[PAST EVENT] 2E at W&M: Twice Exceptional Conference
Access & Features
- Ticketed event
What is the 2e at William & Mary Conference?
The conference focuses on twice-exceptional (high-ability with learning differences or neurodiverse) children both at home and school. The goal of the conference is to provide information, resources, support, and community building opportunities to educators, administrators, parents, practitioners, counselors, and district personnel.
Session topics will include:
- Gifted education and talent development strategies
- Disability profiles (ADHD, OCD, ASD, LD . . .)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) & 504
- Social emotional wellbeing
- Curriculum & instruction
- Gifted & special education policy
- Whole child wellness
- . . . for twice-exceptional learners
Foley-Nicpon, Assouline, and Colangelo’s 2013 study found that psychologists, special education teachers, and classroom teachers were less familiar with twice-exceptionality than gifted teachers. 2E at W&M provides networking opportunities for educators and parents; highlights resources, strategies, practices, and approaches that are unique to the dual needs of twice-exceptional learners and their families. We can’t wait to meet you!
2020 Registration fees
- Early Bird Rate (through Feb. 8, 2019): $225
- Regular Rate (Feb. 9 - 28, 2019): $275
- 1 Day Registration: $125.00
- Current W&M Students, Faculty, and Staff: $100 - please contact us for a special registration code!