[PAST EVENT] Project Horseshoe Farm Information Session
November 17, 2021
6:30pm - 7:30pm
LocationCohen Career Center, Virtual
180 Stadium Dr
Williamsburg, VA 23185Map this location
Learn about Project Horseshoe Farm's fellowship program, designed for students interested in health, public health, education, and other helping professions. Accepted Fellows receive free housing, an educational grant of $700-$1000/month (site dependent), and valuable experience through:
- Mentored relationship focused volunteer service to seniors, adults living with mental illness, and children.
- Volunteer work supporting health providers and teachers and extending their capacity to provide relationship focused care and support to adults living with mental illness, seniors, and children in local communities.
- Direct volunteer service to individuals as a way of positively impacting the psychological and social determinants of health and learning about Horseshoe Farm’s approach to biopsychosocial community health.
- Close work and collaboration with a team of other talented Fellows and ongoing teaching and mentorship from top notch Site Directors.
- First hand exposure to and learning about health systems, health policy, and Horseshoe Farm’s approach to reinforcing and strengthening health and education systems.
- Experience with and learning about operations in a community based non-profit organization.
- Community Engagement volunteer work and other opportunities to get to know your local community.
- Weekly reading and discussion series
Session is virtual. RSVP below for Zoom link.