- Mar125pm - 6pmVoices of "Tradition": Examining the Socio-Political Role of Women's Music in Gujarat, IndiaTucker Hall, 127AThis lecture on Indian music is based on recent research by ethnomusicologist Niyati Dokhai.
- Mar14-Mar19Choir Spring TourTBAPerformance tour of the W&M Choir. Conductor - James Armstrong
- Mar208pm - 9:30pmFaculty Concert: Sounds of Spring, Classical to JazzEwell Hall, Ewell Recital HallCelebrate the first day of spring with a concert of classical and jazz, performed by W&M Music faculty. Free admission, no tickets required.
- Mar237:30pmEwell Concert Series: Borromeo String QuartetWilliamsburg Library Theatre$10/general public, $5/students, tickets at the door.
- Mar27-Mar30Show More...
- Apr48pm - 9pmWilliam & Mary Chamber Winds Spring ConcertWren Building, Great HallJoin the W&M Chamber Winds in a performance featuring the finest music for small wind ensembles. Music of Mozart and R. Strauss. Dr. Paul Bhasin conducts.
- Apr58pmW&M Women's Chorus Concert with the Williamsburg Women's ChorusWilliamsburg Presbyterian ChurchThis is a joint concert featuring select repertory of women's music by two choral ensembles. Each group will sing a portion of the concert by themselves and then will join together for some combined pieces.
- Apr62pm - 3pmWind Ensemble Outdoor ConcertLake Mataoka AmphitheaterThe W&M Wind Ensemble continues its tradition of performing classics for band in the beautiful Lake Mataoka Amphitheater. Patriotic works, College spirit classics, and marches make up the program. Dr. Paul Bhasin conducts. Free.
- Apr87:30pm - 9:30pmW&M Middle Eastern Music Ensemble Concert with Howard LevyKimball TheatreW&M's versatile and adventuresome Middle Eastern Music Ensemble charts new territory from traditional Andalousi to North African chanson to Egyptian Cabbaret. Join us for our international tour fundraiser with world class harmonica virtuoso Howard Levy.
- Apr94pm - 5:15pmThe Case of Julie LaVerne: How Performers Remade Race in "Show Boat"Tucker Hall, 127AJoin us for a lecture by Dr. Todd Decker of University of Washington - St. Louis on the musical "Show Boat" as he explains the role of Julie, a mixed-race character called upon to give voice to her racial identity in the song "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man."
- Apr128pm - 9pmEarly Music Ensemble: Baroque Chamber Music on Period InstrumentsBruton Parish ChurchMusic by baroque composers (Bach, Handel, Krebs, Fasch) played on period instruments such as baroque flute, recorder, viola da gamba, and harpsichord.
- Apr132pmBotetourt Chamber Singers Spring ConcertWren Building, Great Hall
- Apr137:30pm - 8:30pmW&M Jazz Ensemble Spring ConcertKimball TheatreThe W&M Jazz Ensemble plays a concert featuring student and faculty soloists in classic and contemporary jazz ensemble works. Dr. Paul Bhasin directs. Tickets are $5 general admission and free for W&M students with ID and children under 12.
- Apr228:30pm - 9:30pmFrench Style Opera RecitalEwell Hall, Ewell Recital HallThis event will follow the Students in Performance concert. Several French opera arias and art songs will be performed by Sarah Falls, Sophia Farion, Andreas Moffett, Sophia Mortensen, and Ethan Roday.
- Apr248pmChoral Spring ConcertPhi Beta Kappa Memorial HallPerformance by the W&M Choir, Women's Chorus, and Botetourt Chamber Singers. Tickets available at the PBK Box Office at (757) 221-2674 and online. Online purchase requires a $1 service charge. Conductor - James Armstrong Conductor - Jamie BartlettShow More...
- Apr264pm - 5pmWind Ensemble Spring ConcertPhi Beta Kappa Memorial HallThe Wind Ensemble presents a program featuring Grainger's ode to folk songs of the British Isles, "Lincolnshire Posy," as well as Gustav Mahler's "Um Mitternacht" for mezzo-soprano and winds. Dr. Paul Bhasin directs.
- Apr268pmChoral Spring ConcertPhi Beta Kappa Memorial HallPerformance by the W&M Choir, Women's Chorus, and Botetourt Chamber Singers. Tickets available at the PBK Box Office at (757) 221-2674 and online. Online purchase requires a $1 service charge. Conductor - James Armstrong Conductor - Jamie Bartlett
- Apr274pm - 6pmSymphony Orchestra Spring ConcertPhi Beta Kappa Memorial HallSergei Rachmaninov, Piano Concerto No2 in C minor, op.18 Maria Yefimova, soloist Intermission Anton Dvorak, New World Symphony, E minor. op.95
- May13-May27Choral International Tour 2014Baltic States and RussiaTour of the W&M Choir and the Botetourt Chamber Singers to the Baltic States and Russia.All events in May 2014
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Music