- Apr256pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: JellyfishVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn about different species of jellyfish found in the oceans and Chesapeake Bay, their role in the ecosystem, and how people have used them throughout history. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Jun136pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Living BeachesVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn more about the types of organisms commonly found on East Coast beaches during summer. Lab activities will include a beachcombing simulation where everyone will be able to find a shell or souvenir to bring home! Click the title above for more info.
- Jul186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sport FishingVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Willy Goldsmith will explain how he tracks & monitors survival rates of open-ocean fishes such as tunas & billfishes after catch-and-release fishing + what his findings mean for recreational fisheries. Click the title for more info.
- Aug226pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)VIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Sarah Pease will discuss the HABs that occur in Chesapeake Bay during summer, and how these blooms impact humans and the environment. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Oct176pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science. Registration Required. Click event title for more information.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve