[PAST EVENT] 6th Annual From Possabilities to Practical Applications
LocationHilton Richmond Hotel & Spa/Short Pump, VA
Special Education Track
- Universal Design, Differentiation & Curricular Adaptions
- Using Student Passions to Improve Learning
- Successful Co-Planning/Co-Teaching
- Vision Therapy
- Off to Kindergarten Boot Camp
- Standards-Based IEPs for Aligned SOL's
- Technology for the Classroom
- IEP Support and more!
NEW! Transition Track
- A new focus on transition sessions for educators and parents of transition age students - how to get the most out of middle and high school!
- Pathways to Employment
- Pre-Employment Services
- ABCs of Transition IEPs
- Writing Effective IEP Employment Goals
- Behaviors & Soft Skills for Employment
Keynote Address-Dr. Patrick Schwarz
Engaging professor, author, motivational speaker and leader in inclusive, special and general education and human services. He is the CEO of Creative Culture Consulting LLC and Professor Emeritus at National Louis University in Chicago.
Lunch Speaker-Madison Essig
First person with Down Syndrome to graduate with a standard diploma from the District of Columbia Public Schools. She is currently a sophomore in the Mason LIFE Program at George Mason University. Prepare to be inspired!
Attendance -400+ projected for 2018 In 2017, 320 people attended from 37 school districts (60% professional, 40% parent).
Registration-$50/person ($60/person on 2/3/18) Includes continental breakfast & lunch. Conference scholarships are available. Attendance Certificates will be available. Online registration closes at 8AM on Thurs., Feb. 1, 2018.
Register at www.dsagr.org