Sarajevo Roses: Film Screening and Q&A with the Producer-Director
The Bosnia Project will screen the documentary Sarajevo Roses, followed by a Q&A with its director, Roger M. Richards. Produced over twenty-four years, Sarajevo Roses is a cinematic essay told by five citizens who survived and now struggle to rebuild.More...
- Feb21All dayTravel Tuesday! Enjoy the Cityscapes of Chicago right here at Commons Dining Hall!Commons Dining Hall
Let your taste buds travel to Chicago for our Travel Tuesday special!
- Feb215:30pm“Filipino Seekers of Fortune”: Popular Music and Empire in Colonial Asia.Ewell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in Ethnomusicology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Feb215:30pm - 8pmSarajevo Roses: Film Screening and Q&A with the Producer-DirectorTucker Hall, 127A
The Bosnia Project will screen the documentary Sarajevo Roses, followed by a Q&A with its director, Roger M. Richards. Produced over twenty-four years, Sarajevo Roses is a cinematic essay told by five citizens who survived and now struggle to rebuild.
- Feb216pm - 7pmACS presents Sudan Awareness DayPleasants Hall (Randolph Complex), Africana House (2nd Floor)
Learn more about Sudanese history and culture with your favorite cultural org, all for FREE! Come to the Africana House to get a change to eat authentic Sudanese food and to learn about the country and its culture.
- Feb216pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sea Turtle InvestigationVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabIn this lab, participants will solve the case of the stranded sea turtle, cycling through different investigations to determine what happened. Registration required.
- Feb23-Feb26William & Mary Global Film FestivalOff-Campus, Kimball Theatre 428 West Duke Of Gloucester Williamsburg, VA 23185
The W&M Global Film Festival is celebrating its 10th anniversary with four days of films, special guests, workshops, and receptions from February 23 to 26.Show More...
- Feb235:30pmTechnologized Voices, Listening, and Power in the Music of Laurie AndersonEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Core Lecturer in Music Humanities, Department of Music, Columbia University
- Feb238pm - 11pmAMP / Cash Me at Brew, Howbow Dah?Sadler Center, Lodge 1
Cash Me at Brew, Howbow Dah? You bet we'll be there. Admission is free for this musical event, which will feature 5 performances by some talented William & Mary students, along with free snacks, coffee and hot cocoa.
- Feb238pm - 11pmAMP / Global Film Festival Present: The Tiger HunterOff-Campus, Kimball Theater
Screening of "The Tiger Hunter" followed by a panel discussion.
- Feb247pmTrippin' on Brix Presents: Civil SerpentsEwell Hall, Recital Hall
Trippin' on Brix will be presenting their very first HALF SKETCH, HALF LONGFORM show! You won't want to miss this!
Oh, and did we mention it's free?
- Feb249pm-Feb251amAMP / Human BowlingSadler Center, Tidewater A/B
Are you trying to roll away from your problems? Do you wish you could smash into stuff in a giant hamster ball?
Human Bowling is here for you, complete with 2 inflatable bowling lanes, pins, and hamster balls. Knock them down, champ. AMP believes in you.
- Feb2510am - 2pmBarbara McLennan, Signing The Wealth of VirginiaWilliam & Mary Bookstore
Barbara McLennan’s newest historical fiction features a community that is struggling to remove a governor that has been sent to Virginia by the English Board of Trade.Show More...
- Feb251pm - 2:30pmWomen in MusicEwell Hall, Recital HallWilliam & Mary Women's Chorus is proud to present Women in Music: an event by females of William & Mary dedicated to the empowerment and strength that women can find through interactions with music.
- Feb252pm - 6pmMac Laird, Signing ChristannaWilliam & Mary Bookstore
This thrilling sequel to Dangerous Differences, explores the tension between the colonials of North Carolina and Virginia and the native tribes as they both strive to peacefully coexist.
- Feb254pm - 7pmArjun Malhotra's Senior RecitalEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Arjun Malhotra Senior Recital
- Feb257:30pm - 9pmA Memory, a Monologue, a Rant, and a PrayerSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
- Feb262pmW&M Wind Ensemble - Global Film Festival – Silent Film ShowcaseKimball Theatre
Global Film Festival – Silent Film Showcase
$5 general admission Global Film Festival
- Feb28All dayMovie Screening: Loving (2016)Swem Library, Botetourt Theatre, ground floor
Free and open to the public. There are two showtimes: 12:30pm and 7pm on 2/28.
- Feb28All dayTravel Tuesday! Enjoy the Delights of Charleston right here at Sadler!Campus Center, Marketplace Dining
Let your taste buds travel to Charleston for our Travel Tuesday special!
- Feb285pmThe Patrick Hayes Writers Series Presents 2017 Artist in Residence Eddy HarrisTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre, Tucker 127A
Artist-in-Residence Eddy Harris, nonfiction author and documentary filmmaker of Mississippi Solo and other books
- Feb287pm - 9pmSubmit to W&M VOX's Abortion Speak-OutAndrews Hall, Room 101
Have you or a loved one had an abortion? If so, please consider contributing to W&M VOX: Voices For Planned Parenthood's Abortion Speak-Out. Submit your story or the story of someone you know with prior consent (submission link: bit.ly/2kbEtr2).
- Feb287:30pmAsuncionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Studio TheaterW&M Theatre presents Asuncion written by Jesse Eisenberg.
- Feb287:30pmEwell Concert Series-Minetti QuartetEwell HallAdmission: $10/general public, $5/students w/ID
- Mar17:30pmAsuncionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Studio TheaterW&M Theatre presents Asuncion written by Jesse Eisenberg.Show More...
- Mar27:30pmWinter ConcertPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall
Admission: FREE for Students, children under 18, veterans, $10 general admission
Frederick Delius, A Walk to the Paradise Garden
Student Concerto Competition Winner
Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No.4 All events in March 2017
- Feb11-Apr6Botticelli and the Search for the DivineMuscarelle Museum of Art
Between February 11 and April 6, the Muscarelle Museum of Art will be showcasing works by Sandro Botticelli (Florence, 1445-1510) in the most important Botticelli exhibition ever seen in the United States.
Admission is free with a W&M ID.
- Jan315:30pm-Apr116:30pmBeginner Sun Style TaijiSadler Center, Chesapeake B
Take 10 classes in beginner Sun Style Chinese Taiji with Stan Rockwell.
- Jan305:10pm-Feb226:10pmPreparing to Travel in ChinaWashington Hall, Room 219
Get prepared for a wonderful trip to China! Become familiar with this ancient country by learning basic Chinese language and cultural nuances.
- Jan26-Feb21Brittany Nelson "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space" ExhibitionAndrews Hall, Andrews Gallery
Artist, Brittany Nelson, exhibits her work entitled "Monuments to the Conquerors of Space"
Reception will take place February, 9, from 4 - 6pm in hall outside of the Andrews Gallery.
Open to the public, please come!
|Calendar View List View Today|