[PAST EVENT] Bike Alliance Cycling Skills Clinic
Access & Features
- Paid event
Join the Bike Alliance for a multi-part clinic to become a better cyclist! This is a program for the intermediate cyclist that wants to improve their level of skill and comfort on a bicycle with lessons on basic maintenance, riding in a group, and maneuvering techniques.
March 28th, April 4th, April 11th, April 18th, April 25th
Instructor: Rich Thompson
Course fee: $15.00
All payments processed through William & Mary Express
Capacity: 15 participants
Registration is required. After the limit is reached, subsequent signups will be placed on a wait list. We will reach out to you in the case of a cancellation.
This is a multi-part clinic designed to build upon skills introduced in previous sessions as the clinic progresses. As such, the participant should commit to attend as many sessions as possible before registering.
Become more comfortable on the bike and, in turn, a more capable rider by practicing essential handling skills on a closed course and on the road.
- parts of the bicycle
- how to know if your bike fits you
- what to check on your bike before a ride
- gear shifting
- climbing & descending
- riding in groups
- riding in traffic
- basic repairs & maintenance
- bicycle gearing and riding cadence
The following are required of all participants:
- An appropriately fitted bike in good mechanical working condition (bikes are available to rent if needed)
- A certified/approved bike helmet that is properly fitted and worn during all program instruction (except for the mechanical session)
- A spare tube
- A water bottle
If you need help sourcing any of the above, you can reach out to Charlotte or James for advice (see emails below).
Bike Alliance Student Leader - [[cmrussel01, Charlotte]] ; Bike Alliance Staff Coordinator - [[jkeeter, James]]