- Jul289am - 10amDefense Seminar - Sarah Pease (M.S.)VIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumThesis Title: “Alexandrium monilatum in the Lower Chesapeake Bay: Sediment Cyst Beds and Potential Health Impacts to Crassostrea virginica”
- Jul2810:30am - 11:30amDefense Seminar - Britt Dean (M.S.)VIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumThesis Title: “Modulation of Watershed Nutrient Loads by Tidal Creek Ecosystems on the Virginia Eastern Shore”
- Jul287pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture: BillfishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor John Graves as he explores how satellite tagging of billfish helps to better understand the magnitude of post-release mortality and develop measures to promote survival.
- Aug257pm - 8pmAugust After Hours Lecture - Climate, coral reefs and resilienceVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS alumna Britt Parker, climate coordinator with NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program, explores how climate change and ocean acidification threaten coral reefs worldwide.
- Sep297pm - 8pmSeptember After Hours Lecture - Harmful Algal BloomsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS professor Kim Reece discusses harmful algal blooms, otherwise known as "red tides," that are of growing concern in coastal waters worldwide, including Chesapeake Bay.Show More...
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science