- Jul271:30pm - 4pmActivity Days in VIMS' Visitors CenterVIMS - Watermen's HallJoin us Wednesdays this summer for VIMS Activity Days!
- Jul275pm - 7pmWMSURE Presenting ResearchBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201This workshop will assist you in preparing posters and talks that present your research.
- Jul289am - 10amDefense Seminar - Sarah Pease (M.S.)VIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumThesis Title: “Alexandrium monilatum in the Lower Chesapeake Bay: Sediment Cyst Beds and Potential Health Impacts to Crassostrea virginica”
- Jul2810:30am - 11:30amDefense Seminar - Britt Dean (M.S.)VIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumThesis Title: “Modulation of Watershed Nutrient Loads by Tidal Creek Ecosystems on the Virginia Eastern Shore”
- Jul287pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture: BillfishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor John Graves as he explores how satellite tagging of billfish helps to better understand the magnitude of post-release mortality and develop measures to promote survival.Show More...
- Jul2910:30am - 12pm
- Jul31-Aug5W&M Law Institute of Special Education AdvocacyLaw School, Courtroom & various classroomsThe W&M Law Institute of Special Education Advocacy is presenting its 6th annual five-day training program hosted by the Law School and co-sponsored by the PELE Special Education Advocacy Clinic, Wrightslaw, and The Oklahoma Disability Law Center.
- Aug35pm - 7pmWMSURE end of summer presentationsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201Join us for end of the summer WMSURE presentations from students and mentors and an end of the summer celebration!
- Aug37:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Hormones and Migrating Blue-winged TealVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Dr. Morgan Wilson, Associate Professor at Hollins University, explores how blue-winged teal hormone levels compare to songbirds and what this means for migration.
- Aug410:30am - 12pm
- Aug510:30am - 12pm
- Aug1010:30am - 12pm
- Aug1210:30am - 12pm
- Aug188:30am - 3:30pmPre-Major Advisor PresentationSwem Library, Read and Relax AreaAn overview of advising for new freshmen and new transfer students on Thursday, August 18, 2016, in the Read and Relax Area on the first floor of Swem Library.
- Aug1810:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Aug1910:30am - 12pm
- Aug1911am - 4pmPeer Advisor Training PresentationSwem Library, Read and Relax AreaProvide a basic overview of the GER and COLL curriculums to peer advisors. Review the process for Tribe Studies and COLL Studies on Blackboard.
- Aug2110am - 12:15pmWilliam & Mary/Gates Scholar BrunchBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236First year's designated as William & Mary Scholars and/or Gates Millennium Scholars are invited to learn about WMSURE, meet WMSURE faculty advisors, and hear about events planned for the year.
- Aug2210am - 1:45pmMandatory A&S New Graduate Student OrientationSadler CenterALL new/incoming Arts & Sciences graduate students are required to attend both the New Student Orientation (10:00am-noon) and the afternoon training from noon-1:40 pm (up to the start of the breakout sessions specific to Teaching Assts./Fellows)
- Aug2210am - 3pmChinese Language Placement ExamWashington Hall, Room 316Incoming students wishing to continue the study of Chinese are required to take the Chinese placement exam.
- Aug225pm - 6pmWMSURE Advising Day Open HouseBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Take a break from orientation and come see the WMSURE space. We’ll have treats for you and can help you plan for the first week of classes.
- Aug236pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: EelsVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn why eels are important not only to our local region but around the world during this family-friendly event. There are over 800 species of eels in the world, and their roles as both predator and prey are important to the Bay ecosystem.
- Aug2410:30am - 12pm
- Aug241pm - 4pmWMSURE First Day of Classes Open HouseBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Join us for a pre-convocation first day of school open house. Learn more about WMSURE and tell us how your first day of classes went. Then we'll head together to convocation, which starts at 5:15 p.m.
- Aug257pm - 8pmAugust After Hours Lecture - Climate, coral reefs and resilienceVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS alumna Britt Parker, climate coordinator with NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program, explores how climate change and ocean acidification threaten coral reefs worldwide.All events in August 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary