[PAST EVENT] W&M D.C. Alumni-to-Student Online Networking Hour
LocationOnline - Brazen
Access & Features
Just because we could not bring you to William & Mary, does not mean you cannot still network and explore D.C. area industries!
Join the W&M Washington Center through this online networking session, in which William & Mary students will be matched with D.C. Metro area professionals from a variety of organizations. You will have eight minutes to communicate 1-on-1 before you are connected with another contact.
Students can receive a high-level understanding of the different professional industries that are available to them in the D.C. area upon graduation, learn about individual career paths of and receive career advice from alumni, and continue to build their professional network. Some company representatives may even share their hiring timelines and available internships and full-time opportunities.
Here are some ideas on conversation topics:
- What do you love about where you work?
- What is your role, what do your day to day tasks look like in this role, and in your industry?
- What skill sets are most valuable as an intern/entry-level employee?
- How did you end up in your current position or industry?
- What are you looking to provide or gain from this chat?
- If you could do one thing differently in your career, what would it be?
- How do I talk about my skills and experiences without sounding too confident or too humble?
- Any networking or career advice around specific industries?
Don't wait, register now to attend!
Rhys Tucker, 202.836.8605, email@example.com