- Jul287pm - 8pmJuly After Hours Lecture: BillfishVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor John Graves as he explores how satellite tagging of billfish helps to better understand the magnitude of post-release mortality and develop measures to promote survival.
- Jul2910:30am - 12pm
- Aug37:30pm - 8:30pmVIMS Wachapreague Public Seminar: Hormones and Migrating Blue-winged TealVIMS - Seaside Hall (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Dr. Morgan Wilson, Associate Professor at Hollins University, explores how blue-winged teal hormone levels compare to songbirds and what this means for migration.
- Aug410:30am - 12pm
- Aug510:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Aug1010:30am - 12pm
- Aug1210:30am - 12pm
- Aug1810:30am - 12pm
- Aug1910:30am - 12pm
- Aug236pm - 8pmDiscovery Lab: EelsVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabLearn why eels are important not only to our local region but around the world during this family-friendly event. There are over 800 species of eels in the world, and their roles as both predator and prey are important to the Bay ecosystem.
- Aug2410:30am - 12pm
- Aug257pm - 8pmAugust After Hours Lecture - Climate, coral reefs and resilienceVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS alumna Britt Parker, climate coordinator with NOAA’s Coral Reef Conservation Program, explores how climate change and ocean acidification threaten coral reefs worldwide.
- Aug2610:30am - 12pm
- Aug3110:30am - 12pm
- Sep210:30am - 12pmShow More...
- Sep910:30am - 12pm
- Sep1610:30am - 12pm
- Sep2310:30am - 12pm
- Sep297pm - 8pmSeptember After Hours Lecture - Harmful Algal BloomsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as VIMS professor Kim Reece discusses harmful algal blooms, otherwise known as "red tides," that are of growing concern in coastal waters worldwide, including Chesapeake Bay.
- Sep3010:30am - 12pm
- Oct277pm - 8pmOctober After Hours Lecture - EelsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Mary Fabrizio as she describes efforts to study juvenile eels in light of recent declines in landings of adult American eels along the Atlantic coast.All events in October 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science