24-Speed Filmmaking Competition
Write, shoot, and edit a short film in just 24 hours! Brought to you by the Reeder Media Center, this filmmaking contest is open to pros and amateurs alike. Make a film in under 24 hours (with gear from Swem) and your film will be shown on the big screen. More...
- Feb95pmNovelist, Essayist & Playwright, LaShonda Barnett to TalkTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre 127AThe Patrick Hayes Writers Series and The American Studies Program present LaShonda Barnett
- Feb95:30pmTEDx Interest MeetingJames Blair Hall, Room 223Apply to volunteer at this year's TEDxCollegeofWilliamandMary event and help us make it great!
- Feb97pmHOPE presents: Be Your Own BaeSadler Center, Commonwealth AuditoriumWhat makes it so hard for us to love ourselves? What does loving yourself really mean? In this interactive presentation, HOPE members will discuss strategies to bolster self-compassion and clarify misconceptions about self-love.
- Feb105pmFlat Hat Info SessionCampus Center, Flat Hat OfficeInterested in journalism and student organizations named after obscure 18th century secret societies? Stop by The Flat Hat's information session on Feb. 10 at 5 p.m. in our office in the basement of the Campus Center.
- Feb117pm - 9pmOpen Mic Night hosted by African Cultural SocietySadler Center, Lodge 1Thursday is our annual Open Mic Night! All performers are welcome. The audience is encouraged to bring money, in order to bid on the best performer and the winner will receive a percentage of the money bid on them! LODGE 1, February 11 @ 7PM!Show More...
- Feb125pm - 6pmACS presents Africa Awareness Week: Cape Verde Food & Culture DayPleasants Hall (Randolph Complex)ACS & guests will cook and serve a traditional Cabo Verdean dish as well as listen to a presentation on the country and listen to their traditional music! Africana House, Pleasants Hall Second Floor.
- Feb125:30pm-Feb137pm24-Speed Filmmaking Competition - 2016Swem Library, Ford ClassroomWrite, shoot, and edit a short film in just 24 hours! Bought to you by the Reeder Media Center, this filmmaking contest is open to pros and amateurs alike. Make a film in under 24 hours (with gear from Swem) and your film will be shown on the big screen.
- Feb126pm - 8pm2016 Lunar New Year ShowSadler Center, Commonwealth AuditoriumThe Chinese Student Organization, Japanese Culture Association, and Korean American Student Association will host the annual Lunar New Year performance on Friday, February 12th!. Join us for a night of cultural dances, friends, laughs, and lots of food!
- Feb127:30pm - 10pmEwell Concert Series - Andreas KleinEwell Hall, Recital HallAdmission: $10/general public, $5/students; tickets available at the door
- Feb1310am - 2pmFeather Foster Signing The First LadiesWilliam & Mary BookstoreThis painstakingly researched new book examines the oft-neglected roles of 26 remarkable first ladies in shaping our country's destiny.
- Feb132pm - 6pmBarbara McLennan, signing Wealth of VirginiaWilliam & Mary BookstoreBarbara McLennan's newest historical fiction takes place after the events of her previous novel, The Wealth of Jamestown, and features the same characters as they struggle to remove a governor that has been sent to Virginia by the English Board of Trade.
- Feb138:30pmImprovisational Theatre's (I.T.) Underground ShowAndrews Hall, Room 101It's that time of year again when we throw our rules out the window (even more than we usually do) and present an entirely improvised show where civility and respect go bad. Really bad. Come see us turn your risque suggestions into suggestive risque-ness.
- Feb165:30pmBlack History Month: Talk with author Kristen GreenSwem Library, Ford Classroom, Ground FloorJoin us at Swem Library on Tuesday, February 16 for a talk with Kristen Green, journalist and author of the New York Times Best Seller "Something Must Be Done About Prince Edward County."
- Feb166pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: PlanktonVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn about plant and animal plankton and their key role in aquatic food webs.
- Feb175pmGraphic Memoirist Nicole GeorgesTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre 127AShow More...
- Feb196pm - 8pmLantern FestivalPreston Hall (Randolph Complex), Chinese HouseCelebrate the traditional Lantern Festival at the end of the two-week-long Chinese New Year in Chinese House! Come make and eat delicious dessert dumplings known as tangyuan, and test your intellect with fun Chinese riddles!
- Feb1911pm24 Speed 2016 - The Film ScreeningsKimball TheatreCome see the short films that were produced by W&M student filmmakers during the 24 Speed Filmmaking Contest. Students had only 24 hours to produce a film. The films will be played on the big screen on Friday night at the W&M Global Film Festival.
- Feb202pm - 6pmMac Laird, Signing ChristannaWilliam & Mary BookstoreThis thrilling sequel to Dangerous Differences, explores the tension between the colonials of North Carolina and Virginia and the native tribes as they both strive to peacefully coexist.
- Feb211pm - 2pmFilm and Community: W&M Wind Ensemble Cinema Montage ConcertKimball TheatreThe W&M Wind Ensemble will provide live accompaniment for cinema montages created by students in Film & Media Studies as part of the W&M Global Film Festival. Admission: $2 at the door
- Feb239:30amCeramics Workshop with Birdie BooneCeramics Studio (Old Power Plant)William & Mary Ceramics Club presents: Workshop and Presentation with Birdie Boone 2/23, 9:30-12:20 & 2-4pm Image presentation @ 5:00pm
- Feb2312:30pm - 1:30pmLincoln's Aura: War, History, and the President's Body in Alexander Gardner's PhotographsSadler Center, James RoomRichard Lowry's Brownbag Lunch Talk on Lincoln's Aura: War, History, and the President's Body in Alexander Gardner's Photographs
- Feb257pm"Materiality" A DiscussionAndrews Hall, Room 101Please join us for a discussion on Materiality between the sculptor James Sullivan and philosopher Andrew Mitchell, moderated by Charles Palermo. Thursday 25 February 7 PM Andrews 101
- Feb257pm - 8:30pmFebruary After Hours Lecture: Ocean plasticsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS researchers Kirk Havens and Rob Hale as they join forces to explore how plastics impact ocean waters and food webs, and discuss work at VIMS to develop biodegradable alternatives.
- Feb257:30pmThe OresteiaPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallAeschylus' classic Greek trilogy of tragedies.
- Feb267:30pmThe OresteiaPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallAeschylus' classic Greek trilogy of tragedies.All events in February 2016
- Feb3-Feb29Chinese Level IRowe HouseWMCI Community Class. Open to All Skill Levels!
- Feb28pm-Feb710pmAfsana Fusion Dance Team Auditions 2016Sadler Center, Chesapeake RoomsWilliam & Mary's Coed Fusion Dance Team is looking for new members this spring! Our dance team combines the styles of bollywood, contemporary, ballroom, classical, bhangra, garba, hiphop and many more!
- Feb2-Apr12Taiji WorkshopSadler Center, Chesapeake BWMCI community-favorite Beginner Yang Style Taiji Workshop. Learn the ancient Chinese technique meant for exercise and meditation.
- Feb2-Feb25Chinese CalligraphyRowe HouseWilliam & Mary Confucius Institute presents a community course on the ancient art of Chinese calligraphy. All skill levels welcome!
- Feb2-Feb25An Introduction to Chinese FestivalsRowe HouseA William & Mary Confucius Institute community course. Learn about various traditional Chinese festivals while partaking in customary ceremonies and reading about traditional cusines.
- Jan26-Feb19"Melange a Clay" curated by Artist in Residence Joe BovaAndrews Hall, Andrews GalleryExhibition now in Andrews Gallery, Andrews Hall: "Melange a Clay" curated by Artist in Residence Joe Bova January 26th - February 19th Reception, Thursday, Jan. 28, 2-4pm
- Jun10-Jun12Joseph Palin Thorley ExhibitSwem Library, 3rd Floor Rotunda GalleryThe exhibit features documents, photographs, and selected ceramic works from the Joseph Palin Thorley Papers in Swem Library's Special Collections Research Center.
|Calendar View List View Today|