- Apr2811am - 12pmCreative Commons for Teaching and LearningSchool of EducationIsn't copyright law supposed to "promote the progress of science and the useful arts" rather than stifle our creativity? In this workshop we'll cover how, why, and when it is legal to use and share scholarly works and multimedia in your teaching.
- Apr292pm - 6pmEngaged Scholarship Academic SymposiumSadler Center, Tidewater AEngaged Scholarship Academic Symposium Wednesday, April 29th, 2-6 p.m. Sadler Center, Tidewater A
- Apr293pm - 4pmW&M eLearning Community Meeting at SwemSwem Library, Ground FloorPlease join the W&M eLearning Community in Swem Library, ground floor, on Wed, April 29, 3:00-4:00pm to explore the new media center space that was designed with creativity, technology integration and adaptability as core values. We hope to see you there!
- Apr294pm - 6pmWMSURE/Sharpe/Community Studies Scholars Research Symposium and End of Semester PartySadler Center, Tidewater AScholars from William & Mary and the surrounding area will share research presentations and posters. End-of-Semester Party! (During and following the Research Symposium.)
- Apr3012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Sedimentation in Hinchinbrook Entrance, Alaska, USA: Correlations with Wave Energy on the Gulf of Alaska Continental Shelf" by Nicole Marshall, VIMSShow More...
- Apr303:30pm - 6:30pmPhilosophy Department Spring BBQ & Student-Faculty Volleyball MatchJames Blair Hall, Outdoors, east side, by the statue of James BlairAll philosophy majors, minors and interested students are invited to the Spring BBQ and student-faculty volleyball match! The BBQ and the match will take place on the east side of James Blair Hall (the Blair statue side). Food and refreshments provided!
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May23:30pmThe 2nd Annual OIEAHC Council LectureBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201The Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture welcomes Mary Beth Norton.
- May33pm - 6pmGeology Department PicnicOff-Campus, Chuck's HouseCome one, come all to the spring semester geology picnic to be hosted by Chuck Bailey. There is sure to be both food and fun, so grab your geowallie pals, perhaps bring a tasty side dish, and celebrate the closing of another academic year.
- May68:30am - 8:40pmFirst Joint VIMS and William & Mary Postdoctoral Research SymposiumVIMS - Watermen's HallJoin us for the first joint VIMS and William & Mary postdoctoral research symposium, showcasing the exciting work of our postdocs. All are welcome to attend. Please register for this event by April 22.
- May810am - 11:59pmYudistira Virgus : Physics Dissertation DefenseSmall Hall, Room 122Yudistira Virgus , Final Oral Examination for the Ph.D. Degree, Title: "Stability, Energetics, and Magnetic States of Cobalt Adatoms on Graphene: An Ab Initio Quantum Monte Carlo Study" Open to the public.
- May2011am - 2pmCLA "Speed Dating" SeminiarTBDThe CLA Fellows are organizing a three-hour "speed-dating" special seminar, open to all faculty.
- Jun34:30pm - 6pmPlanning for SummerBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Join us as we welcome you back to campus and help you plan for a fun and successful summer. We'll have a focus on time and energy management and planning out your research schedules. We'll also help you schedule in some fun.
- Jun104:30pm - 6pmGrad School and Grad TestsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236We will discuss the major tests for graduate school and help you develop a study plan based on your graduate school timeline.
- Jun14-Jun19iD Tech CampMiller Hall (Mason School of Business)Show More...
- Jun174:30pm - 6pmManaging the student-professor research relationshipBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Come get ideas on how to maximize your research relationship with your professors. We'll help you understand your rights as a research student and share about the ethics of authorship. We'll also help you plan for challenges and sticky situations.
- Jun244:30pm - 6pmProf. Charity Hudley, Prof. Dickter, and Hannah are writing a book!Blow Memorial Hall, Room 236Highest Honors: A Guide to Undergraduate Research prepares students for undergraduate research in college.
- Jun259am-Jun265pm1st Annual WMSURE Faculty ConferenceBlow Memorial HallWMSURE, with support from the duPont fund, will offer a two-day faculty conference on Thursday, June 25th and Friday, June 26th 2015 to support faculty who engage in undergraduate research with students from underrepresented backgrounds.
- Jun257pmJune After Hours Lecture: Filming the Giant SquidVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Edith Widder, leader of the first expedition to film the giant squid Architeuthis, as she describes her unique approach to capturing live footage of this elusive deep-sea predator.
- Jul14:30pm - 6pmWMSURE mid-summer presentationsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Join us for middle of the summer WMSURE presentations from students and mentors and an end of the 1st summer session celebration!
- Jul84:30pm - 6pmPlanning for Summer - The remixBlow Memorial Hall, Room 236Join us as we take stock of our summer research progress. We'll make a plan for all that you want to accomplish during the rest of the summer. We'll also help you schedule in some more fun.
- Jul13-Jul19Economic History for LeadersSadler Center
- Jul179amWelcome the 2019 Plus Scholars to WMSURETBDJoin Prof. Charity Hudley as she welcomes the Class of 2019 Plus Scholars and gives them an overview of WMSURE.All events in July 2015
- Apr3-May15Coffee with a CLA FellowSee Full Description for schedule and locationsCLA Fellows are available for informal discussion with faculty about COLL course development. Come have coffee on us. What's on your mind? See the full schedule.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary