William & Mary Dunn Speaker Series Lecture by Emilio Garza
Emilio Garza, former judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, will deliver a lecture in the Dunn Speaker Series. This event is free and open to all.More...
- Feb21All dayTravel Tuesday! Enjoy the Cityscapes of Chicago right here at Commons Dining Hall!Commons Dining Hall
Let your taste buds travel to Chicago for our Travel Tuesday special!
- Feb218:15am - 11:15amMen's Golf vs Third Round at SavannahSavannah, Ga.
- Feb2110am - 4pmAFLAC Counseling SessionSadler Center, James Room
- Feb2112:50pm - 1:50pmPanel: Land Use Planning & Local Regulation in Light of Today's Environmental ChallengesLaw School, Room 141
A panel of local government attorneys will discuss the topic of Land Use Planning and Local Regulation in Light of Today’s Environmental Challenges (recurrent flooding/sea level rise, the Bay TMDL requirements, the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act, etc.).
- Feb2112:50pm - 1:50pmWilliam & Mary Dunn Speaker Series Lecture by Emilio GarzaLaw School, Room 127
Emilio Garza, former judge of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, will deliver a lecture in the Dunn Speaker Series. This event is free and open to all. Please RSVP.
- Feb213:30pm - 4:30pmStaff Assembly MeetingBlow Memorial Hall, BOV Room 201The Staff Assembly meets monthly, hosting one general meeting each fall and spring. All monthly and general meetings are open.Show More...
- Feb214:30pm - 6pmNaples - Alumni Happy HourThe Wine Cellar at Mercada | 9118 Strada Place, Suite 8110, Naples, FL 34108
- Feb215:30pm“Filipino Seekers of Fortune”: Popular Music and Empire in Colonial Asia.Ewell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Ethnomusicology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Feb215:30pm - 8pmSarajevo Roses: Film Screening and Q&A with the Producer-DirectorTucker Hall, 127A
The Bosnia Project will screen the documentary Sarajevo Roses, followed by a Q&A with its director, Roger M. Richards. Produced over twenty-four years, Sarajevo Roses is a cinematic essay told by five citizens who survived and now struggle to rebuild.
- Feb216pm - 7pmACS presents Sudan Awareness DayPleasants Hall (Randolph Complex), Africana House (2nd Floor)
Learn more about Sudanese history and culture with your favorite cultural org, all for FREE! Come to the Africana House to get a change to eat authentic Sudanese food and to learn about the country and its culture.
- Feb216pm - 8pmDesigning Conference PostersTyler Hall, Room 217
Designing Conference Posters - Two-hour, hands-on workshop February 21, 2017
RSVP is required. Please email [[cyroberts, Chasity Roberts]] by February 17, 2007.
- Feb216pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sea Turtle InvestigationVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabIn this lab, participants will solve the case of the stranded sea turtle, cycling through different investigations to determine what happened. Registration required.Show More...
- Feb217pmStudent Assembly Spring 2017 Election Info SessionTyler Hall, Room 133
In order to run in the Spring 2017 Student Assembly Election, you must attend one information session. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Feb217pm - 8pmNative American Political Recognition - a Discussion with Dr. Richard A. RoseTyler Hall, Room 114
Curious about the politics of Native American identity? Join the American Indian Student Association for discussion with Dr. Richard A. Rose on tribal recognition and indigenous identity in a post-colonial context!
- Feb218pm - 9:30pm"Trump's Road to the White House" Documentary ScreeningAndrews Hall, Room 101
Join Roosevelt @ W&M to screen the Frontline documentary film, "Trump's Road to the White House."
- Feb2212:50am - 1:50pmArticle I and Modern CongressLaw School, Room 127Gregg Nunziata, former general counsel to Senator Marco Rubio, speaking on the Constitutional role of Congress and whether modern Congress has abdicated too much of its authority. Prof. Aaron-Andrew Bruhl will provide commentary. Chic-fil-a served.
- Feb228am - 9amProtecting User Security and Privacy in Emerging PlatformsMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Feb228:30am - 9:30amAlzheimer's: Know the 10 SignsAlan B. Miller Hall, 1005 Grad Seminar
Alzheimer's: Know the 10 Signs
See Full Description to learn more and to register.
- Feb2212pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/B
Graduate students Quang Huynh and Nadya Mamoozadeh update the VIMS community on their research.
- Feb2212:30pm - 1:30pmFaculty Research Brown Bag: Gene RocheSchool of Education, Room 2000Interested in learning about research underway at the School of Education? The Faculty Research Brown Bag Series brings faculty, students and community members together to explore new ideas in education.
- Feb2212:50pm - 1:50pmSupporting Survivors: Skills for Representing Survivors of TraumaLaw School, Room 119
Leading up to A Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a Prayer (MMRP), Law Revue is proud to host a faculty panel on skills for lawyers to support survivors of trauma, including domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Feb223:30pm - 4:30pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to enhance students' study skills, time-management skills, and active learning skills.
- Feb224pm - 6pmWMSURE Time and Energy Management; Graduation Info SessionSwem Library, Ford Classroom
This workshop, featuring Dr. Warnetta Mann of the Counseling Center, will focus on maintaining a healthy mind and body. We will also feature Graduation Coordinator Wendy Urbano to share information about graduation. Please register here.
- Feb224pm - 7pmMen's Swimming and Diving vs CAA Championships Wednesday FinalsChristiansburg, Va.Show More...
- Feb224pm - 7pmWomen's Swimming and Diving vs CAA Championships Wednesday FinalsChristiansburg, Va.All events in February 2017
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb8-Mar22Food and Feelings WorkshopBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240
Come learn about your relationship with food-how emotions impact eating behavior, how diets don’t work, and how to survive and thrive in a diet-driven world.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan305:10pm-Feb226:10pmPreparing to Travel in ChinaWashington Hall, Room 219
Get prepared for a wonderful trip to China! Become familiar with this ancient country by learning basic Chinese language and cultural nuances.
- Jan26-Feb21Brittany Nelson "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space" ExhibitionAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Artist, Brittany Nelson, exhibits her work entitled "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space"
Reception will take place February, 9, from 4 - 6pm in hall outside of the Andrews Gallery.
Open to the public, please come!
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|