Eureka! Transforming Current Courses into COLL 100s
March 5, 2015 12:30pm
"Rio" Riofrio, Carey Bagdassarian and Paul Mapp talk about how to convert your old William & Mary course into a shiny new COLL 100. More...
- Mar48am - 11:59pmColloquium on March 4 at 8AM in McGl 020McGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020Matthew Hammer, University of Maryland-College Park, will give a talk with the title of Incremental Computation with Adapton.
- Mar512:30pmEureka! Transforming Current Courses into COLL 100sSwem Library, Open Class Room"Rio" Riofrio, Carey Bagdassarian and Paul Mapp talk about how to convert your old William & Mary course into a shiny new COLL 100.
- Mar53:30pm - 5pmImperceptible Material: Narrating Dioxin in Laura Conti's Rabbit With the Face of a Girl (1978)Washington Hall, Room 315In the wake of Italy's 1976 Seveso chemical disaster, which released a dioxin cloud large enough to directly contaminate 15 sq. kilometers housing 37,000 people, pioneering Italian environmentalist Laura Conti took on the challenge of telling the story.
- Mar55pm - 6:30pmArt and Culture Among the Igbo of Nigeria & the Ainu of Japan in the Postcolonial PeriodJames Blair Hall, Room 223
- Mar57pmFebruary After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.Show More...
- Mar57pmW&M Haiti Compact info session (rescheduled)Blow Memorial Hall, 3rd floor loungeDue to snow cancellation, the Haiti Compact information session will be held at 7pm on Thursday March 5th.
- Mar6-Mar75th Annual Capital Area Legal Writing ConferenceLaw SchoolThe conference will take place March 6th & 7th, 2015, at William & Mary Law School.
- Mar68amColloquium on March 6 at 8AM in McGl 020McGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020Xia Hu, Arizona State University, will give a talk with the title of Understanding Social Spammers: A Data Mining Perspective
- Mar612pmEureka! Transforming Current Courses into COLL 100Swem Library, Open Class Room"Rio" Riofrio, Carey Bagdassarian and Paul Mapp talk about how to convert your old William & Mary course into a shiny new COLL 100.
- Mar612pm - 1pmAfricana First Friday Lecture with R. Benedito FerraoMorton Hall, Room 314Please join Africana Studies' First Friday Lecture with R. Benedito Ferrao. His lecture is entitled, "(Non) Saints: Margaret Mascarenhas' Skin and Afro-Asiatic Myth"
- Mar612pm - 5pmArt + Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thonSwem Library, Research RoomSwem and the Music Library will be hosting an Edit-a-thon to improve coverage of women artists on Wikipedia. Free pizza will be served!
- Mar64pm - 5pmPhysics ColloquiumSmall Hall, Room 110Prof. Mike Snow, University of Indiana, Title of Talk: "Nuclear/Particle/Astrophysics with Slow Neutrons"
- Mar98amColloquium on Mar. 9 at 8AM in McGl 020McGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020Gregory Gay, University of Minnesota, will give a talk with the title of Steering Model-Based Test Oracles to Admit Real Program Behaviors
- Mar12-Mar13National Curriculum Network Conference (NCNC)School of EducationThe conference offers over 30 sessions held by leaders in the field of Gifted Education with a focus on curriculum, instruction, and assessment for high-ability learners.
- Mar138am - 11:59pmColloquium on March. 13 at 8AM in McGl 020McGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020Nesreen Ahmed, Purdue University, will give a talk with the title of Large-scale Network Analysis and Graph Mining.Show More...
- Mar175pm - 6pmCreating Your Academic Plan WorkshopSwem Library, Swem Library Learning Center (First Floor)Creating an academic plan will help you find the resources to develop a personal educational journey.
- Mar184pm - 5pmStrategic Learning WorkshopCampus Center, Ballroom Conference Room - 2nd Floor near elevatorAn Academic Enrichment workshop that covers study methods and tips, time management, and organizational material.
- Mar184pm - 6pmThe 1st Generation College ExperienceBlow Memorial Hall, Room 331With Professors Christy Burns, David Aday, and Vern Lindquist, Karlene Jennings from Development, and Carla Costello from the President's Office--all first generation college students who now work in higher education!
- Mar1912pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Bill Ball, Johns Hopkins University
- Mar2012:50pmDunn Speaker Doug LaycockLaw School, Room 127The Institute of Bill of Rights Law, Student Division (IBRL SD), as part of the Dunn Series, hosts a lunch event with Doug Laycock, Professor of law at UVA School of Law, and a leading scholar in the areas of religious liberty and the law of remedies.
- Mar202pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium TalkJones Hall, Room 301Speaker: Dan Cranston, Virginia Commonwealth University Title: Planar graphs are 9/2-colorable and have big independent sets
- Mar203pm - 4pmChemistry Spring SeminarISC2 (Rogers Hall), Room 1127Corey Stephenson of the University of Michigan presents "Photoredox catalysis: Enabling Chemical Synthesis with Visible Light"
- Mar21-Mar222015 Undergraduate Philosophy ConferenceTBDW&M will hold its Fourth Annual Undergraduate Philosophy Conference on March 21 & 22. All interested students are invited to attend.
- Mar219:30am - 4pmQueer Youth: 2015 Boswell SymposiumAndrews Hall, Room 101With immense social changes occurring with regard to LGBT issues, youth are grappling with sexual and gender identities at younger and younger ages. What opportunities and challenges do such developments create?
- Mar245pm - 6pmDeclaring Is a Major Decision WorkshopSwem Library, Swem Library Learning Center (First Floor)Strategies for choosing and declaring a major.All events in March 2015
- Feb2-Mar31Coffee with a CLA FellowSee Full Description for schedule and locationsCLA Fellows are available for informal discussion with faculty about COLL course development. Come have coffee on us. What's on your mind? See the full schedule.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary