- Oct24All dayIREP AFRICA-Students Celebrating AfricaSadler CenterA weekend of events hosted by the African Cultural Society to celebrate Africa!
- Oct2412pm - 1pmEducation & Entrepreneurship Community DiscussionBlow Memorial Hall, 3rd Floor LoungeJoin the discussion with Will Morris '11 about his experience teaching with Urban Prep in Chicago and then founding EdConnective which provides training and support for teachers through instructional coaching.
- Oct2412pm - 1pmYoSpinStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studiow/ Jenny
- Oct241pm - 2pmColumbia University School of Engineering and Applied Science Information SessionSadler Center, York RoomThis event is open to Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Environmental Science, Finance, Mathematics, Physics, and any student interested in pursuing an advanced degree in an applied science or engineering field.
- Oct241pm - 2:30pmW&M eLearning Community Meeting!Miller Hall (Mason School of Business), Room 1013This past summer, W&M offered two fully online undergraduate courses in the Arts & Sciences. On Friday, October 24th, at 1:00 pm in Miller 1013, we will share feedback and recommendations from the students who completed those courses. Please join us!Show More...
- Oct243pmCS Distinguished Speaker Series: The Past and Future of Perceptually-Based RenderingMcGlothlin-Street Hall, Room 020
- Oct243pmShoreline change in urban Massachusetts: time for retreat?VIMS - Watermen's Hall, Andrews Hall 326Porter Hoagland, a Senior Research Specialist in the Marine Policy Center at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, will examine the dynamics of coastal meta-ecosystems by testing the intermittent upwelling hypothesis in rocky intertidal regions.
- Oct243pm - 4:20pmChemistry Fall SeminarISC2 (Rogers Hall), Room 1127Norah Bate (W&M B.S. '09, M.S. '11) of LORD Corp., R&D Headquarters, Cary, NC, presents "Temperature-Cure Adhesives for Post-Vulcanized Rubber to Metal Bonding." Please join us for refreshments before the seminar.
- Oct243pm - 6pmOpen House for The HavenCampus Center, Room 166Please join us on Friday, October 24, 3 - 6 p.m @ Campus Center 166 for the opening of The Haven: A Center for Support, Advocacy & Empowerment. There will be light refreshments & tours of the space with information on what The Haven offers our community.
- Oct243:30pm - 6pmBloomberg Aptitude TestMiller Hall (Mason School of Business), Financial Markets Room 1066, Miller HallThe BAT is a multiple choice test that evaluates your abilities as relative to a career in finance and then helps you to anonymously market yourself to over 20,000 employers via the Bloomberg Talent Search.
- Oct244pmFall Seminar: Kendra Sewall--VA TechAndrews Hall, Room 101Title: TBA
- Oct244:30pm - 5:20pmCardio Hip-HopStudent Recreation Center, Group Fitness Studiow/ Anna & Sarah
- Oct244:30pm - 5:20pmSpinningStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studiow/ Ally
- Oct245pmMen's Swimming vs. MARY WASHINGTONWILLIAMSBURG
- Oct245pmWomen's Swimming vs. MARY WASHINGTONWILLIAMSBURGShow More...
- Oct245:30pm - 6:30pmBODYPUMP(TM)Student Recreation Center, Group Fitness StudioPaul & Terry
- Oct245:30pm - 6:30pmHappy HourStudent Recreation Center, Multipurpose StudioInstructor Rotation
- Oct246pmOPERA NIGHT - Lucia di Lammermoor+pizzata at Italian housePleasants Hall (Randolph Complex)Gaetano Dininzetti's Lucia will be putting on Friday 24th October at Kimball Theater at 8pm. Before attending the opera the Italian Department is glad to offer its students free pizza and drinks at the Italian House at 6pm
- Oct246:30pmField Hockey vs. at VCURichmond, Va.
- Oct247pmWomen's Soccer vs. at James MadisonHarrisonburg, Va.
- Oct247pm - 9pmFree Dodgeball tournament this Friday evening!Student Recreation Center, MAC CourtCome out with your friends to enjoy the best team building sport, dodgeball!
- Oct248pm7th Grade Sketch Comedy Presents: Tigger's in ParisCampus Center, Little TheaterJoin 7th Grade Sketch Comedy for an evening of 100 Acre laughs! Enjoy all new, original sketches as we introduce you to the troupe's newest members! Friday at 8:00 p.m. in Little Theater. $1 admission.
- Oct248pm - 9:30pmDANCEVENTPhi Beta Kappa (PBK) Memorial HallA concert of original choreography by Dance faculty members Leah Glenn, Lauren Morris and Denise Damon Wade, performed by faculty, the Orchesis Dance Company and guest artists.
- Oct248pm - 10pmW&M Symphony Orchestra Halloween ConcertSadler Center, Commonwealth AuditoriumJoin the William and Mary Symphony Orchestra for an exciting Halloween Concert with a costume contest and prizes! Tickets will be sold 11am-2pm and 5pm-8pm Monday-Friday in Sadler starting Monday, October 20th.
- Oct2410pm-Oct251amDelta Gamma Anchor SlamStudent Recreation CenterJoin DG in a 3-on-3 pick-up basketball tournament to support its philanthropy Service for Sight! The theme of the event is "Space Jam" and the $10 participation fee includes a T-shirt.All events in October 2014
- Oct234:30pm-Oct251pmSouthern Clinical ConferenceLaw SchoolPlease join us for the fourth annual Southern Clinical Conference, "Assessment, Outcomes and the Value of Clinical Legal Education", at William & Mary Law School on October 23-25, 2014 in Williamsburg, Virginia.
- Oct20-Oct31Coffee with a CLA FellowCLA Fellows are available for informal discussion with faculty about COLL course development. What's on your mind? See the full schedule.
- Oct15-Oct31Breaking Ground Photography Exhibition, Homecoming 2014Andrews Hall, Atrium and GalleryBreaking Ground: Contemporary Photography at the College of William & Mary, a collection of photographic artworks by 110 national and international artists, and accompanying catalog.
- Oct15-Oct29BLSA International Book DriveLaw School, Main entrance & ZimeDonate to W&M BLSA's book drive to help create a library in a developing country. You can donate your books - any books - to the boxes in Zime (the Law School's caf) and in the Law School's main entrance next to the umbrellas.
- Oct11:15pm-Dec41:45pm30-Minute Relaxation SessionsBlow Memorial Hall, Room 240Students can walk in--no appointment necessary, choose a yoga mat and spend 30 minutes engaging in deep breathing, guided imagery, autogenic training, and progressive muscle relaxation exercises. Leave feeling rejuvenated and refreshed every Thursday!
- Oct1-Oct31Ben & Jerry's MonthBen & Jerry's, Premium OutletsBen & Jerry's at the Williamsburg Premium Outlets donates $.50 to Swem Library for every frozen beverage purchased during the month of October.
- Sep22-Nov2STRONG Steps to Fitness & Wellness: Fall 2014 Patron Incentive ProgramStudent Recreation CenterGet active, get healthy, get STRONG with the Fall Incentive program at Campus Recreation, FREE to participate.
- Sep3-Nov5Group Fitness Instructor Training Course-Fall 2014Student Recreation Center, Multipurpose Studio and Conference RoomThis 10-week course will be held on Wednesdays from 2:15-4:15pm in the Student Recreation Center, Sept 3rd-Nov. 5th. Register online while space is available.
- Oct38am-Dec315pmFrom Fights to Rights: The Long Road to a More Perfect Union ExhibitsSwem Library, Special Collections Research CenterVisit Swem Library for exhibits from the "From Fights To Rights" project commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the 50th anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement. Exhibits rotate at least twice each year.
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by William & Mary