16th Annual Graduate Research Symposium
The annual Graduate Research Symposium (GRS) is a unique educational and networking event, encouraging exchange between disciplines and bringing together students from William & Mary and regional universities. More...
- Mar24-Mar25Women's Leadership Summit Marketing CompetitionAlan B. Miller Hall
Celebrate International Women's Day with the 2017 Women's Leadership Summit Annual Marketing Competition!
- Mar249am - 4pmSOE Graduate Research Symposium - All are welcome!School of Education
Come hear Carol Bobby, CEO for CACREP, and Roxie Patton, Associate Director for the Center for Student Diversity at W&M speak at the symposium this Friday! There will also be break out sessions and poster talks related to social justice. Sign up here!
- Mar242pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium and EXTREEMS-QED Lecture: Toru Kan (Tokyo Institute of Technology)Jones Hall, Room 301Title: On the structure of stationary solutions of bistable reaction-diffusion equations on a dumbbell-shaped domain
- Mar242pm - 3:30pmForced to Flee: The 6th Anniversary of the Syrian Civil WarTyler Hall
No Lost Generation is presenting a lecture given by a member of Save the Children on the effect of the Syrian War on refugee children.
- Mar243pm - 4pmChemistry Spring SeminarISC2 (Integrated Science Center), Room 1127
Stephen Ammann of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, presents "Palladium(II)/Sulfoxide-Promoted Formation of Oxygenated Heterocycles". Stephen works In Prof. M. Christina White's Research Group.
Refreshments before the Seminar
- Mar243pm - 4pmFulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) Grant Information SessionBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (ETA) Grants fund a year of teaching abroad in one of over 60 countries.Show More...
- Mar243:30pm - 5pmGraduate Research Symposium Professional Development FairSadler Center, Chesapeake C
Getting ready for that next step? The Cohen Career Center and GRS are here to help at the Graduate Research Symposium!
- Mar243:30pm - 5pmPhilosophy Colloquium: Pamela Hieronymi, Professor, Dept. of Philosophy, UCLA, "Reasoning First"James Blair Hall, Room 205
Pamela Hieronymi, Professor of Philosophy, UCLA, will give a colloquium presentation entitled, "Reasoning First." All are welcome!
- Mar244pm - 5pmAn Encore Mindfulness Walk: A Path to Health and Resilience (open to all)Wren Yard, Out front (please be prompt)Would you like to add something restorative to this month, this semester, this year? We invite everyone (particularly staff and faculty) to partake in this practical application of meditation and mindfulness to the daily activity of walking.
- Mar2712pm - 1pmBiological Sciences SeminarVIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom
Speakers and topics:
Karrina Nunez - "A high-resolution model for simulating the impact of climate change on tidal marsh habitats"
Miguel Semedo - "Impacts of manure fertilization and antibiotics on greenhouse gas emissions from grasslands"
- Mar271pm - 1:50pmEconomic Crimes and National Security Law in IndiaLaw School, Room 127
Sargam Hans, LL.M. '17, is an attorney licensed to practice in Delhi, India. Sargam will share her experience of dealing with economic crimes and corporate espionage in India on March 27, 2017 (Monday) in room 127 at 1:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
- Mar271:30pm - 4:30pmHao Shi: Physics Dissertation DefenseSwem Library, Ford Room
Hao Shi, Final Oral Examination for the Ph.D. Degree, Title: Computational Studies of Strongly Correlated Quantum Matter."Show More...
- Mar272pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium: Andrew Zimmer (University of Chicago)Jones Hall, Room 131
Title: Metric spaces of non-positive curvature and applications in several complex variables
- Mar272pm - 4pmA Historian's Response: Standoff at Standing RockOff-Campus, Stryker Center near the Williamsburg Public Library, Room 128
Join us for the first of our biannual lecture series at the Stryker Center to hear Professor of History, Andrew Fisher, discuss the crisis at Standing Rock. This event is free and open to the public with a discussion and Q&A to follow.
- Mar274:30pm - 6:30pmGeorgian Papers Programme Open HouseSwem Library, Botetourt Gallery
Join us for the Georgian Papers Programme Open House on Monday, March 27 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. in Swem Library’s Botetourt Gallery.
- Mar275pmThe American Studies Program Lecture SeriesTucker Hall, Auditorium
The American Studies Program presents distinguished scholar George Lipsitz (University of California, Santa Barbara). His lecture is on “Truth Forever on the Scaffold, Wrong Forever on the Throne: ..."
- Mar2812pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar SeriesVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 426
Speaker is Bill MacIntyre , VIMS.
- Mar2812:50pm - 1:50pm"Reflections on the Relationship between the Courts and Congress" - Dunn Speaker Series LectureLaw School, Room 141
Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will deliver a lecture in the Dunn Speaker Series. This event is free and open to all; lunch will be available. Please RSVP.
- Mar287pm - 9pmThe 21st Annual Minnie G. Braithwaite Lecture in Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies: Arlene SteinTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre 127A
The 21st Annual Minnie G. Braithwaite Lecture in Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies Presents Arlene Stein: "All the Young Dudes: Accounting for the Rise of Transgender Masculinity". Please join us in Tucker Theatre 127A on Tuesday, March 28th at 7pm.
- Mar2912pm - 12:50pmFisheries Noon SeminarVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Classroom A/B
Graduate students Taylor Goelz and Joseph Matt update the VIMS community on their research.
- Mar2912pm - 1pmNational Institutes of Health Information SessionCohen Career Center
Learn about student programs at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, the application process, and what makes a competitive applicant.
- Mar2912:50pmJudge Katzmann on The Unmet Legal Needs of the Immigrant PoorLaw School, Room 124
Judge Robert Katzmann, Chief Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, will discuss immigrant access to legal representation.
- Mar2912:50pm - 1:50pmMVLS & WLS Present: A Discussion on Sexual Assault in the Military with Lt. NicholLaw School, Room 141
Join the Military and Veterans Law Society and the Women’s Law Society for a conversation with Lt. Nichol about sexual assault in the military. Lt. Nichol will also discuss her experience as a woman in the JAG Corps. Zaxby's will be served for lunch!Show More...
- Mar293:30pm - 4:30pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Campus Center Ballroom, second floor near the elevator
This workshop is designed to enhance students' study skills, time-management skills, and active learning skills.All events in March 2017
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
|Calendar View List View Today|