Fall 2016 Independent and International Film Series
Join Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features A Screaming Man, directed by Mahamat-Saleh Haroun.
- Sep286:30pmArt & Art History: InfoMajors Open HouseMatoaka Art Studio
We invite students to meet with professors and learn more about majoring or minoring in Studio Art & Art History at our open house.
- Sep306pm-Oct112amVIMS Fall Party - Pig RoastVIMS - Fort Area
VIMS Graduate Student Association's annual Fall Party Pig Roast!
- Oct12pm - 5pmDelta Omicron Fall Music FestivalTrinkle Hall
Delta Omicron Music Fraternity is hosting a fall music festival! There will be games, food, and best of all, live music by your favorite W&M groups! You can purchase tickets (50 cents a piece) to play at the booths or just come to hear the music.
- Oct14pm - 7pmJCA Fall Festival (Aki Matsuri)Sadler Center, Chesapeake A & B
Join the Japanese Culture Association on Oct 1st, 4-7PM at Sadler, Chesapeake A&B for our Aki Matsuri (Fall Festival)! There will be traditional Japanese FOOD, performances, and Japanese games. And they are all FREE!!! Hope to see you there!
- Oct19pm - 11pmAMP // Murder Mystery DinnerSadler Center, Tidewater
Join AMP for a night of intrigue as we uncover clues to solve an '80s themed murder mystery. Grab a friend, grab your detective gear, and grab dinner with us to kick off October. Will there be Chick-Fil-A? It's a mystery. Sign up on our Facebook page!
- Oct45pm - 6:30pmAmerican Music in the Kingdom of Hawai‘i, 1793-1893Ewell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
College of Visual and Performing
The University of North Carolina Greensboro Show More...
- Oct46pmVCPC Lecture Series at the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of Art
- Oct47pmFall 2016 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt TheatreJoin Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features A Screaming Man, directed by Mahamat-Saleh Haroun.
- Oct68pm - 11pmAMP // Oodles of Home BroodlesSadler Center, Lodge 1
When we found out October 6th was National Noodle Day, we knew we had no choice but to pair some of our great W&M music performers of the evening with the delicacy in one perfect event: Oodles of Home Broodles.
- Oct135pm - 6pmArt & Art History's Distinguished Speaker of the Year, Elizabeth Boone '70, to lectureEwell Hall, Room 107Art Historian Elizabeth Boone, a specialist in the pre-Columbian and early colonial art of Latin America, with an emphasis on Mexico, will be Art & Art History's 2016 Distinguished Speaker.
- Oct159am - 11amMary Mitchell Speaker Series: Pancakes With A Pirate With Mary Quattlebaum '80Swem Library, Read and Relax, First Floor
Kid-friendly event! Includes breakfast, author presentation & book signings. Free and open to the public. Please RSVP online or 757-221-7872 by October 7.
- Oct175:10pm-Nov26:10pmChinese Board GamesRowe House, Room 101Learn to play traditional Chinese board games such as Chinese Chess, Mahjong, and more!Show More...
- Oct187pmFall 2016 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt TheatreJoin Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features Hospitalite, directed by Koji Fukuda.
- Oct205pm - 6:30pmPatrick Hayes Series Presents: Jace Clayton, aka DJ/ruptureTucker Hall, Tucker Theater
The Patrick Hayes Writers Series and the Creative Writing Program present Jace Clayton, author of Uproot: Travels in 21st-Century Music and Digital Culture (2016, Farrar, Straus, & Giroux).
- Oct2111amMusic Lecture by Tom MooreSwem Library, Ford Classroom
Admission- Free and open to the public
- Oct231pm - 6pmCanaan Smith Concert at The Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake MatoakaMartha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka
Conference Services has worked with Whisper Concerts to bring the Canaan Smith concert to The Martha Wren Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka.
- Oct237:30pmEwell Concert Series-Harris Simon, JazzOff-CampusWilliamsburg Regional Library Theatre Admission: $10/general public $5/students w/ID.
- Oct257pmFall 2016 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt Theatre
Join Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features Prairie Love, directed by Dusty Bias.
- Oct288pmHalloween concertSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium Sadler
Admission: $3 students, $10 general admissionCamille Saint-Saens, Danse Macabre
Modest Mussorgsky, Khovantchina Overture
Modest Mussorgsky, Night on the Bald Mountain
André Caplet, The Masque of Red Death
Joseph Holbrooke, The Raven, op.25
- Oct31-Nov5Global Chef ThailandDining Halls
Visit and get a taste of Thailand!Show More...
- Nov16pmVCPC Lecture Series at the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of ArtAll events in November 2016
- Sep1-Sep28Andrews Gallery Exhibition, Richard Crozier "Repository of Missing Places"Andrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
"Repository of Missing Places" An exhibition of 30 years of paintings by Richard Crozier.
Beginning September 1-28, 2016
Reception held Thursday, September 8, 4-6pm in the Andrews Gallery Foyer.
All are welcome!
|Calendar View List View Today|