- Jun291:30pm - 4:30pm
- Jun307pm - 8pmJune After Hours Lecture - The shocking truth about sharksVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as fish physiologist Richard Brill describes the successes and challenges of his team’s attempts to develop practical methods to deter sharks from fishing gear.
- Jul610:30am - 12pm
- Jul61:30pm - 4:30pm
- Jul67:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Ocean Acidification North and SouthVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Elizabeth Shadwick highlights her work on changing ocean chemistry in the Arctic and Antarctic.Show More...
- Jul810:30am - 12pm
- Jul131:30pm - 4:30pm
- Jul1410:30am - 12pm
- Jul1510:30am - 12pm
- Jul1910:30am - 12pm
- Jul196pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: RaysVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin us for this family-friendly event and learn the importance of rays in the Bay ecosystem and whether a ray fishery might help reduce their reported consumption of farmed shellfish.
- Jul201:30pm - 4:30pm
- Jul2210:30am - 12pm
- Jul2610:30am - 12pm
- Jul271:30pm - 4:30pmShow More...
- Jul287pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture: BillfishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor John Graves as he explores how satellite tagging of billfish helps to better understand the magnitude of post-release mortality and develop measures to promote survival.
- Jul2910:30am - 12pm
- Aug410:30am - 12pm
- Aug510:30am - 12pm
- Aug1010:30am - 12pm
- Aug1210:30am - 12pm
- Aug1810:30am - 12pm
- Aug1910:30am - 12pm
- Aug236pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: EelsVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn why eels are important not only to our local region but around the world during this family-friendly event. There are over 800 species of eels in the world, and their roles as both predator and prey are important to the Bay ecosystem.
- Aug2410:30am - 12pmAll events in August 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science