[PAST EVENT] Auditions: She Kills Monsters
SHE KILLS MONSTERS By Qui Nguyen
A high-octane, action-packed adventure about Queerness, Geekery, Dungeons & Dragons and Sisterhood
Looking for 4M 8W (give or take)
ROLES* (Note that all roles are open to all ethnicities.)
- Tilly: A queer 15yo girl obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons. Smart, sarcastic, and strong, but underneath an insecure, bullied girl
- Agnes: Tilly’s older sister. 24yo high school English teacher who never really knew Tilly that well. “Average.”
-Lilith: Demon Queen, Tilly’s girlfriend, perfect combo of beauty and brawn,bloodthirsty
-Kaliope: Dark Elf, agile, master tracker, intelligent, above emotions
-Orcus: Overlord of the Underworld, a chill red Demon
-Chuck: A nerdy teen Dungeon Master, works at comic store
-Miles: Agnes’ boyfriend, well-meaning, responsible
-Narrator - think Cate Blanchett in Lord of the Rings
- Vera :Agnes’ friend and high school guidance counselor, snarky but colorful
-Steve: A D&D adventurer who shows up and dies multiple times
-Farrah the Faerie: - looks sweet but isn’t. Vicious and potty-mouthed.
-Evil Gabbi and Evil Tin: vampire cheerleaders who bully Tilly in the game and in real life
-Monsters: Kobolds, Bugbears, Tiamat the Dragon, and more
*some roles may be doubled
AUDITIONS: Sat/Sun Feb 1st-2nd with callbacks Mon Feb 3rd
• a one-minute monologue or piece of spoken word
• a short display of your physical badassery (e.g. breakdancing, cheerleading, gymnastics, martial arts, or, you know, just groovin’ to the music in your own unique way)
• Those called back will likely be asked to read from the script as well as learn a short dance, fight and/or movement sequence.
• Don’t forget to read the play! It is available at Swem Reserve desk under the name “TSD Mainstage” for 3-hour check out.
Stay tuned for sign-up sheets (in Morton) after winter break!
REHEARSALS: begin Feb 29th-March 1st with a stage combat intensive
These people will be at the auditions/callbacks:
Director: Liz Wiley
Dance/Mvmt: Joan Gavaler
Stage Manager: Lauren Miller
Fight Choreography: Emily Turner and Aaron Orensky (Virginia Stage Combat School)