- Jun257pmJune After Hours Lecture: Filming the Giant SquidVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Edith Widder, leader of the first expedition to film the giant squid Architeuthis, as she describes her unique approach to capturing live footage of this elusive deep-sea predator.
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Public Programs