREP Africa Weekend: Dining & DialogueSadler Center, Tidewater A/BiREP Africa 2015 will be the African Cultural Society's TENTH annual weekend celebrating the diversity and culture of the African continent and its diaspora.
- Oct167:30pmSeascapePhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Studio TheatreEdward Albee's Pulitzer Prize winning work produced by Joseph Biagini '16 for his senior directorial project.All events in October 2015
- Oct9-Dec4Study Abroad Advising in Swem LibrarySwem LibraryPeer advisors from the Reves Center are in Swem Library
- Oct5-Oct23Study Abroad Photo Contest: Deadline Oct 23Reves Center for International StudiesThe Global Education Office invites you to submit up to three of your best photos for our annual Study Abroad Photo Contest.
- Oct111am-Oct221pmWMCI Presents: Chinese CookingOff-Campus, Baptist Campus Ministry House, 244 S. Boundary StreetLearn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine! Classes occur Thursdays, 11am-1pm, from October 1st to 22nd.
- Sep14-Dec18Coffee with a CLA FellowSee Full Description for schedule and locationsDuring the fall 2015 semester, CLA Fellows are available for informal discussion with faculty about COLL course development. Come have coffee on us. What's on your mind? See the full schedule.
- Sep12-Jan17Thirteenth W&M Faculty Show presented by the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of ArtRecent works of the teaching studio art faculty including visiting instructors and emeriti professors of William & Mary will be featured in an exhibition Faculty Show 13 at the Muscarelle Museum of Art from September 12, 2015 through January 17, 2016.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Arts & Sciences