- Oct2610am - 4pmFISH Costume Sale 2016Sadler Center, Tidewater A and B
Looking for a cool Halloween costume? Or an elegant tuxedo? Or something completely unexpected? Stop by the annual FISH Costume Sale on Wednesday, 10/26, 10am-4pm! TWILIGHT SALE the night before - Tuesday, 10/25, 10pm-11pm! Cash and Express accepted.
- Oct266pm - 9pmScreening of Ivory TowersTucker Hall, Room 111
Come watch the documentary about the rising costs of higher education "Ivory Towers" with Student Power and the College Socialists.
- Oct267pm - 9pmLGBT+ Health & Sex... SafelyTucker Hall, 127A
STEM, LAMBDA, VOX, and Red Cross Club are joining with guest speaker Eric Garrison to debunk common misconceptions about LGBT+ sex and health.
- Oct27-Oct28Global Chef Columbia - Sierra Wilson will be here to share his native cuisine and cultureDining Halls
Visit and get a taste of Columbia!
- Oct271pm - 4:15pmTraditional Japanese Tea Ceremony & Lecture: "Visible and Invisible: Aesthetics in Japanese Art"School of Education, Room 1056 (lecture) and Dogwood Room (tea ceremony)
The Reves Center sponsors a lecture on Japanese aesthetics and a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony.
- Oct2812pm - 5pmBall for a CauZeSadler Center, Sadler Terrace (12 -2); Crim Dell Amphitheater (3 -5 )
The women of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. have teamed up with the Africana Studies Department and multiple sustainability efforts on campus to present the FIRST Ball for a CauZe event! Come show off your basketball skills and learn about sustainability!Show More...
- Oct288pmHalloween concertSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium Sadler
Admission: $3 students, $10 general admissionCamille Saint-Saens, Danse Macabre
Modest Mussorgsky, Khovantchina Overture
Modest Mussorgsky, Night on the Bald Mountain
André Caplet, The Masque of Red Death
Joseph Holbrooke, The Raven, op.25
- Oct288pm - 9:30pmAMP // ComedyBrewSadler Center, Chesapeake
Join AMP on Oct. 28th at 8:00 as we welcome our classmates to the stage for our semiannual ComedyBrew! This semester's show will feature sets from Hayley Wenk, Kevin Xu, Kenan Perry, Casey Neary, and Emily Schaefer!! We swear, you won't want to miss it!!
- Oct299pm-Oct301amAMP// Zombie ApocalypseCampus Center, All of Campus Center
Prepare to get scared. AMP received reports of a virus affecting students across campus, and we need your help. Gather your team, find the cure and avoiding being infected by the zombie virus. This Halloween the Apocalypse comes to W&M: prepare yourself.
- Nov12pm - 6pmNuala Galbari and David Justis Signing The Woods of WicomicoWilliam & Mary Bookstore
This beautifully written and illustrated children's book tells the story of the peaceful creatures that dwell in the woods of Wicomico and how they band together to prevent the destruction of their home.
- Nov16pmVCPC Lecture Series at the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of Art
- Nov16:30pmDominican Bachata: Exploring Embodied Memories and Oral HistoriesPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, The Dodge Room
Interdisciplinary Lecture & Dance starting at 7:00pm.
Come for a dynamic lecture, to be followed by an introductory dance lesson in bachata dance!
Gather for light snacks and beverages starting at 6:30pm. Show More...
- Nov17pmFall 2016 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt Theatre
Join Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features Lake Tahoe, directed by Fernando Eimbcke.
- Nov18pm - 9pmEntertainment Business Association Interest MeetingTyler Hall, Room 114Are you interested in working in an entertainment-related field such as movies, music, or television? If so, stop by the Entertainment Business Association's interest meeting and learn more about what the organization has in store! Refreshments provided.
- Nov3All dayBrafferton Symposium at the Muscarelle Museum of ArtMuscarelle Museum of Art
The Muscarelle Museum of Art is hosting a day-long symposium, consisting of scholarly presentations by William & Mary faculty and Colonial Williamsburg staff. Student posters will also highlight the ongoing research on the Brafferton Indian School.
- Nov35pmThe Patrick Hayes Writers Series Presents Amy HempelTucker Hall, Tucker Theatre, Tucker 127A
Amy Hempel, author of multiple short story collections including The Collected Stories of Amy Hempel.
- Nov37pmThe Duke of the Bachata / El duque de la bachata (2009), film screeningBotetourt Theatre, Swem Library, ground floor
The Duke of the Bachata/ El Duque de la Bachata (USA, 2009, 53 mins.)
Open to students and faculty.
- Nov410am - 2pmJudy Bloodgood Bander, Signing No Borrowed GloryWilliam & Mary Bookstore
In the summer of 1781, 13-year-old Nathaniel Chiles uncovers a plot to murder Col. Josiah Parker. Can Nathaniel overcome his fear in time to warn the Colonel of this threat?
- Nov46pm - 9pmMuscarelle Museum of Art Fall Festival: Brafferton Stomp DanceMuscarelle Museum of Art
Join us for a student event at the Muscarelle Museum of Art, which will feature a stomp dance performance, delicious food, and unique art exhibition. The event coincides with current exhibition, Building the Brafferton.
- Nov510am - 2pmFeather Foster Signing Mary Lincoln’s Flannel Pajamas: And Other Stories From the First Ladies’ ClosetWilliam & Mary Bookstore
This heavily researched new book gives insight into some of the lesser-known First Ladies, using an item of their clothing to advance the tale.
- Nov52pm - 6pmMac Laird, Signing ChristannaWilliam & Mary Bookstore
This thrilling sequel to Dangerous Differences, explores the tension between the colonials of North Carolina and Virginia and the native tribes as they both strive to peacefully coexist.
- Nov57:30pm - 9:30pmThe William & Mary Music of India EnsembleEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Free and open to the public!
Featuring guest tabla artist Monir Hossain
- Nov77pm - 9pmBeginner’s Irish Music SessionWilliam & Mary Bookstore, Second floor, Cafe
We invite all aspiring Irish musicians to dust off their instruments and join us for Irish music in our Café.
- Nov87pmFall 2016 Independent and International Film SeriesSwem Library, Botetourt Theatre
Join Swem Tuesday evenings this semester for the Independent and International Film Series. This evening's screening features A Call Girl, directed by Damjan Kozole.Show More...
- Nov107:30pmWilliam & Mary Opera Workshop presents an Opera Scene RecitalEwell Hall, Recital Hall (Rm 107)
Admission: $5 public, $2 students and will be payable at the door.
Seating is limited so please call 221-1091 for reservations. All events in November 2016
- Oct2512:30pm-Oct275pmSIA Halloween CandygramsSadler Center
The Lovely Latin Ladies of the Beta Delta Chapter of Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha, Inc. are selling candygrams for Halloween! They are only $1 each (3 for $2) and we deliver them straight to their CSU box!
- Oct245pm-Oct286pmAudition for Queer Night of Expression!Tyler Hall, 134 (10/24) and 123 (10/28)
Are you, here, queer, and PROUD of it? Then please consider auditioning for Queer Night of Expression (QNOE)! More information on how/when to sign up for an audition can be found in our Facebook event.
- Oct24-Oct28Impact WeekSadler Center
A week of giving that helps financially support community service projects identified by student organizations. All projects directly impact the William & Mary or Williamsburg Community.
- Oct175:10pm-Nov26:10pmChinese Board GamesRowe House, Room 101Learn to play traditional Chinese board games such as Chinese Chess, Mahjong, and more!
|Calendar View List View Today|