- Feb274pm - 6pmUnconscious Bias: Overcoming the Demons of InequalityJames Blair Hall, Room 227A talk by Mekbib Gemeda, Vice President for Diversity at Eastern Virginia Medical School, February 27, 2015, James Blair Hall, 227, 4-6 p.m. Mr. Gemeda is one of the leaders of the COLL 200 W&M-EVMS Narrative Medicine for Excellence Project.
- Mar312pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar: Professor Jeff ShieldsVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
- Mar32pm - 3pmDesigning Conference PostersCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BCome join us at the Cohen Career Center for tips from Barbara Monteith on how to design effective conference posters.
- Mar1712pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar: Graduate Student Brendan TurleyVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
- Mar1912pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Bill Ball, Johns Hopkins UniversityShow More...
- Mar2312pm - 6pmJobs outside of Academia Panel and Mock interviewsCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BJoin us at the Cohen Career Center to learn about jobs outside academia and/or sign up for a mock job interview conducted by the Graduate Student Advisory Board members.
- Mar2412pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar: Postdoctoral Research Associate Xin LiVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
- Mar267pmMarch After Hours Lecture: Beautiful swimmers: blue crabs in Chesapeake BayVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS Professor Rom Lipcius as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary celebration with a look at the history and future of blue crabs in Chesapeake Bay.
- Mar273pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Dr. Jennifer IrishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumDr. Jennifer Irish Associate Professor, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering Virginia Tech
- Mar274pm - 6pmWhy Stories Matter: Understanding Narrative MedicineTucker Hall, 127aA Talk by Natasha Sriraman, M.D., Pediatrics Faculty, Eastern Virginia Medical School. Natasha Sriraman, M.D. is one of the leaders of the COLL 200 W&M-EVMS Narrative Medicine for Excellence Project.
- Apr212pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326Title TBA, by Liz Canuel, VIMS
- Apr1412pm - 12:50pmAHS Seminar: Dave GauthierVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326Dr. Dave Gauthier Department of Biological Sciences Old Dominion University
- Apr1612pm - 12:50pmPhy Sci Seminar (VIMS)VIMS - Andrews Hall, Dominion Classroom 326"Simulating Cross-scale Processes in North and Baltic Seas" by Joseph Zhang, VIMS
- Apr173pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Dr. Kevin LaffertyVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumDr. Kevin Lafferty Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology University of California Santa Barbara
- Apr2611am - 12:30pmCV to Resume WorkshopCohen Career Center, Presentation Rooms A&BCome join us at the Cohen Career Center to learn how to turn your CV into a resume.Show More...
- Apr2812pm - 1pmAHS Seminar: Hamish SmallVIMS - Andrews Hall, Room 326
- Apr307pmApril After Hours Lecture: The Gulf Oil Spill: Five years onVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS alumnus Michael Carron as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series with a look at the immediate and long-term effects of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Carron is Director of the Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative.
- May13pm - 4:30pmSeminar: Jonathan GrabowskiVIMS - Andrews Hall, Andrews Hall 326Dr. Jonathan Grabowski Associate Professor, College of Science Northeastern University
- Jun257pmJune After Hours Lecture: Filming the Giant SquidVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Edith Widder, leader of the first expedition to film the giant squid Architeuthis, as she describes her unique approach to capturing live footage of this elusive deep-sea predator.
- Jul307pmJuly After Hours Lecture: Oysters: Chesapeake Bay's once and future kingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mark Luckenbach as he continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by tracing the long and tumultuous history of oysters in Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep247pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.All events in October 2015
- Feb2212am-Mar811:55pmNational College Health Assessment: Check Your Inbox Now!On-lineThis confidential health survey allows the College to map a wide range of health issues, making our campus healthier. And as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student, you have a chance of winning one of many great prizes!
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science