[PAST EVENT] A Home Without Hazing - Current Member Training
LocationTucker Hall, 127A
350 James Blair Dr
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
In-person participation in A Home Without Hazing training will be required for all CURRENT MEMBERS of the 75+ specified groups. (See specified list of groups who must complete the training). If you are a member of any student organization(s) on this list, then you must complete a Home Without Hazing training session for CURRENT MEMBERS. (If you are in multiple specified organizations, the training must only be completed once per academic year by the individual student.)
TLDR: if you’re a member of an organization on this list, you’ve got to complete a training as a current member. The first wave of offered Current Member Trainings will take place between November 2nd and 17th (6 sessions). Sign up now and complete the requirement early!
Current Member Home Without Hazing general trainings will be offered during the month of November. These sessions are open to ALL students and will also specifically fulfill training requirements for Campus Recreation Sport Clubs. (You can attend representing a Sport Club AND/OR any other organization on the designated list.) Training dates and locations can be found on the Hazing Prevention TribeLink page.
• Current Member Trainings will be offered 6 times during the month of November. These sessions are general sessions and not group specific. Any current member of any organization is welcome to attend these trainings.
• Current Member Trainings will continue in the spring semester and MUST be completed by April 1st, 2023.
• Each organization with training requirements has designated A Home Without Hazing RSO Liaison and we will be working with your organizations liaison to ensure organization compliance.
• Organizations may choose to schedule a organization specific/members only training – these sessions will be scheduled in consult with your RSO Liaison and must be scheduled/completed before April 1, 2023.
• If you attended a prospective member training in August/September 2022, your training requirements for this academic year are complete (you are are not required to ALSO complete a current member training).
We believe that no one should ever be demeaned or exposed to harm in their efforts to be part of campus life. In-person participation in A Home Without Hazing Training consists of four separate required trainings (prospective members, new members, current members, and advisors).
Questions? Reach out to Anne Arseneau at [[aharse]] or 757-221-3273