August After Hours Lecture: Native use of the Chesapeake
Join W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay. More...
- Aug3-Aug6Advanced Placement Summer Institute (AP Institute)School of Education
- Aug1410am - 12pmJuan Carlos Cornejo, Physics - Oral Exam for the Ph.D.Small Hall, Room 122Juan Carlos Cornejo, Physics - Final Oral Exam for the Ph.D. Title: Compton Scattering Polarimetry for the Determination of the Proton's Weak Charge Through Measurements of the Parity-Violating Asymmetry of 1H(e,e')p
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug282pm - 3pmMathematics Colloquium and EXTREEMS-QED Lecture: Sze-Bi Hsu (National Tsing-Hua University, Taiwan)Jones Hall, Room 301Title: Modeling and Analysis on the growth of Bacteria in a Chemostat with Application to Microbiology and Aquatic Ecology
- Sep26pm - 6:50pm3x3x3 on this year's Common Book for the Class of 2019Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallThree faculty members from three academic disciplines offer three views on this year's Common Book for entering freshmen: Island of the Colorblind, by Oliver Sacks.Show More...
- Sep27pm - 7:50pm3x3x3 on this year's Common Book for entering freshmenPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallThree faculty members from three academic disciplines offer three views on this year's Common Book for entering freshmen: Island of the Colorblind, by Oliver Sacks.
- Sep51pm - 6pmPhilosophy Conference Honoring Alan H. Goldman (Kenan Professor Emeritus)James Blair Hall, Room 223The Department of Philosophy will host a mini-conference honoring Alan H. Goldman, William R. Kenan Jr. Professor of Humanities and Professor of Philosophy Emeritus, upon the occasion of his retirement from W&M.
- Sep175pm - 7pmLecture: "Effective Communication for Rational Minds"Washington Hall, Room 201Jean-luc Doumont proposes a systematic way to prepare and deliver an oral presentation, covering structure, slides, and delivery. Sponsored by the Center for the Liberal Arts and the Dean's Office, Arts & Sciences. For faculty and students.
- Sep188:30am - 12:30pmFaculty Workshop: "Effective Communication for Rational Minds"Andrews Hall, Room 201Jean-luc Doumont leads a highly interactive workshop covering ways you can structure your courses and assignments to improve students' public presentations. Sponsored by the Center for the Liberal Arts and the Dean's Office, Arts & Sciences.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Sep255pm-Sep264pmSupreme Court PreviewLaw School, Room 119Moot court and expert panel sessions focused on the 2015-16 term's most controversial topics, including: the death penalty, abortion, voting rights, and affirmative action.
- Oct28:30am - 5pm2015 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights ConferenceLaw School, Room 119The Twelfth Annual Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference will take place at William & Mary Law School on October 2, 2015
- Oct56:30pm - 8pmRaft Debate - A W&M TraditionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Memorial HallDescribed as a "delicate balance of comedy and lecture," the annual Raft Debate features four W&M faculty members from diverse disciplines, stranded on a desolate island with only a one-person life raft for escape to civilization.
- Oct233pm2015 John Boswell Memorial LectureEwell Hall, Recital Hall, First FloorDelivered by Prof. Susan S. Lanser, Comparative Literature, English, and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, Brandeis University.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.Show More...
- Nov114:30pm-Nov135pm61st Annual W&M Tax ConferenceLaw School, TBAThe William & Mary Tax Conference offers lawyers and accountants an in-depth look at current topics in tax law. This year's conference will be held Nov. 11-13 (Nov. 11 program at the Law School; Nov. 12-13 program at Kingsmill).
- Apr168am - 4pmDay for Admitted StudentsAdmission (Undergraduate)Event for recently admitted studentsAll events in April 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|