- Mar273pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Dr. Jennifer IrishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumDr. Jennifer Irish Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Virginia Tech
- Mar274pm - 6pmWhy Stories Matter: Understanding Narrative MedicineTucker Hall, 127aA Talk by Natasha Sriraman, M.D., Pediatrics Faculty, Eastern Virginia Medical School. Natasha Sriraman, M.D. is one of the leaders of the COLL 200 W&M-EVMS Narrative Medicine for Excellence Project.
- Apr212pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Liz Canuel, VIMS
- Apr1412pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar: Dave GauthierVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326Dr. Dave Gauthier Department of Biological Sciences Old Dominion University
- Apr1612pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Simulating Cross-scale Processes in North and Baltic Seas" by Joseph Zhang, VIMSShow More...
- Apr173pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Dr. Kevin LaffertyVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumDr. Kevin Lafferty Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology University of California Santa Barbara
- Apr2611am - 12:30pmCV to Resume WorkshopCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BCome join us at the Cohen Career Center to learn how to turn your CV into a resume.
- Apr2812pm - 1pmAHS Seminar: Hamish SmallVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
- Apr3012pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Sedimentation in Hinchinbrook Entrance, Alaska, USA: Correlations with Wave Energy on the Gulf of Alaska Continental Shelf" by Nicole Marshall, VIMS
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May13pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Jonathan GrabowskiVIMS - Andrews Hall, Andrews Hall 326Dr. Jonathan Grabowski Associate Professor, College of Science Northeastern University
- Jun257pmJune After Hours Lecture: Filming the Giant SquidVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Edith Widder, leader of the first expedition to film the giant squid Architeuthis, as she describes her unique approach to capturing live footage of this elusive deep-sea predator.
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Aug277pmAugust After Hours Lecture: Native use of the ChesapeakeVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin W&M Professor Martin Gallivan as he uses archaeological evidence and colonial accounts to reveal the tools and techniques employed by local tribes to harvest the rich marine resources of Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.Show More...
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.All events in October 2015
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science