Distinguished Lecture Series welcomes Michael Simon
September 15, 2015 5:30pm
The Department of Art & Art History welcomes ceramicist Micheal Simon as part of our Distinguished Lecture Series. Please join us! More...
- Aug302pm - 4pmPointe Blank Dance Company Fall AuditionSadler Center, Chesapeake ADo you love to dance? Pointe Blank is a student run dance company that specializes in all types of dance, including jazz, hip hop, ballet, contemporary, and tap! To audition, you don't need to prepare anything ... just come dressed to dance!
- Aug317pm - 8:30pmW&M Pep Band's first rehearsalEwell Hall, Room 207Come out to Ewell 207 on Monday 8/31 from 7-8:30 and Friday 9/4 from 5:30-6:30 to join the Pep Band for our first rehearsals of the semester! No audition required. If you need to rent an instrument please contact Cody Jones at [[e|cmjones]].
- Sep112pm - 2pmGuy Brown DayCommons Dining HallGuy Brown has been with W&M for 60 years as of August 1. Today we honor his service to us all.
- Sep2-Sep30Ceramicists and Sculptors in Two DimensionsAndrews HallAn exhibition where sculptors and ceramicists employ a variety of approaches, methodologies and materials through the act of drawing.
- Sep27pm - 8:40pmFilmabend: "Friendship" (2010)Swem Library, Botetourt"Friendship" (2010) tells the story of a young East German man who travels to San Francisco to try to find his father who fled the DDR.Show More...
- Sep34pm - 6pmCeramicists and Sculptors in Two Dimensions ReceptionAndrews HallReception for the artists and their exhibitions.
- Sep36pm - 8pmSyndicate Hip Hop Dance Team Fall TryoutsTrinkle HallSyndicate is William & Mary's student run and choreographed Hip Hop Dance Team. If you love dancing and having fun, come out to our Fall auditions! No experience is necessary!
- Sep37:30pmVirginia Symphony Orchestra Under the StarsLake Matoaka AmphitheatreJoin us for the annual Symphony Under the Stars! Event is free and open to the community.
- Sep45pm - 8pmSnow Cones & PopcornSadler CenterNothing is better than Snow Cones and Popcorn! Join us for some fun :-)
- Sep510am - 2pmPhotographer Magali de Vulpillieres: Seasons of WilliamsburgWilliam & Mary BookstoreThese beautiful art prints are a great way to preserve your memories of Colonial Williamsburg. Take home a memory today!
- Sep512pm-Sep64pmImprovisational Theatre's (I.T.) Workshops!!Andrews Hall, Room 101Join the members of W&M's oldest comedy group for a workshop on, you guessed it, how to eat food! No, just on improv. Saturday Sept. 5 from noon-2pm and Sunday Sept. 6 from noon-2pm and 2pm-4pm in Andrews Hall, lecture hall 101 (it's a big room).
- Sep52pm - 6pmLynn Hosegood, People and Places of WilliamsburgWilliam & Mary BookstoreMs. Hosegood is an award-winning watercolorist, whose prints capture the essence of Colonial Williamsburg and the College of William & Mary. Take one home today!
- Sep52pm - 6pmWilford Kale Signing Hark Upon the GaleWilliam & Mary BookstoreRecently revised and fully updated, Hark Upon the Gale remains one of the most popular and complete histories of the College of William & Mary.
- Sep57pm - 9pmImprovisational Theatre's (I.T.) First ShowEwell Hall, Recital HallFriends, family, plebeians ... listen up! W&M's oldest comedy group is having our first show and we are inviting YOU in an entirely public, non-special way. If you don't feel loved by that, we will show you the love on Saturday.
- Sep64pmThe Matoaka Sessions Interest Meeting!Swem Library, Media CenterThe people who bring you FPS are launching a new audiovisual project to appreciate and expose the student bands on campus. If you are interested in being involved, contact us or come to our interest meeting.Show More...
- Sep87pmFall 2015 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt Theatre, Ground FloorJoin Swem Tuesday evenings this fall for the 2015 Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features "2 Autumns, 3 Winters," directed by Sebastien Betbeder.
- Sep12-Jan17Thirteenth W&M Faculty Show presented by the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of ArtRecent works of the teaching studio art faculty including visiting instructors and emeriti professors of William & Mary will be featured in an exhibition Faculty Show 13 at the Muscarelle Museum of Art from September 12, 2015 through January 17, 2016.
- Sep1210am - 2pmFeather Foster Signing The First LadiesWilliam & Mary BookstoreThis painstakingly researched new book examines the oft-neglected roles of 26 remarkable first ladies in shaping our country's destiny.
- Sep122pm - 6pmFaculty Member, Bob Stowers Signing Lost in a CornfieldWilliam & Mary BookstoreDr. Stowers teaches his five principles through the narrative of a lost dog, Buddy, whose journey will provide readers with the guidance and inspiration needed to overcome life's many challenges.
- Sep155:30pmDistinguished Lecture Series welcomes Michael SimonAndrews Hall, Room 101Ceramicist Micheal Simon to be the Distinguished Lecturer
- Sep182pm - 6pmTony Williams, Signing Washington and HamiltonWilliam & Mary BookstoreMr. Williams' new book examines the unlikely partnership of George Washington and Alexander Hamilton as they strive to overcome their competing ideals and work together to create a new nation.
- Sep199amPro-Choice Leadership & Advocacy Summit: Women of Color, Reproductive Justice, and ChoiceOff-Campus, Tidewater Community CollegeNARAL Pro-Choice Virginia is hosting a pro-choice leadership & advocacy summit focusing on women of color, reproductive justice, and choice. VOX: Voices for Planned Parenthood will offer rides upon request. Apply by August 31st to reserve your spot!
- Sep1911am - 7pmInternational Food & Arts FestivalSchool of EducationThe Reves Center is one of the sponsors of the first annual Williamsburg International Food & Arts Festival to be held at the School of Education as a benefit for Literacy for Life. Admission is free!
- Sep192pm - 6pmBarbara McLennan Signing The Wealth of VirginiaWilliam & Mary BookstoreBarbara McLennan's newest historical fiction takes place after the events of her previous novel, The Wealth of Jamestown, and features the same characters as they struggle to remove a governor that has been sent to Virginia by the English Board of Trade.
- Sep192pm - 6pmPhotographer Magali de Vulpillieres: Seasons of WilliamsburgWilliam & Mary BookstoreThese beautiful art prints are a great way to preserve your memories of Colonial Williamsburg. Take home a memory today!All events in September 2015
- Jun10-Jun12Joseph Palin Thorley ExhibitSwem Library, 3rd Floor Rotunda GalleryThe exhibit features documents, photographs, and selected ceramic works from the Joseph Palin Thorley Papers in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
- Mar1410am-Nov2810:30amHistoric Organ ConcertWren ChapelHear the Wren Building's eighteenth-century organ in concert - free every Saturday, 10-10:30 a.m.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary