- Sep1110:30am - 12pmVIMS Public TourVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Visitor's Center/LobbyReserve a space for our weekly public tours to learn more about VIMS!
- Sep156pm - 8pmSeptember Discovery Lab-EchinodermsVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin Dr. Jonathan Allen and the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the September Discovery Lab!
- Sep1710:30am - 11:59pmMermaid Cup Golf Tournament3700 Centerville Rd Williamsburg, VA 23188Join the Associated General Contractors of Virginia for the Mermaid Cup Golf Tournament to benefit VIMS!
- Sep1810:30am - 12pmVIMS Public TourVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Visitor's Center/LobbyReserve a space for our weekly public tours to learn more about VIMS!
- Sep247pm - 8:30pmSeptember After Hours Lecture: Antarctic Edge: 70° SouthVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin VIMS professor Deborah Steinberg as she continues VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by introducing the film that tells the behind-the-scenes story of long-term ecological research at Palmer Station on the West Antarctic Peninsula.Show More...
- Sep2612pm - 4pmVIMS Eastern Shore Lab Marine Life DayVIMS - Seawater Facility (Eastern Shore Laboratory)Join us for a fun and educational day learning about marine life found on Virginia's Eastern Shore and beyond at VIMS' Eastern Shore Laboratory in Wachapreague!
- Sep296:30pm - 8pmA Scientist Walks Into A Bar... Harmful Algal Blooms in VirginiaOff-Campus, Mike's Place, 11006 Warwick Blvd., Newport NewsJoin VIMS professor Kim Reece for an informal discussion to learn about "red tides" and bioluminescence in local waters.
- Oct39am - 12pmTaskinas Creek Canoe TripYork River State ParkJoin Virginia Institute of Marine Science guides on a canoe trip exploring Taskinas Creek at York River State Park.
- Oct83pm-Oct1011pmVIMS 75th Anniversary HomecomingVIMS - Watermen's Hall, LobbyHelp us celebrate VIMS' 75th Anniversary at our first-ever homecoming!
- Oct168pm - 10pmTeen Beach NightVIMS - Watermen's HallBring a flashlight and join us for a fun night exploring the shallows.
- Oct206pm - 8pmOctober Discovery Lab-Mad LabVIMS - Catlett-Burruss Research and Education LabJoin the marine educators at the Chesapeake Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve for the October Discovery Lab!
- Oct236:30pm - 9pmVIMS OystoberfestVIMS - Chesapeake Bay Hall, CourtyardJoin us as we celebrate VIMS' 75th Anniversary with our first-ever Oystoberfest!
- Oct238pm - 10pmBeach NightVIMS - Watermen's HallBeach Night gives adults a chance to be kids again.
- Oct2410am - 11:30amTeeth, Tentacles, and TailsVIMS - Watermen's Hall, LobbyJoin us for this fun and educational event offered during the Virginia Science Festival!
- Oct297pmOctober After Hours Lecture: Otherworldly OceansVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin Dr. Mary Voytek, Senior Scientist for Astrobiology at NASA, as she wraps up VIMS' 75th anniversary lecture series by exploring the possibility of discovering life on Jupiter's moon Europa.Show More...
- Nov127pm - 8:30pmThe Navigators: Pathfinders of the PacificVIMS - Watermen's Hall, McHugh AuditoriumJoin us as anthropologist, filmmaker, and author Sam Low screens his award-winning documentary of where Polynesians came from and how they may have navigated without charts or instruments across 10 million square miles of empty sea.
- May2110am - 3pmMarine Science DayVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Watermen's Hall Watermen's Hall McHugh Auditorium
- May2110am - 3pmMarine Science DayVIMS - Watermen's Hall, Watermen's Hall Watermen's Visitor CenterAll events in May 2016
|Calendar View List View Today|
This calendar presented by Virginia Institute of Marine Science