- Sep85pm - 6pmGates Scholarship Information SessionBlow Memorial HallIan Ralby (Marshall-Wythe '05) will discuss his experience as a Gates Scholar and offer advice on how to make the strongest application possible for nationally competitive awards.
- Sep1012pm - 1pmHow to Write a Green Fee Grant WorkshopSadler Center, York RoomDo you have an idea for a sustainability project or research? Green Fee Proposals are due October 1! Make your proposal the best it can be or learn the basics now for later! September 10, 12-1pm, Sadler Center: York Room. Questions? [[waterslake]]
- Sep1712pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Michael St. John Warne, Queensland Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and The Arts, Australia, hosted by Mike Unger
- Sep2112pmFulbright Full Grant Application DeadlineAll parts of the Fulbright Full Grant application must be submitted on line by noon on Monday, September 21.
- Sep2412pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Tidal Flat Morphodynamics", by Carl Friedrichs, VIMSShow More...
- Sep247pm - 8:30pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct112pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Kelly Gibson, University of South Carolina, hosted by Steve Kuehl
- Oct56:30pm - 8pmRaft Debate - A W&M TraditionPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial Hall, Memorial HallDescribed as a "delicate balance of comedy and lecture," the annual Raft Debate features four W&M faculty members from diverse disciplines, stranded on a desolate island with only a one-person life raft for escape to civilization.
- Oct812pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326No seminar - please attend the VIMS 75th Anniversary Homecoming Symposium
- Oct83pm-Oct1011pmVIMS 75th Anniversary HomecomingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, LobbyHelp us celebrate VIMS' 75th Anniversary at our first-ever homecoming!
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.
- Nov127pm - 8:30pmThe Navigators: Pathfinders of the PacificVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as anthropologist, filmmaker, and author Sam Low screens his award-winning documentary of where Polynesians came from and how they may have navigated without charts or instruments across 10 million square miles of empty sea.
- Nov1912pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Ethan Theurkauf, University of North Carolina, hosted by Matt KirwanAll events in November 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science