[PAST EVENT] Sustainable Scholarship Virtual Forum
LocationLocation not specified
Access & Features
You are invited to learn more about how W&M Libraries is approaching bundled journal packages, including the concerns we have with the cost, equity, and sustainability of these packages. Public academic research library deans from across the commonwealth will speak to faculty members, staff, and librarians about these issues at the Sustainable Scholarship Virtual Forum on October 2 on Zoom. Specifically, they will share information about upcoming contract negotiations with Elsevier, the largest STEM scholarly publisher. Virginia's research libraries will be negotiating as a consortium with Elsevier to ensure that we provide our university and college communities with the resources they need to research, teach, and learn while we continue to be good stewards of state funds.
- Carrie Cooper, Dean of University Libraries, William & Mary
- Stuart Frazer, Interim University Librarian, Old Dominion University
- Teresa L. Knott, Interim Dean of Libraries and University Librarian, Virginia Commonwealth University
- John Unsworth, Dean of Libraries and University Librarian, University of Virginia
- Bethany Nowviskie, Dean of Libraries, James Madison University
- Tyler Walters, Dean of University Libraries, Virginia Tech
- John Zenelis, Dean of Libraries and University Librarian, George Mason University
- Brandon Butler, Director of Information Policy, University of Virginia
Save the date and join us for the discussion. Submit questions and register for the forum.
Learn more about W&M Libraries’ role in the upcoming Virginia research library consortium's negotiations with Elsevier.
Tami Back, [[tcback]]