[PAST EVENT] Department of Defense Naval Shipyard Tour
LocationLocation not specified
1) Students arrive NLT 9:30 am at the Navy Tour Office (9079 Hampton Blvd). The open parking lot can handle approximately 10-15 cars.
2) Mr. Rice and the Government personnel will greet the students and escort the group to the ships.
3) Students will need a picture ID for access to the Shipyard. It is recommended that non-USA Citizens bring their passport.
4) A tour guide and Senior Executive Service members will accompany the group to answer questions. The students will be able to ask questions of the tour guides, military, and civilians working on the ships.
5) If a student asks, the civilian acquisition workforce has an opportunity to work on a ship, in an office, or in a laboratory environment.
6) Lunch ? Students should bring their own lunch or money to purchase lunch at the Navy Exchange Food Court. There is a variety of food options ? Chinese, Italian, Taco Bell, Sandwich Shop, etc.
7) Students should wear business casual clothes and comfortable flat shoes. No dresses, skirts, or open-toed shoes are recommended. Additionally, they should not carry anything in their hands due to going up and down steps that are narrow and steep on the ships.