[PAST EVENT] Last Day of Class Bell Ringing
Access & Features
Ringing the Wren Bell at the end of the academic year is a cherished William & Mary tradition! In order to ensure that all graduating students can ring the bell, only graduating students who register through a link provided to them may ring the bell.
- The Wren Building is open ONLY to members of the William & Mary community (faculty, staff, students). A current student who is not graduating may accompany you to take a photo, but family or friends outside of the W&M community are not permitted inside.
- All participants must wear a mask
- Line-up will begin outside the courtyard fence (on the Sunken Garden side of the Wren Building). Volunteers will be there to assist.
- Participants must maintain at least 6 feet between others while waiting in line
- A hand wash station is there for you to wash before entering Wren. There will be hand sanitizer for you after ringing the bell
- No food or drink is permitted inside the Wren Building
- The entire process should take anywhere from 5-15 minutes, depending on how many students are ringing the bell during your time slot
- Finally, we hope students will share their experience. Students may tag their public Twitter and Instagram photos with #wmgrad and the photos might be included in the pre-ceremony slideshows in Zable Stadium and on the #wmGrad social wall. Private Instagram account? Share photos with us via Box and we'll post them publicly for you. Learn more and see the latest.