- Jul110am - 2pmHenrietta Ford, signing Secret MessagesWilliam & Mary Bookstore
In 1824, a physician moves his family to Seaboard, NC, hoping to provide much-needed care for its impoverished citizens. But rumors of war divide this peaceful town and he finds himself struggling to meet the needs of both his patients and his family.
- Jul12pm - 6pmNuala Galbari & Dr. David Justis, signing The Woods of WicomicoWilliam & Mary Bookstore
This beautifully written and illustrated children's book tells the story of the peaceful creatures who make their home in the Woods of Wicomico.
- Jul186pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Sport FishingVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Willy Goldsmith will explain how he tracks & monitors survival rates of open-ocean fishes such as tunas & billfishes after catch-and-release fishing + what his findings mean for recreational fisheries. Click the title for more info.
- Aug226pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs)VIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabVIMS graduate student Sarah Pease will discuss the HABs that occur in Chesapeake Bay during summer, and how these blooms impact humans and the environment. Registration required. Click the title above for more information.
- Aug311pm - 3pmMeet the GreensCrim Dell Meadow
Kick-off My 1st W&M Weekend with Meet the Greens! Talk to student orgs, committees, professors, offices, departments, and local businesses about research, internships, and projects. Learn more about sustainability at W&M with FREE FOOD, MUSIC, and FUN!
- Sep1510am - 11:30amDiversity Networking BrunchCohen Career Center, Full buildingOpen to all students who self-identify as diverse, this brunch and mini-career fair provides an opportunity for employers to interact with students of diverse backgrounds and provide a more intimate setting for networking.Show More...
- Sep1512pm - 4pmFall Career & Internship FairSadler Center, Tidewater, Chesapeake
Looking for a job or internship? Meet employers at the annual Fall Career & Internship Fair put on by the Cohen Career Center.
- Oct96pm - 7:30pmRaft Debate - A W&M TraditionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallDescribed as a "delicate balance of comedy and lecture," the annual Raft Debate features four W&M faculty members from diverse disciplines, stranded on a desolate island with only a one-person life raft for escape to civilization.
- Oct176pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabExplore the wonders of dry ice, slime, and things that glow in the dark! This Halloween-themed lab will have many hands-on activities to explore the creepy, yucky, and slimy parts of science. Registration Required. Click event title for more information.
- Oct27All dayPerformance & Artist’s Talk with Pamela ZTBD
Pamela Z is a composer, performer and media artist who is a major voice challenging existing digital humanities orthodoxy. Her performance is part of the American Studies Program's symposium on Race, Memory, and the Digital Humanities.
- Apr125:30pm - 7pmOnawumi Jean Moss, the Soulful StorytellerSadler Center, Tidewater A/B
Ms. Moss is a storyteller, narrator, keynote speaker and author. Her performances encourage pride of heritage, appreciation of cultural differences and recognition of kinship, as well as inspire imagination, motivation, reflection and inquiry.
- Apr137pm - 8:30pmThe Opera in Williamsburg RecitalSadler Center, Commonwealth Auditorium
The Opera in Williamsburg will perform a melange of opera scenes. This performance is part of the year-long celebration to observe the 50th Anniversary of African Americans in Residence at William & Mary.All events in April 2018
- Jun55:10pm-Jun286:10pmPreparing to Travel in ChinaRowe House, Room 103
Do you dream of travelling to China? This course can help you learn the essentials for a trip there!
- Jun55:10pm-Jun286:10pmChinese CalligraphyRowe House, Room 103
WMCI will be offering a Chinese Calligraphy class this summer! Come learn this ancient art!
- May235:30pm-Aug16:30pmBeginner Yang Style Taiji ClassRowe House, TBDJoin WMCI in the study of Taiji, a Chinese martial art which combines breath work, balance, and meditation!
- May23-Aug2WMCI Summer ClassesRowe House
Join WMCI this summer for many new, fun, and educational courses!
|Calendar View List View Today|