July After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future king
July 30, 2015 7:00pm
Join VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay. More...
- Jul610am - 12pmKevin P. Moran, Computer Science - Masters DefenseMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 002Kevin P. Moran, Computer Science - Masters Defense Title: Enhancing Bug Reports for Mobile Apps
- Jul610am - 1pmAleva V. Devan, Physics - Oral Exam for the Ph.D.Small Hall, Room 122Alena V. Devan, Physics - Final Oral Exam for the Ph.D. Title: Sterile Neutrino Search with MINOS
- Jul84:30pm - 6pmPlanning for Summer - The remixBlow Memorial Hall, Room 332Join us as we take stock of our summer research progress. We'll make a plan for all that you want to accomplish during the rest of the summer. We'll also help you schedule in some more fun.
- Jul13-Jul19Economic History for LeadersSadler Center
- Jul179amWelcome the 2019 Plus Scholars to WMSURETBDJoin Prof. Charity Hudley as she welcomes the Class of 2019 Plus Scholars and gives them an overview of WMSURE.Show More...
- Jul19-Aug1Camp LaunchSadler Center
- Jul224:30pm - 6pmPresenting researchBlow Memorial Hall, Room 332This workshop will assist you in preparing posters and talks that present your research.
- Jul26-Aug1Early Career Geoscience Faculty WorkshopSadler Center
- Jul294:30pm - 6pmWMSURE end of summer presentationsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 332Join us for end of the summer WMSURE presentations from students and mentors and an end of the summer celebration!
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Jul307:30pmLiteracy Leadership Program's Inaugural LectureSchool of Education, Matoaka Woods RoomTips for Motivating Struggling Readers
- Jul314pm - 5pmSpecial ColloquiumSmall Hall, Room 111Martin Dressel, Physikalisches Institut, University Stuttgart, Germany, Title of Talk: Optical Spectroscopy on Superconducting Films
- Aug3-Aug6Show More...
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep175pm - 7pm"Effective Communication for Rational Minds"Washington Hall, Room 201Jean-luc Doumont proposes a systematic way to prepare and deliver an oral presentation, covering structure, slides, and delivery. Sponsored by the Center for the Liberal Arts and the Dean's Office, Arts & Sciences. For faculty and students.
- Sep188:30am - 12:30pmFaculty Workshop: "Effective Communication for Rational Minds"TBDJean-luc Doumont leads a highly interactive workshop covering ways you can structure your courses and assignments to improve students' public presentations. Sponsored by the Center for the Liberal Arts and the Dean's Office, Arts & Sciences.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct28:30am - 5pm2015 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights ConferenceLaw School, Room 119The Twelfth Annual Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference will take place at William & Mary Law School on October 2, 2015
- Oct56:30pm - 8pmRaft Debate - A W&M TraditionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Memorial HallDescribed as a "delicate balance of comedy and lecture," the annual Raft Debate features four W&M faculty members from diverse disciplines, stranded on a desolate island with only a one-person life raft for escape to civilization.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.
- Nov114:30pm-Nov135pm61st Annual W&M Tax ConferenceLaw School, TBAThe William & Mary Tax Conference offers lawyers and accountants an in-depth look at current topics in tax law. This year's conference will be held Nov. 11-13 (Nov. 11 program at the Law School; Nov. 12-13 program at Kingsmill).
- Apr168am - 4pmDay for Admitted StudentsAdmission (Undergraduate)Event for recently admitted studentsAll events in April 2016
- Jun24-Jul23VISTA Elementary Science InstituteSchool of EducationThe Virginia Initiative for Science Teaching and Achievement (VISTA) is a partnership to create an innovative community of support for sustained, intensive science teacher professional development.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary