Digital Escapes: Our Journey in Digital Creation and Consumption
Legendary game designer, director, and producer Todd Howard '93 will speak on his journey from W&M to the present. His credits include Fallout 3, Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- Mar309:30am - 4:30pmCeramics Workshop with David EichelbergerCeramics Studio (Old Power Plant)
Two workshop times:
9:30am - noon
2:00pm - 4:30pm
Following the workshops will be an image presentation at 5pm.
- Mar3010am - 4pmAFLAC Counseling SessionSadler Center, James Room
- Mar3012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Noon Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326
"Cohesive sediment distribution in an idealized estuary" by Danielle Tarpley, VIMS
- Mar303pm - 6pmWilliam & Mary Women's Tennis vs DelawareWilliamsburg, Va., Millie West Tennis Facility
- Mar303:30pm - 5:30pmGe Peng, Computer Science - Dissertation DefenseMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 002
Ge Peng, Computer Science - Dissertation Defense
Advisor: Gang Zhou
Title: Enhancing Energy Efficiency and Privacy Protection of Smart Devices Show More...
- Mar303:30pm - 6:30pmWilliam & Mary Men's Track and Field vs Colonial Relays Day OneWILLIAMSBURG, Walter J. Zable Stadium at Cary Field
- Mar303:30pm - 6:30pmWilliam & Mary Women's Track and Field vs Colonial Relays Day OneWILLIAMSBURG, Walter J. Zable Stadium at Cary Field
- Mar303:40pm - 5pmLecture by Prof Tomo Sasaki: "History, Unevenness, and Urban Space in Japanese Cinema: A Case Study"Washington Hall, Room 315Prof. Tomo Sasaki will lecture on Kawashima Yuzo’s film Suzaki Paradise Red Light (1956)--a film that reflects the transformation that Japan’s capitalism was experiencing in the post-war period--and examine how popular culture narrates historical events.
- Mar304pm - 5:30pmWMCI Distinguished Scholar Lecture: “Is China Socialist?” by renowned scholar Professor Barry NaughtonBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Join us on Thursday, March 30th from 4:00 to 5:30 in Blow Hall 201 for Professor Naughton's lecture.
- Mar304:30pm - 6:30pm"From the Vantage of the Victory: New Research on the Nike of Samothrace"Andrews Hall, Room 101
In this year's Brinkley Lecture, Professor Bonna Westcoat from Emory University sheds new light on the Nike of Samothrace. Free and open to the public.
- Mar305pmThe Patrick Hayes Writers Series Presents Richard Lucyshyn and Jack ChristianTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre, Tucker 127A
Poets and William & Mary alumni Richard Lucyshyn and Jack ChristianShow More...
- Mar305pm - 6pmA Networking Reception with the Cohen Career Center Employer Advisory BoardCohen Career Center, Presentation Room
Join the Cohen Career Center and their Employer Advisory Board for a Networking Reception and gain valuable networking experience and make connections before you leave campus!
- Mar306pm - 7:30pmHigher Ed Salon: College Presidents and Racial UnrestSchool of Education, Dogwood Room
Eddie Cole, assistant professor in the School of Education's higher education program, will lead a discussion about college presidents and racial unrest through history.
- Mar307pm - 8pmMarch After Hours Lecture - BiosensorsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as Dr. Mike Unger explains how scientists at VIMS developed a biosensor that uses antibodies to detect oil spills and other threats in our waters.
- Mar308pm - 11pmAMP / Come at Me, BrewSadler Center, Lodge 1
Come at Me, Bro? More like Come at Me, Brew! Our last Lodge 1 Homebrew of the semester is sure to go out with a bang, so stop by for awesome tunes by some talented W&M students, tasty snacks and an all-around great night.
As always, admission is free.
- Mar319am - 10amCornerstone Learning Info SessionBell Hall, Training Room
We are launching a new Learning Management System (LMS) in Cornerstone. An overview of some of the system's many features and a short demo of the system will be provided.
- Mar319am - 12pmWilliam & Mary Men's Track and Field vs Colonial Relays Day TwoWILLIAMSBURG, Walter J. Zable Stadium at Cary Field
- Mar319am - 12pmWilliam & Mary Women's Track and Field vs Colonial Relays Day TwoWILLIAMSBURG, Walter J. Zable Stadium at Cary Field
- Mar319:30am - 12:30pmShaoyang Jia: Physics Dissertation DefenseSmall Hall, Room 122
Shaoyang Jia, Final Oral Examination for the Ph.D. Degree, Title: "Formulating Schwinger-Dyson Equations for QED Propagators in Minkowski Space."
- Mar3110am - 11amCornerstone Learning for SupervisorsBell Hall, Training Room
We are launching a new Learning Management System (LMS) in Cornerstone. An overview of some of the system's many features and a short demo of the system will be provided. This session is specifically for Supervisors and Managers.
- Mar3111:45am - 1pmThe Private World of Soviet Scientists from Stalin to GorbachevJames Blair Hall, Room 206
Global Studies invites you to a lunch and lecture with Dr. Maria Rogacheva "The Private World of Soviet Scientists from Stalin to Gorbachev"
Friday, March 31 12-1pm (lunch will be served at 11:45).
- Mar3112pm - 1pmTeaching Project: The Indispensable Guide to Undergraduate ResearchBlow Memorial Hall, Room 201
Faculty and graduate students, please join WMSURE co-directors Anne Charity Hudley and Cheryl Dickter and WMSURE GA Hannah Franz, as they share strategies from their book The Indispensable Guide to Undergraduate Research: Success in and Beyond College.
- Mar3112:50pm - 1:50pm"How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking": Lecture by Professor Mehrsa BaradaranLaw School, Room 133
Professor Mehrsa Baradaran of the University of Georgia School of Law will present a lecture titled "How the Other Half Banks: Poverty and Banking." The event is sponsored by the Center for the Study of Law and Markets. Free and all are welcome.Show More...
- Mar311:30pm - 2:30pmCornerstone Learning for SupervisorsBell Hall, Training Room
We are launching a new Learning Management System (LMS) in Cornerstone. An overview of some of the system's many features and a short demo of the system will be provided. This session is specifically for Supervisors and Managers.All events in March 2017
- Mar1611am-Apr612:30pmChinese Cooking Class
Learn to cook delicious Chinese cuisine!
- Mar145:10pm-Apr66:10pmErhu WorkshopRowe House, Room 101
Learn to play the erhu, an ancient Chinese violin-like instrument and experience the classic sounds of China.
- Mar135:10pm-Apr56:10pmAppreciation of Chinese PoetryRowe House, Room 101
Appreciate the beauty of classical Chinese poetry and better understand Chinese philosophy through the rhymes, rhythm, and storytelling.
- Mar1-Mar31Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing" and upcoming talkAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Cynthia Lin Exhibition "Seeing and Re-seeing"
March 1 - March 31, 2017
Gallery Talk: Friday, March 17th, 4pm
Reception: Friday, March 17, 4-6pm
- Feb17-Mar31Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Feb810:30am-Apr1211:30amHealthy Eating SeriesSadler Center, Tidewater A
Welcome to the Spring 2017 Healthy Eating Series! Each session is designed so you can attend one, a combination of them, or all four. A certificate of completion will be presented to those attending all four programs.
- Feb6-Apr3Mindfulness Training & Stress Relief SkillsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Come learn and practice simple scientifically researched ways to manage stress and anxiety, improve memory and enhance the quality of your life.
- Jan317pm-Apr257pmHEART (Human Engagement, Awareness, and Response to Trafficking)Washington Hall, Room 301
HEART meets every Tuesday from 7 to 8 pm. If interested in the issue of human trafficking and potentially being a member of HEART, come on out to any meeting!
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan23-Apr20Small Group Training SeriesStudent Recreation CenterSmall Group Training classes are not drop-in and must be registered for in advance. Registration opens on January 23! Register online.
- Jan186pm-May126pmNeurodiversity Student GroupBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor
The W&M Neurodiversity Student Group meets every week on Wednesdays at 6pm.
|Calendar View List View Today|